• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Ipl/laser Which Machine?

Guest Louise Rose

Guest Louise Rose

Im looking to start laser treatment in a couple of weeks, I’ve checked prices near me and they range from £100 to £180. I’d like to know which machines give the best results and are there machines I should stay away from?

One I’ve seen mentioned time and time again is the Lightsheer machine, there’s one place near me which uses this but is at the upper end of the price range. While the upper price is not really a problem, money saved here can used on electrolysis which will also be needed.

Hugs Louise

• Admin

Louise, I get my treatments at American Laser Centers.

I don't know the type of machine they use, other than the fact that they combine a laser light pulse with a Radio Frequency (RF) pulse for, they

claim, more effective and permanent hair removal.

You can can check out their web site here: http://www.americanlaser.com/services.aspx

I can only vouch for this company, and I can tell you that after just half of the six sessions, I'm getting excellent results. I don't know if they have a sister

company in the U.K.

Good luck!

Carolyn Marie

Guest Louise Rose

Thanks Carolyn

Had a search on the tinterweb and found only few places offering the combined IPL and RF treatment, nothing near me as of yet but I'll keep my eyes open. Interesting read on the technology though stating they can also treat blonde and grey hair using this method, one to look out for as it becomes more mainstream :)

I'm going to go for the cheaper treatment that way I can get my underarms done as well, then review the progress in a few months to see if its working on the face

Hugs Louise

Guest miss kindheart

Many vendors will refer to ipl as laser now a day , but it isn't.

IPL is a broader spectrum of light , and is more effective.

A typical IPL session will require that you are clean shaven before you start , where as the older laser requires some stubble to be effective.

The newest , latest and greatest is what is called Elight, It is IPL combined with RF (Radio Frequency).

if you have and Grey or really light colored hair , you'll probably have to see an Electrologist after you are done with all of your laser or ipl treatments.

:wub: vanna

Guest Michelle Hayden

Ive heard by more than one person that American Laser Ctr is very bad and what they do is use to low of a setting and after your done you willl end up with alot of fine hair that it wont get and you willl have to spend alot of time at an electrologist getting the rest off. They also have alot of legal issues. I go to PHR (Permanent Hair Removal Center). They use a Lightsheer diode laser. I have/had dark hair and ive been going alittle over a yr, but i am of european deccent so i had alot of hair. It all depends too on the density of hair and color. You def can tan while going as it will make it hard for the laser to pick up the darker hairs. http://www.aesthetic.lumenis.com/wt/page/lightsheer

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 111 Guests (See full list)

• Ladypcnj
    • SamC
    • RaineOnYourParade
    • Ashley0616
    • KymmieL
    • Mmindy
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Geordie_Dad
    Newest Member
    Geordie_Dad

1. Ay-la
      Ay-la
      (51 years old)
    2. Camille
      Camille
      (48 years old)
    3. Dressupdoll
      Dressupdoll
      (57 years old)
    4. iliya
      iliya
      (37 years old)
    5. KaylaH
      KaylaH
      (48 years old)
    • Ashley0616
      Disgust-  :marked aversion aroused by something highly distasteful : REPUGNANCE : to provoke to loathing, repugnance, or aversion : be offensive to : to cause (one) to lose an interest or intention
    • Ashley0616
    • Ashley0616
    • Willow
      Good morning   weii I’ve read some good news here this morning    Yes the ancient Roman symbol was used on some coins. The Mercury dime come to mind. It was showing our fighting might.  Arrows and a fighting axe.  I realize few people recall the Mercury dime.  My 6th grade swore there was no such thing so I brought him one.  He had promised a dollar if I could prove it which I did. Then he tried to Welch on the bet. The entire class got on him and he had to give me the dollar.  Ah, the little things we still remember from over 60 years ago.  Like today as a i was cutting a banana for my cereal I recalled my grandfather doing the same for me about 70+ years ago.   well instead of a 9 hour day I have an 8 hour day scheduled then there is that stay a little longer to do X.
    • Ashley0616
    • Maddee
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
      Do you recognise when you need to elevate your state of mind? And what works for you?
    • Heather Shay
      Seeing one of best friends Sunday.
    • Heather Shay
      AI overviews are experimental. Learn more…Opens in new tab       Emotional happiness is a state of positive emotion that can range from contentment to intense joy. It's often characterized by feelings of satisfaction, joy, fulfillment, and gladness. Happiness can also be defined as a positive evaluation of one's life and accomplishments, or a state of emotional well-being. It's often distinguished from other positive emotions, such as interest, excitement, and affection, and negative emotions, such as fear, anger, and sadness. Happiness is often associated with smiling.    Verywell Mind   What Is Happiness and How Can You Become Happier? - Verywell Mind Nov 7, 2022 — Typically, happiness is an emotional state characterized by feelings of joy, satisfaction, contentment, and fulfillment. While happiness has many different definitions, it is often described as involving positive emotions and life satisfaction. Britannica   Happiness | Definition, Nature, Psychology, & Facts | Britannica Mar 13, 2024 — happiness, in psychology, a state of emotional well-being that a person experiences either in a narrow sense, when good things happen in a specific moment, or more broadly, as a positive evaluation of one's life and accomplishments overall—that is, subjective well-being. Happiness can be distinguished both from negative emotions (such as sadness, fear, and anger) and also from other positive emotions (such as affection, excitement, and interest). This emotion often co-occurs with a specific facial expression: the smile. Related Topics: emotion eudaimonia smiling eudaemonism pleasure. See all related content → Everyday Health   Happiness: Definition, Health Benefits, and How to Be Happier Jan 24, 2023 — What Is Happiness? The American Psychological Association (APA) defines happiness as “an emotion of joy, gladness, satisfaction, and well-being.” Many of us would agree with the APA's definition, yet the more you look at it, the more it can seem incomplete. For example, you may feel all of those emotions at one moment, but an hour later you may feel none of them. So are you a happy person or not? en.wikipedia.org   Happiness - Wikipedia Happiness is a positive and pleasant emotion, ranging from contentment to intense joy. Moments of happiness may be triggered by positive life experiences or thoughts, but sometimes it may arise from no obvious cause. The level of happiness for longer periods of time is more strongly correlated with levels of life ...          
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • Davie
      Here they are on "60 Minutes" TV Show in Australia.  Should be PG.    
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.