• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Question About Pumping.

Guest Keane

Guest Keane

I'm pre-T and I got a feeding syringe for birds/small animals today to make into a pump, since I might be getting hormones soon-ish. It's a 10mL syringe, I would have gotten a slightly bigger one for feeding puppies, but I think I might be able to use this for a while before I outgrow it, but I just wanted to double check here. And if anyone could give me tips for cutting the squirty-end off of it, that would be great.

Guest Keane

Yeah, the bird/hamster feeder syringe did not work. Never thought I'd be able to say this, but.... it's too small for me. XD There goes my $4. Anyone know where I could get a proper sized syringe?

Guest Bunny

This may be the least helpful reply I've ever written but here goes!

I saw something a while ago on youtube. Someone gave info on the best way to saw the end off, where they got theirs and what it was used for.

So try a youtube search and see what you get out of it?

I'll do some searching again to see if I can come across it but I found the indo via lots of random clicking about so you might find the info faster then I can.

Guest MrAwesome

I volunteer at a hospital and I got a feeding Syringe, What I did was take the plunger out, and cut off the end that had the tip thingy, with a knife. I put the plunger back in through that end, so I could have the open non-jagged even end put on that area...

Guest My_Genesis

Not worthy of its own thread I don't think but a bit of a tangent: I saw a youtube video someone did where they bought like a pumping kit, which came with 3 different size pumps. they have to be assembled somehow, i think it comes with instructions though. anyone know where you can get one of these?

Guest My_Genesis

clarification: the kit was more "trans-sized", they weren't like the regular penis pumps that the starting ones are way too big for our purposes. the first one was real small.

Guest Evan_J

Hmmmm.....

Well, first, the only "syringe type" thing I've ever seen that might be big enough is one I saw that was for injecting marinade -yep on food. It was about an inch across and like I said, even that might be too narrow, esp once you are on T. I actually saw it at a dollar store though, so those of you who want to jump start and all, thats a cheap resource. That being said, rethinking where you look for stuff might be in order; tools /syringes for culinary areas might yield results.

If anyone wants the name of a site that actually makes multisizes of cylindars though, I do have one. PM me. The cylindars can be bought "a la carte" and you could add whatever pump you wish/find/have. The price range was approx 40bucks per cylinder. Standard shapes just like the "typical" cylindar just other sizes.

Guest Cody_T

The syringes I used are here: http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3215779

the picture provided is a really small one, but there are two other pictures you can mouse over... you're probably looking for the middle one (35cc) but maybe the biggest (60cc). I pretty much just walked into a petsmart and found all three of them, so you can either do that or be really smart and call ahead to find out about availability.

Since they have that finger thing up top that I didn't like, I sawed off the end with my pocket knife blade (which is serrated, any steak knife works well) and then covered the opening with duct tape. basically I took a strip about half the width of a roll of duct tape (make a tear in the middle, then keep the other side down as you pull), stuck half of its width around the inside of the tube, and then folded it over the edge.

Guest Evan_J
Can I ask specifically what the pumping is about here?

The pumping in question is ftm neo-phallic. Some doctors recommend it in conjunction with genital-specific topical testosterone prescription who perform ftm bottom surgery the metoidioplasty in particular.

(Btw, let the above be a lesson to you fellows, you can say it if you can say it technical enough :rolleyes: )

There are those who (of course) argue that if such pumping were "productive", natal males would have increased their sizes to proportions extraordinary. However there are those others (and maybe there is a type of productivity that is ftm specific?) who advocate if not some increase as the result of mere stretching then by exercise and the increase of blood flow to the area. The increase in circulated blood in particular seems (to me ) to be of most likelihood in regard to ftms since it is being done during a timeperiod when the testosterone in system is taking that tissue through a growth stage. I guess thats why I speculate on it being ftm specific; the natal male has already typically finished growth due to hormone by the time pumping enters his life.

Guest Wendae

Why not just go to any sex shop or site that sells adult toys where they have pumps that are designed for that part of anatomy? No sharp edges. I realize they are designed with a different purpose in mind, altho some are advertised as lengthening and enlarging tools, but it would seem to be more logical and less chance of injury.

Guest Evan_J
Why not just go to any sex shop or site that sells adult toys where they have pumps that are designed for that part of anatomy? No sharp edges. I realize they are designed with a different purpose in mind, altho some are advertised as lengthening and enlarging tools, but it would seem to be more logical and less chance of injury.

The majority (depending on how cosmopolitan it is where you live) of walk in places either are fitted to a standard penis (way to large) or other body parts that are far too small. Although they may "work" for a non-trans female bodied person on the genitalia, very often (esp taking into consideration that many tguys pre-hrt have some higher t levels than those peeps) tend to be "past" that size early on. Once testosterone hrt enters the picture, often they are "way too large " for one option while being "too small " for the other. HOWEVER there are companies (most easily found online) that can hit those in-between sizes.

Guest My_Genesis
The pumping in question is ftm neo-phallic. Some doctors recommend it in conjunction with genital-specific topical testosterone prescription who perform ftm bottom surgery the metoidioplasty in particular.

(Btw, let the above be a lesson to you fellows, you can say it if you can say it technical enough :rolleyes: )

There are those who (of course) argue that if such pumping were "productive", natal males would have increased their sizes to proportions extraordinary. However there are those others (and maybe there is a type of productivity that is ftm specific?) who advocate if not some increase as the result of mere stretching then by exercise and the increase of blood flow to the area. The increase in circulated blood in particular seems (to me ) to be of most likelihood in regard to ftms since it is being done during a timeperiod when the testosterone in system is taking that tissue through a growth stage. I guess thats why I speculate on it being ftm specific; the natal male has already typically finished growth due to hormone by the time pumping enters his life.

So you don't think pumping is legit for natal males? :huh: I was actually considering, if ever in the future I can get a full male set of organs, that I'd be pumping anyway. I'm a bit ambitious I suppose :P

Guest Evan_J
So you don't think pumping is legit for natal males? :huh: I was actually considering, if ever in the future I can get a full male set of organs, that I'd be pumping anyway. I'm a bit ambitious I suppose :P

the jury is out and split on that. Some natal guys who do it (bear in mind we're talkin regular pumping , either natal or trans ) say they saw gain. But I haven't heard one where the gain was more than around an inch. An inch though to a trans guy can be the difference between clearing the front of your trousers to urinate or not.