• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Interconnectedness?

Guest Elizabeth K

Guest Elizabeth K

Letter to Penelope:

Dear Lizzy,

I notice that you have remarked more than once that everything is now interconnected for you. Please could you explain, by a forum posting or by return, what you mean by this?

Thank you

Penelope.

Penny - can I use that?

INTERCONNECTEDNESS

It was one of the first things I noticed when I feminized my brain with the HRT hormones (I was always female in mindset, and thought I was pretty much a woman in my thinking - but BAMMMM - it is really different when your female brain is working with the proper fuel!)

I begin seeing the world as a woman does. I suppose some males can also do this/

I know now how vulnerable we humans are, how dangerous the world is, how easy it is to be killed or injured by the stupid or inconsiderate actions of others! Selfish actions that lead to the misery for others... inadvertant Acts of Cruelty! {as opposed to Random Acts Of Kindness - a new concept for me).

War, for example, is not only really all for the wrong reasons, it is a danger to women and children - not to mention guys and girls on the front lines - those "in harm's way"! War is politics, and world economics, and propaganda. It can be necessary to save our nation as a Democracy - but I NOW see war nowdays as it really is - as a policelike reaction to preserve the status quo - or as a radical means to promote a new idealology.

And violence? And racing cars? And ... and, well... all that macho posturing?

I have lost my armor plating, the suit of bravo and testosterone - I am not anywhere near bulletproof anymore, and I know it!

So

I see a poor American child with no shoes in the cold - and I cry. I read about a woman beaten by her husband and it tears me up. I see a family destroyed by a sensless drug-related killing, say that of a son or a husband, and I break down... and it doesn't go away... and it bothers me forever. The injustice and inhumanity in the world makes me want to gather my kids and my pets, and hide under the bed. It is such a cruel world out there. I never saw it quite like that before. NEVER

Yet

It can be such a loving world - at least for those of us in the know who understand relationships. We women know to band together, to share and scheme how to protect ourseves and our loved ones. Tricks, hints, manners and proper ladylike attitudes... we tap into that.

All something that has ALWAYS been there! Half the world knows of that. I now am part of it.

And

Why do womwn fall in love with men, for example? They seem so.... crude...

But men are like eager puppies. They are babies when it comes to relationships. They are so caught up in their hormonal instincts they sometimes forget what it is to love and be loved. We have to teach them to be a child again, to love and cherish people - us women and our children. They are handy as protectors - for the heavy lifting, and... well... sperm doners!

I really don't like men, never have... but they have their uses. (my apologies to the FTM of Laura's)

That interconnectedness... with the world... with our spouses... with our children... with our friends, especially our special girlfriends... and very very very importantly, with ourselves...

We now can truly love everyone!

Hope that sort of explains it. Ask Sally and Donna Jean what the three of us discovered in Memphis - when we finally met. I just met Carolyn Marie in person, and her lovely family! I will never forget that time! There is a special magic now to meeting kindred souls... something I NEVER knew before.

I have aways desired to be - EXACTLY - what I am now. Oh my - my dream come true!

oh my oh my oh my

Elizabeth

Guest Donna Jean

Lizzy......

Your post totally overwhelms me....

It's exactly what you are saying for me, too....The way that I connect with the world anymore...

In my old Testosterone fueled self, I was most things that you mentioned here...I was poisoned.

But now, it's all become so clear to me, so obvious....

And I don't need to try to affect it, push it make it happen....I've interconnected automatically...It just happened to me.

I could see the world in whole new ways and see the foolishness of so many things anymore...Things that we, as women, do NOT need or want to be a part of ...We've been reborn and our eyes opened..

Yes, we gather with our sisters and instantly understand the other's pain and feelings and what it feels like. Now we seem to instinctively know so much more truth...eyes open to the intricacies of life and the world...

Where did all of that come from?

Was all of that magic in those little teal colored pills?

Or, is there something far larger at work here?

It didn't hit me one day at quater after three...

I really don't know when it happened...just bit by bit..but, one thing for certain..It's here now. I feel it.

I belong to the world differently now...I see it differently, feel it differently....

Thanks for the wonderful post, Lizzy....

Really wakes up the mind to what's happened to us...

Love you for that!

Donna Jean

Guest Evan_J

Disclaimer: The following response is written presuming that "the woman" feels/experiences the things described by the original authoress. Some women may be of a different sort and not . That possibility is acknowledged.

.....Why do womwn fall in love with men, for example? They seem so.... crude...

Yes, they are, by comparison. I'll give you that. I do agree. In women there is a beauty that touches all things.

It is (in my opinion) their presence that makes most of living "beautiful" and a joy. That because they can see things in the way that they do, and feel things the way that they do, in knowing them the men get to experience humanity, faith, peace, and the thousand other things that make being human pleasant. HOWEVER, she needs him (and maybe its in those moments that she can manage to love him) to balance what she is. She sees and feels the pains of a thousand wrongs and although she very well could work to correct them, often its in the masculine element (even when welded by women) that the work (which is slowed if compassion overshadows efficiency, or appreciation bars the way of expedience) occurs. Kind of like those boxes being carried.

In my opinion, men without women is a formula that ends with producing a world that has no meaning . But women without men is all meaning . What good is meaning if it doesn't fuel production :huh: Men (in my view) perform the implimenting of a lot of things actually originally conceived of by women; ideas , values, the whole shabang. That quality that you were discussing is what lets them conceive of them.

Then they talk to men.

And in the love relationship between the two (when the two manage to love and not conflict) if he's able to "see what she's showing him" he decides "she's right".

Endeavoring to impliment or bring those things into fruition often is going to require that very list of characteristics that was given - the bravado, the arrogance , even the agression because conception to fruition isn't always "smooth sailing".

But yes, the reason is he balances her. Kind of like how some mothers give children the nurturing , encouragement, and initial "you can do it" speech but then its dad who gives you the "shove", cuts the cord, or lets go first.

And yup , it can be flipped around so that mom is the one who lets go. But still, in that twosome, the other party performs the opposite tasks. So theres still balance.

In any case, just thought I'd drop this in :) Not only as "a guys contribution" but a token to reassure you that no offence was taken. At least by this guy.

Guest ~Brenda~

Interconnectedness is the realization that we all participate in this wonderful experience of life :)

We are all interwoven with each other, with the earth, with the universe.

Seeing that is true Love

:)

Wonderful

Brenda

Guest Elizabeth K

Evan - such a good reply. As play acting male for 61 years, I thought of a lot of that, but somehow could not achieve it. I know why now, I wasn't really as dual as I thought, and I would usually not succeed well with the 'push' part of life.

That said, I would add I needed your take on this - I really feel you have a handle on the male dynamics - and I will refrain from that male bashing thing I do unconsciously.

I see my father in you. I admired and loved him, but I could never quite be what he was, no matter how hard I tried. I never knew why - I just felt my mother's view of the world and her plans of action were so much more to my ways of thinking - ironic, now that I can now see why,

And the irony of all ironies is it takes you to tell me what it is to be a man. I guess we both are TRUE transpeople- in the classic sense - you definately a male, and me a female in mindset. This wasn't a contrived situation - this discussion, here and now. It just happened. I am just in awe over your response! I am in awe over my reaction to it!

Are you still single?

GRIN

Elizabeth

Guest Girl Emily

Lizzy,

Empathy is something that females experience deeper then males in most cases. One of our roles in relationships is to explain that empathy to our male partners.

I recently sat down at a table that had an open newspaper on it. I started reading the stories of: assult, rape, muder, sex slaves, child abuse, and stalking. Most of the victims were female, but it doesn't matter, I felt their pain and that of their families. It was so disturbing that I had to leave and when I was home I cried over their suffering and human inhumanity.

I definitely feel interconnected with everything now that I have accepted my true gender. It is so much nicer though painful than the numbness I had been living with for 20 years while trying to be male.

huggs,

I was very different myself, I have always been empathetic.

I just never let anyone else know because I felt that I wasn't supposed to feel that way - so here is my theory that could make the world a better place - men are as empathetic as women but they just hide it from everyone.

Just like men have emotions they never show - men cry (just all by themselves and they never admit it)

Love ya,

Sally

No - never cried when I was male play acting. Not at all - not in public - not in private. I just broke things in anger and frustration!

Empathy maybe - but no tears - not even when people I loved died!

So I am not sure men cry at all.

Lizzy

Guest Girl Emily

I was very different myself, I have always been empathetic.

I just never let anyone else know because I felt that I wasn't supposed to feel that way - so here is my theory that could make the world a better place - men are as empathetic as women but they just hide it from everyone

But Sally, you were never a man :-) I can't say for sure but I think men learn empathy from their girlfriends/wives. I know that while I was play acting as a man many of my arguments with my wife evolved out of Brandon's lack of empathy for his wife and Brandon's behavior. He learned but it was a long battle.

Huggs,

Guest Evan_J
I see my father in you. I admired and loved him.....

Wow. I .....hands down , that comment....I am more honored to have had that compliment.......

*kiss on your cheek

Thank you.

:blush: and as far as the "single" thing goes, yes I am.