• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Cheap Ways To Make A Packer/harness.

Guest Nicodeme

Guest Nicodeme

One of the more common ways to make a packer that's cheap and realistic is with condoms and hairgel or gak paste. But some of us are minors and...can't exactly get access to condoms to make packers out of, and some of us may not be willing to use hairgel to make it, or do all the mixing required to make gak.

So I just wanted to share a similar method with more easily available (and probably cheaper) materials. This looks real, feels real, and has supplies that are easily available to those who aren't old enough to buy condoms but want to have a packer. And this is sligihtly more versatile because some guys here may have latex allergies, and rubber gloves come in more materials than just latex. (I don't think the same is true for condoms.)

You will need:

5 rubber gloves. (Color and material choice is yours. I opted for the standard off-white, latex-free kind.)

Cotton stuffing, gel, or gak. (For filler.)

Hand or body lotion. (Especially if you're using cotton stuffing for the filler.)

Scissors.

Tissues/napkins/some other way to clean up. (Because this is messy.)

Pantyhose. (Preferably very sheer.) Color choice is yours.

Sewing needle and thread. (Optional, but I recommend it.)

What to do:

Lay 2 gloves out on your work surface.

With the scissors, cut from the join of the first finger and thumb of the glove, down through the palm to the wrist.

These thumbs you cut from the gloves will serve as the "testicles" of your packer.

Stretch the thumbs a little, widthwise. (What I did was slip two fingers into the thumb and pull them away from each other gently.) This keeps them from breaking or from becoming too elongated during the next step. (But if they aren't very round, that's okay. The last step will hide that.)

Using cotton stuffing (or a similar filler) fill each of the thumbs of the gloves. Don't fill them all the way, but enough to give them a round shape.

When filling these, if realism is a high priority for you, put a little more stuffing into one of them and pack it just a little bit tighter. This should be the left testicle for your packer. (Because the left testicle tends to be larger and firmer.)

You may add a little bit of lotion in with the stuffing to help it keep its shape. (In fact, I recommend it.)

Using the scissors, cut down the middle of the side of the thumb that would be on the outside of your hand. Cut to about 1/2" above the stuffing.

Tie the loose "ribbons" hanging off. Be sure to do it tightly so that the stuffing won't shift. (And if you mixed lotion with the stuffing, or you used gel/paste for the filler, so it doesn't leak out.)

Once you've tied the knots, you can cut the excess "ribbon" away.

Now that you have a pair, you can move on to making the penis part of your packer:

Cut the middle fingers (or index fingers if you want a smaller item to start with; bigger isn't always better, and a smaller base allows for more versatility in shape and texture.) out of the gloves you took the thumbs from. Cut from the joins between the fingers and straight down so you have those "ribbons" with which to tie it shut.

Stretch the glove fingers a little bit, just like you did with the thumbs. You should stretch one slightly more than the other. Be careful not to break them. (The glove fingers are a little less flexible than the thumbs.)

Take the less stretched glove finger and add your chosen filler. If you're using cotton stuffing, you don't have to put in quite as much or pack it quite as tightly as you did when making the testicles. (But you should definitely use lotion with it so that if pressure is put on it, it's still slightly firm and can return to its former shape.)

Tie the stuffed glove finger shut. (Be especially sure to tie it tightly if you're using cotton and lotion, because this part leaks the most. I recommend a triple, quadruple, or even septuple knot. It doesn't hurt to be careful.) Cut off the excess "ribbon."

Add a glob of lotion, gel or gak to the looser finger. By "glob" I mean about 1/4 of a tablespoon of gel, or 1/2 of a pump (if you're using lotion and it comes in a bottle with a pump) or a light squeeze from a normal bottle of lotion. It should be just barely more than enough to coat the tip of your index finger up to the first knuckle and be completely opaque, if that makes sense.

Slip the stuffed gloved finger, fingertip first, into the one you just put a glob of lotion/gel into. Gently squeeze the air out of the outer layer by putting a little pressure on the tip. It's not bad to have a little air in the outer layer, but getting rid of it helps you get the stuffed part in easier.

Tie the outer layer shut (again, tightly and securely) and cut the excess 'ribbon' away.

Take the penis part of your packer so far and squish it around a little. This is to get the filling more evenly distributed inside.

With the basic shape done, you can improve the shape and texture with layering:

Stretch the thumbs a little. Ideally you should stretch them a little more than you did for the basic shape of the testicles.

Add a glob of lotion/gel to each thumb. You can, and probably should, use a little bit more than you did for the penis.

Put the stuffed "testicles" in their respective outer layers. Cut down the sides of the outer layers and tie them shut just like you did the first time. Cut away the excess 'ribbon.'

Just like you did with the penis, squish the lotion/gel around to get it more evenly distributed. If it feels like the testicle is slipping around inside the outer layer, you did it right.

Set the finished testicles aside and return to the penis.

Get the last rubber glove and cut the thumb out like for the testicles.

Add a small amount of lotion/gel and slip the penis inside. (Tip first, obviously.)

Cut down the side to form the 'ribbons,' tie them tightly, and cut away the excess.

You can add extra layers like this to add to the size if it's not to your liking. But remember, the pantyhose will bump up the size a bit.

Now onto the last layer. At this point the instructions are exactly the same as for any other homemade softpack. But rather than make you hunt for said instructions I'll explain it here:

Take your pantyhose and drop the testicles into the toe, smooth side down. Remember, the larger, firmer one should be on the left.

Leave a little bit of space for them to hang and tie a knot. (If you're not sure where to tie the knot, hold the hose up to the middle of the front of your crotch, about 1/2" above where your bits show; the actual testicles should hang just below where your crotch stops and your legs begin, lightly brushing your thighs.) Where you make the knot is right about where I would recommend hanging it from in a harness. (More on that later.)

Now slip the penis in, knot first.

Where the hose meets the tip of the penis, twist it a few times, (at least one full twist) and bring it back down over the packer. Leave a little room for the packer to move around and for a seam allowance, and cut off the rest of the stocking.

If you don't want to sew the packer shut, you can just tie it shut and cut off the excess. But I opted to sew it shut because it would be more comfortable that way. I didn't want a knot rubbing against my bits and legs. >_<

If you're sewing it shut:

(For those who don't usually sew things, here's a list of basic stitches and how they're done. http://home.clara.net/hutchal/curtains/sewguide.htm)

Start your seam with a few back stitches. Use a running stitch, and not a knot, because a knot might tear through the stocking.

Do the main seam with a running stitch, tacking stitch, or overstitch. The objective of this seam is mostly to close the packer.

For more security, you can sew over the seam again with a backstitch.

I'll whip together instructions on a cheap and easy harness and get a few pictures of the process for clarification, but right now I'm a bit pressed for time. Hope it's helpful to you guys. :]

Guest Bunny

Nicely described. Far better written then most of the home made soft pack instructions I've seen around the interwebs.

A harness is pretty easy pending on the style you want, I've made myself one and really do suggest the cheap and easy solution of elastic, old fabric (torn up shirt say) and velcro. It requires a little bit of sewing but if you can take the elastic from an old pair of boxers, pj pants, ect, then just an oval of fabric with a hole left to be able to remove the pack, some velcro on the elastic and packer hold so you can yank it off and wash it (elastic doesn't always hold up well in the wash) and done! Its pretty easy plus, it kinda just does as it should and moves pretty naturally.

Guest JKarician

Thanks for sharing Nico and Bunny. You're right, there are many who can't get access to certain materials so these types of tips and ways to innocuously have packers, harnesses and binders are invaluable. Wish I had this info when I was a minor :)

Guest My_Genesis

I only skimmed your post b/c I'm not a minor, and plan on buying a STP packer soon anyways, but I wanted to add to the cheap harness discussion that probably one of the cheapest easiest harnesses is the one they show in that video on ftm solutions, where you have a bigger loop of elastic and a smaller loop (sewn together, goes through the back of your legs deal) and it holds the packer in place. . They can take your measurements and send you one for $12 but you can make one for yourself just as well. :)

I'm planning to buy from them b/c I'm lazy and its only 12 bucks. haha.

Now that you have a pair

LOL, I'm sorry, this struck me as funny. :D

Guest sixeaside

This is really great, and the directions are easy to understand.

I'm still a minor and have always wanted to make a packer, but never had the chance to get any condoms to make one

so this will be so extremely helpful!

I think imma make one later on tomorrow lol so i can get some gloves from school haha (:

Guest Nicodeme
I only skimmed your post b/c I'm not a minor, and plan on buying a STP packer soon anyways, but I wanted to add to the cheap harness discussion that probably one of the cheapest easiest harnesses is the one they show in that video on ftm solutions, where you have a bigger loop of elastic and a smaller loop (sewn together, goes through the back of your legs deal) and it holds the packer in place. . They can take your measurements and send you one for $12 but you can make one for yourself just as well. :)

I'm planning to buy from them b/c I'm lazy and its only 12 bucks. haha.

I used a similar design, but I had a large keychain-type ring lying around and so I was able to use that...and shoelaces. I don't have elastic around at the moment.

LOL, I'm sorry, this struck me as funny. :D

I did it on purpose. :P

Guest My_Genesis
I used a similar design, but I had a large keychain-type ring lying around and so I was able to use that...and shoelaces. I don't have elastic around at the moment.

ah. So does that work too, even without the elasticity?

I did it on purpose. :P

Haha, good one.

Guest Nicodeme
ah. So does that work too, even without the elasticity?

It does, 'cause the whole thing's a little less likely to move around. And I don't feel like something is secure unless it's fairly tight. So a more elastic harness probably wouldn't work for me. Especially if it's not made of something as stretchy as Lastin-brand stuff.

Either way, I prefer to wear my packer in my briefs...the Hello Kitty pair has a convenient pocket. XD

Guest My_Genesis
It does, 'cause the whole thing's a little less likely to move around. And I don't feel like something is secure unless it's fairly tight. So a more elastic harness probably wouldn't work for me. Especially if it's not made of something as stretchy as Lastin-brand stuff.

Either way, I prefer to wear my packer in my briefs...the Hello Kitty pair has a convenient pocket. XD

So is a harness even necessary? Or are boxer briefs alone sufficient? (I prefer boxer briefs over regular ones)

Guest Aaron22

Actually, condoms are really easy to get hold of. One of my teachers used to have a box full of them in his classroom, free for the taking. (Until this ****** I know stole them all for no reason) But you can also get them free from planned parenthood.

Guest My_Genesis
Actually, condoms are really easy to get hold of. One of my teachers used to have a box full of them in his classroom, free for the taking. (Until this ****** I know stole them all for no reason) But you can also get them free from planned parenthood.

a lot of doctor's offices have them as well.

Guest Bunny
So is a harness even necessary? Or are boxer briefs alone sufficient? (I prefer boxer briefs over regular ones)

Sufficent. Granted if you don't feel secure with that you can make youself a small pouch, just tie a string around your bits and safety pin your picker to your briefs. There are a million cheap and easy soultions and there are plenty of takes on them like the ones Nico has been nice enough to tutorial here. It just dpends on what you wear, and even some harness that can "pass" in a locker room for changing.

Which I believe is the one Nico said he was doing a take on with his own harness but I could be wrong there.

I just suggest if you make anything out of cloth you make sur eyou can get your packer out of it because you may end up really wanting to wash it lol.

Also! If you fill a packer with gel/gak do not pass out in it!

Sounds common sense right? Yeah well, wasn't thinking, passed out the other night... Burst mine. Just testicals actually but. Its not something you wanna wake up to. lol

Guest My_Genesis
Sufficent. Granted if you don't feel secure with that you can make youself a small pouch, just tie a string around your bits and safety pin your picker to your briefs. There are a million cheap and easy soultions and there are plenty of takes on them like the ones Nico has been nice enough to tutorial here. It just dpends on what you wear, and even some harness that can "pass" in a locker room for changing.

Which I believe is the one Nico said he was doing a take on with his own harness but I could be wrong there.

I just suggest if you make anything out of cloth you make sur eyou can get your packer out of it because you may end up really wanting to wash it lol.

Also! If you fill a packer with gel/gak do not pass out in it!

Sounds common sense right? Yeah well, wasn't thinking, passed out the other night... Burst mine. Just testicals actually but. Its not something you wanna wake up to. lol

Thanks! lol I'll keep in mind not to pass out.

Guest Nicodeme

The one made out of clear elastic? Yeah, that's roughly where I got the idea for the one I built, but mine is kind of a cross between that and the harnesses Mango makes. Just that...mine's made out of old shoelaces. XD

But for the clear harness that I think Bunny's referring to, here's the guide on how to make it:

http://www.ftmguide.org/images/simpleharness.pdf

Guest Bunny
The one made out of clear elastic? Yeah, that's roughly where I got the idea for the one I built, but mine is kind of a cross between that and the harnesses Mango makes. Just that...mine's made out of old shoelaces. XD

But for the clear harness that I think Bunny's referring to, here's the guide on how to make it:

http://www.ftmguide.org/images/simpleharness.pdf

Yep thats the one, I've never tried one of that style at all but I've also never been in a locker room situation. Otherwise, I like my super simple waistband one for myself.

Guest My_Genesis
Yep thats the one, I've never tried one of that style at all but I've also never been in a locker room situation. Otherwise, I like my super simple waistband one for myself.

Wait, are you referring to the string thing you just mentioned? Or is the waist band something else?

What kinds pass in a locker room?

Sorry, questions :P

Guest Bunny
Wait, are you referring to the string thing you just mentioned? Or is the waist band something else?

What kinds pass in a locker room?

Sorry, questions :P

Lol more then happy to explain.

The only one I've ever even heard of being used in a locker room and passing for changing is the one Nico linked to.

As for the "waist band one" its honestly just something you can make out of an elastic waist band of an old pair of PJ pants or similar (heck thinner) width elastic. Just sew some velcro on to that, make a pouch for packer that can attach via elastic, easy! It's pretty much good for boxer wear because things just kinda, hang and shift as they usually would. Which works well for me. It'd also work if you thought it was gonna fall out anyways or while swimming if you pack then, or so I assume. Aside from having a wet harness >.> I'd keep one for just swimming in that case. And maybe use a safety pin over velcro cause. Who wants to explain that popping out and. lol wow yeah just bad news there!

• 1 year later...
Guest Jesse0319

Hey thanks for the tutorial. I've got a box of gloves laying around from last year's anatomy class, been wondering what to do with them...

...Plus, my ferret got to my packer and although it wasn't even torn, I no longer felt comfortable wearing it and decided to throw it away ._. lol

-Jesse