• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I Want Some Fat

Guest JustShelly

Guest JustShelly

Hi all

Ok I have heard all the stories about how girls put on weight when starting hrt, well I have the other problem. I was fairly thin when I started hrt and I have remained that way. I actually have lost some. I do not want to gain weight I am somewhat obsessed with my weight, although if it was in the right places that would be great.

Years ago I was a little overweight, I weighed about 160 (I am 5'8") I cut out all soda, started doing push ups and cut out alot of fatty foods. I got down to 145, looked and felt great (for a man). Then about 4 years ago I went through alot of depression because of my divorce and GID. I dropped down to 130. I am now at about 120, the problem (well not a bad problem) is I still eat the same way and exercise somewhat so I have a hard time putting on some weight. I have gotten up to about 126 when I went on progesterone but I was getting uptight because the weight seemed to go to my stomach and not my hips, chest or butt.

What I am wondering is, is there anybody else that seems to have this problem. I do seem to have some sort of body dysphoric syndrome condition since starting hrt. I don't seem to like my body at all.

Thanks Shelly

• Admin

Shelley, since the hormones will put any weight gained in the right places, and at 126 and 5'8" your thin even

for a woman, I suggest some of the OTC products for weight gain, such as shakes and other stuff that is

designed to be nutricious as well as put on some calories.

One thing you don't want to do is start eating a lot of junk. It will put the weight on, but you don't need

empty calories. Women need lots of vitamins and calcium.

Carolyn Marie