• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Ipl/laser Which Machine?

Guest Louise Rose

Guest Louise Rose

Im looking to start laser treatment in a couple of weeks, I’ve checked prices near me and they range from £100 to £180. I’d like to know which machines give the best results and are there machines I should stay away from?

One I’ve seen mentioned time and time again is the Lightsheer machine, there’s one place near me which uses this but is at the upper end of the price range. While the upper price is not really a problem, money saved here can used on electrolysis which will also be needed.

Hugs Louise

• Admin

Louise, I get my treatments at American Laser Centers.

I don't know the type of machine they use, other than the fact that they combine a laser light pulse with a Radio Frequency (RF) pulse for, they

claim, more effective and permanent hair removal.

You can can check out their web site here: http://www.americanlaser.com/services.aspx

I can only vouch for this company, and I can tell you that after just half of the six sessions, I'm getting excellent results. I don't know if they have a sister

company in the U.K.

Good luck!

Carolyn Marie

Guest Louise Rose

Thanks Carolyn

Had a search on the tinterweb and found only few places offering the combined IPL and RF treatment, nothing near me as of yet but I'll keep my eyes open. Interesting read on the technology though stating they can also treat blonde and grey hair using this method, one to look out for as it becomes more mainstream :)

I'm going to go for the cheaper treatment that way I can get my underarms done as well, then review the progress in a few months to see if its working on the face

Hugs Louise

Guest miss kindheart

Many vendors will refer to ipl as laser now a day , but it isn't.

IPL is a broader spectrum of light , and is more effective.

A typical IPL session will require that you are clean shaven before you start , where as the older laser requires some stubble to be effective.

The newest , latest and greatest is what is called Elight, It is IPL combined with RF (Radio Frequency).

if you have and Grey or really light colored hair , you'll probably have to see an Electrologist after you are done with all of your laser or ipl treatments.

:wub: vanna

Guest Michelle Hayden

Ive heard by more than one person that American Laser Ctr is very bad and what they do is use to low of a setting and after your done you willl end up with alot of fine hair that it wont get and you willl have to spend alot of time at an electrologist getting the rest off. They also have alot of legal issues. I go to PHR (Permanent Hair Removal Center). They use a Lightsheer diode laser. I have/had dark hair and ive been going alittle over a yr, but i am of european deccent so i had alot of hair. It all depends too on the density of hair and color. You def can tan while going as it will make it hard for the laser to pick up the darker hairs. http://www.aesthetic.lumenis.com/wt/page/lightsheer

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 126 Guests (See full list)

• MaryEllen
    • Confused90
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Tuesday_Elliot
    Newest Member
    Tuesday_Elliot

1. Dimitri K
      Dimitri K
      (29 years old)
    2. Lyndoryee
      Lyndoryee
      (29 years old)
    3. MilesTheMan
      MilesTheMan
      (15 years old)
    4. MsMarlo
      MsMarlo
      (61 years old)
    5. NoStormClouds
      NoStormClouds
      (32 years old)
    • Confused90
      See at this point idk what’s real feelings and what’s my ocd getting to me. I can say I found out I have feelings for my coworker who is a guy(amab and straight). When I think of him and wanting to be happy… it brings me to tears 
    • KathyLauren
      Sorry to hear that.  Take some allergy meds.   I had the same experience when my brothers and I were cleaning out our father's house.  He hadn't cleaned since his wife died 9 years earlier.  This was long before covid so I didn't have a mask handy.  Fortunately, his neighbour was a nurse and gave me a mask to wear.  Definitely mask up if you have to go back there.
    • April Marie
      Well, just when I thought I'd turned a corner....the bus hits me.   I've been working with an aging aunt and uncle for almost two years. My uncle was in memory care nursing and passed away last October. My aunt was in and out of the hospital, rehab and her apartment for most of that time. I finally convinced her that she needed to be in skilled nursing and moved her to a facility close to us.   Since then I've been working to get her apartment cleared, cleaned and transition her to Medicaid.    I've spent the last two days at her apartment - a 1.5 hour drive each way - having it cleared and then cleaning it. SHe just wasn't able to clean for herself and the apartment was filled with dust and grime. Last night, after breathing it all in all dal I think I set off an allergy and I have been sick as a dog. Sore throat, congestion, tired, I've slept almost all day and, as my wife has told me several times, I look like hell.   This is really the first I've sat with my Surface all day...and I'm in bed.   Tuesday, I drive back down to have the final inspection and turn in the keys.   Our puppy is now 14 weeks and almost 30 pounds. She had a vet visit on Thursday for her distemper booster and the vet said she is "perfect." She's totally house trained and on her way out of the Velociraptor phase. What a doll she is.   Have a wonderful rest of the weekend!!!
    • April Marie
      This is such wonderful news for you both from being able to start on testosterone and for your parents hearing and supporting you. Good luck and keep in touch!! We're here if you need us.
    • April Marie
      That is an awesome shirt @Ivy
    • Mmindy
      That’s fantastic news and just as @Vidanjalipoints out there are two great realizations in your post. Acceptance by your parents and starting HRT soon.    Congratulates and enjoy the ride.   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • Mmindy
      Looks great @Ivy
    • Ivy
      My daughter sent me this t-shirt.  So I wore it to our local Pride Picnic.
    • Carolyn Marie
      Wonderful news, hon.  I'm very happy for you.  You will make great progress very soon.   HUGS   Carolyn Marie
    • Willow
      Glad you are going to a Pride picnic.  I never know in advance what I am going to get to do.  And by the time I do know it’s too late to sign up.  Working is the pits but I am making progress towards being able to quit once and for all, again.  I just don’t know what I’ll be able to do after I’m no longer working because I had to give up all the things I liked to do.   the only way I get a particular day off is to schedule way in advance such as my doctors appointments and church things.  Which reminds me I have some future events I need to put on my need off schedule for October and January.     het @Mmindy just a little play humor there.  Our dog is getting older but as a puppy she was all but housebroken when we picked her up. Just needed to learn a new environment and we had to learn her puppy signals.  We put in an underground fence and she learned to recognize the warning without getting zapped.  When we took her to obedience school she was a quick learner for all but the reason we took her, don’t jump up on people. Learned to Use a bell.  Learned to open lever doors to go out and in.  Still doesn’t like going out in the rain.  Taught us how to interact with her sign language.  And has been a very smart dog.  Her sister is still kept in a cage when no one is home.  Sweetie doesn’t even have one.   best dog ever but will be our last dog when her life ends.  Best to end being dog parents with your best dog.  And yes she is a family member, not a pet.   Willow
    • Betty K
      That’s fantastic news! I know this can be such a hard situation, but it sounds as though you dealt with it brilliantly. Congratulations, and much respect to your parents for listening.
    • Vidanjali
      @hormonedifficientin2ways congratulations! Perhaps it's hard to say which is most affirming, getting to start T or having had your parents finally validate you. Two different realms of euphoria. Best wishes. 
    • Mmindy
      That’s fantastic! 🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️🏳️‍🌈🌈   🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • Ivy
      We're having our 2nd annual Pride Picnic today!
    • Mmindy
      @Willow since my wife and I drink different coffee blends, and the puppy gets me up way earlier than I had become accustomed to in retirement. He and I are up and sharing the morning alone, because the wife still sleeps in.    Parker had the last of his puppy vaccinations and wellness check up yesterday weighing in at 24.2 pounds at 13 weeks old. He’s responding well to training and is mostly potty trained. We’re using the sleigh bell method for marking the door to get outside, and waiting for him to bark at the door before letting him in. He understands not to rush the door or gate when we’re moving through them.    Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.