• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Burned The Beans

Guest Michele H

Guest Michele H

It's a lazy Sunday - 10:30 and I'm still in bed. I put a pot of beans on the stove to cook and then went back to bed until I smelled something burning! I can't remember the last time I burned something. Hopefully I can save the pot! I have a ton of things I SHOULD be doing (if anyone sees a lost ambition, please send the the poor thing back to me please). Mostly I have just been reading and posting. I did put a new post out on my blog (you can get to it from my profile page). Maybe it was the long buble bath last night and the lingering smell of the herbs and incense that has me feeling so lazy.

Anyone have a pot of coffee or good tea ready? I'm to lazy to make my own. I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.

Michelle

Guest Donna Jean

Gee, Honey.....

I know how you feel....

I'm still in my robe and it's 11:55am....

What a slacker I am!

I get up through the week at 5:20am to get ready for work and I just slacked off today!

Oh, and THAT'S what I smelled burning! Well, let the pot soak all day and maybe you can save it.

What were you going to make with the beans?

I grew up in Georgia and we ate beans almost every day...I can't stand the sight or smell of beans anymore..Pinto beans, butter beans, navy beans, kidney beans...YUCK!!!!

NOW what are you going to cook?

LOL

Donna Jean

• Admin

Thanks for the Sunday wishes, Michele. I'm hoping for a nice day, and if the rain holds off, cooking some burgers on the BBQ. I hope the rest of your day

goes better than it started.

I do have to ask you, hon, what in the world are you doing cooking beans at that hour? :blink:

Beans for breakfast? Ewwwww.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest Michele H

Well Carolyn Marie, since I normally get about around 4:30 - putting on beans at 9 am doesn't see that early. Actually in this case I was cooking some lentils ( not exactly a bean ) to be used later. Sorry Donna Jean but I still like my beans - How about for you I cook a nice piece of salmon with lemon and capers with a nice salad? Any rate, I did make another batch of lentils (without burning this time) and then combined them with lima beans, ham, onions, tomatoes and carrots in chicken stock and baked for 2 hours - just finished eating a couple of bowls. Weekends, when Jen is gone, is my time to cook those dishes she doesn't care for - and beans are at the top of her list!

I did go get the Sunday paper (still in PJ's) and got the notion of planting Musculn and peas in my tiny (4 X 10 ft) vegitable garden so I got one thing done - I also uncovered the lotus pond. Two things sounds like enough for the day - and I didn't even need to get out of my P.J's. I have about 1/4 acre of flower gardens that were completly neglected this last year and I think they will be neglected this year too.

Guest Angelgrlsue
Well Carolyn Marie, since I normally get about around 4:30 - putting on beans at 9 am doesn't see that early. Actually in this case I was cooking some lentils ( not exactly a bean ) to be used later. Sorry Donna Jean but I still like my beans - How about for you I cook a nice piece of salmon with lemon and capers with a nice salad? Any rate, I did make another batch of lentils (without burning this time) and then combined them with lima beans, ham, onions, tomatoes and carrots in chicken stock and baked for 2 hours - just finished eating a couple of bowls. Weekends, when Jen is gone, is my time to cook those dishes she doesn't care for - and beans are at the top of her list!

I did go get the Sunday paper (still in PJ's) and got the notion of planting Musculn and peas in my tiny (4 X 10 ft) vegitable garden so I got one thing done - I also uncovered the lotus pond. Two things sounds like enough for the day - and I didn't even need to get out of my P.J's. I have about 1/4 acre of flower gardens that were completly neglected this last year and I think they will be neglected this year too.

Mmmmm, your beans or I should say lentils sound so yummy! I love baked beans with onion, peppers, bacon and a little brown sugar thrown in there along with different spices and we cannot forget the cornbread. Lol. Delicious