• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Guess

Guest Emily H

Guest Emily H

Im a girl. Im supposed to have a girl body and a girl life.

But I don't and I never will.

I won't transition. I won't even dress full time.

I love Ashley, my friends, my family, all too much to even try. They, all love the figurehead Steven too much.

Im certain its all Emily. I ma beyond excited to go to my therapist's every two weeks, it doesn't come fast enough. I never, ever want it to end. I nearly cried when i had to go last session.

but its not going to happen. We all, choose our own goals in life. Mine, never included transitioning. It would destroy all other bridges.

I can't. I don't have the strength to navigate that sea. Even if I did, I think to much about how I will affect other people and how they will miss me.

I take no happiness in being male and having a penis yet I get the strongest desire and largest feeling of emotional and physical ecstasy when dreaming of a vagina. I want to obliterate the memory of boxers and have nothing but panties. I want to feel comfort when taking off my bra instead of putting it on. I want a taller woman, or a woman, maybe a bit heavier, fatter than me, to hold onto me and treat me like a woman, hers, all hers, and decide when we make love and take complete control of me and make love with extreme passion and desire to me. I want to play with my hair and twirl in my skirt every day when i walk to work, i want to sit and cross my legs so close together...

But I don't think i wil lever have it. I don't have the strength to go to that goal.

Guest ~Brenda~

Emily hon :)

To be yourself does not necessarily mean formal transitioning. To be yourself means simply that... be happy with who you are :)

There are no reasons to make excuses to justify yourself to us or to yourself.

Your comfort level is what is so important :)

Make all your decisions deliberately and for the right reasons.

Who you are comes first. Others will follow (trust me on this ;) )

Love

Brenda

Guest ChloëC

Emily,

You shouldn't ever say never. Life has a funny way of sneaking up on us and putting us in positions where we wind up doing that 'never' thing.

I look at several of the women here like Angie, or Carolyn Marie, or Donna Jean to name just a few, and maybe they thought never at one time, but they are now doing and being what they have know they were for so long.

Yet, I look at myself just several days shy of 63 and I say, it probably won't be. And as Brenda said, I may not be totally happy with myself, but I've accepted it. It would have been great at 20 to be able to make the change but for a lot of us, it wasn't going to happen, at that time! For others, it's in their 20's or 30's. And maybe they thought in their teens it would never happen.

You still have so much of your life to live, and so many surprises, heartbreaks, and happier moments to go that you can just barely imagine.

I remember in my teens and that was such a difficult time, I'm always a little surprised we survive it, but we do.

I can't tell you what you should do, only you can make your choices, but I will offer a suggestion. Focus on the other parts of your life that you can control, the other parts aside from gender. Make them the best you can. And know that you'll always have your desires and dreams, I certainly still have mine. It may not happen for you in the next six months, but a year from now? That seems like a long way away, but it's amazing how fast it does come.

There may come a day when you wake up and say, this is the day. The day for me. And maybe waiting wasn't that bad, because I know I am so much more ready for that next great part of my life.

Hugs

Chloë

Guest Donna Jean

Emily.......

I've really cared about you since you've been here....you are special to me...

I want you to remember....Never close the doors on anything...never finalize in your mind what is going to happen...

You have a long way to go, Dearheart....a long way....

Realize all of the dreams that you can grab onto....

I waited until I was 58 to start this journey...never thought I'd be able to do it...and now here I am....

Leave everything open, Girlfiend....everything!

LOVE

Donna Jean

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Karen Marie Harris

Emily

From your picture, you look fairly young and are a VERY PRETTY GIRL.

Seems to me that you have a life time left to live and there are going to

be a million things happening so please don't get your mind set now on

what you are/are not going to do. I'm 67 years YOUNG and I still

haven't made up my mind. LOL There's still so many options. hahahaha

Hugs

Karen Marie

Guest jaymie

Emily,

I'm not going to say I know how you feel, because you never know exactly how a person feels, but I can sure empathize with you. I feel like I can't transition as much as I want/need to, I look in a mirror and see what I see, and know it isn't right...yet somehow I can't change it, not now and I fear not ever. Continue with therapy and enjoy the times when you can express yourself as the real you, not what your physical appearance says you are.

Hugs

Jaymie

Guest ricka

Emily--none of us have the strength or courage to transition and besides it is way too hard. But all of us find within ourselves the strength to take one step, even a small step. And we all have each other to encourage us along the way as we take those steps, one at a time. And over time, well looking back it was only ever about taking one step, and then another, and another.....

Hugs, Ricka

• Admin

Emily, when I came here a year ago I saw myself as a timid cross dresser, and nothing more.

Over time, I began to question that self image, and wonder if there was more to me, more within me, than that. Like you, I sought therapy.

Like you, I sought the wisdom and experience of those here who have become my role models and my inspiration.

Eventually, I found comfort in discovering who Carolyn was, and could be. I knew that is who I was meant to be, and was willing, am willing,

to do what it takes to be that person who only existed in my mind's eye for so long. Now I am seeing her every day in the mirror, and I like

who I see. For maybe the first time in my life, I like who I am.

Its hard, it really is. But for me its worth the pain, the guilt, the potential loss, everything.

With your therapist, you need to discover not only who you are, but whether you are willing to also do what is required to attain that person.

Only you will know if you are. Only you can weigh the costs and the benefits and decide.

I don't know what answer you will find, but I pray that it is the answer that will bring you happiness.

Carolyn Maire

Guest Elizabeth K
Emily.......

I've really cared about you since you've been here....you are special to me...

I want you to remember....Never close the doors on anything...never finalize in your mind what is going to happen...

You have a long way to go, Dearheart....a long way....

Realize all of the dreams that you can grab onto....

I waited until I was 58 to start this journey...never thought I'd be able to do it...and now here I am....

Leave everything open, Girlfiend....everything!

LOVE

Donna Jean

Dee Jay is 100% on this - and yes, you can work toward a comfort zone.

BUT

NEVER beat yourself up! You were born this way - we all were! NOT YOUR FAULT!

NEVER NEVER NEVER get caught in the guilt thing.

And you will always have plenty of time to see what makes you happy - that's the bottom line - to be happy.

Jus an ole opinionated lady here... worked 61 years on all this... it's never been easy.

lizzy

Guest Jean Davis

Dear Emily

If indeed you feel that this is not the time for you to start transitioning please do not start. There is many, many thoughts, emotions and decisions that we must come to terms with before we do something that is not reversable. If this is not the time, we do not in any way want to pressure you into doing something that you are not comfortable with.

But if you could please leave this door open just a little and leave a light on, just in case you find that the decisions that you make today are more difficult than the ones you face in the future so that you know that you have an option.

Please keep in touch with us as we are always here for you and know that you always have a family here with us regaurdless of your decisions.

LUV

Jean

Guest Emily H

Thank you everybody for your wonderful input. It is all very encouraging and reassuring. And for now, I am going to try my best to be myself when I can and see where that goes.

Thank you all. I won't close any doors now.

Emily.

Guest KellyKat

Hi Emily

You have been given some wonderful advice.

The only thing I would add is this.

I have spent a lifetime being as others perceived me.

Not as I truly felt. I made sure that I lived as others thought I should.

Didn't want to burn bridges myself. Now I'm finally at a time for me.

Bottom line - we can't change who we are on the inside.

Whether we keep it from others or not. The inner turmoil never truly leaves.

So remember to be yourself when you can and stay with therapy.

Even if you can find a degree of happiness treading water for others.

Never forget that you are in deep water - and someday you may have to swim to shore.

Luv Kat :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 58 Guests (See full list)

• Desert Fox
    • Cyndee
    • KymmieL
    • April Marie
    • Ivy
    • SamC
    • MaryEllen
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

BUGFIEND
    Newest Member
    BUGFIEND

1. Bobbijean
      Bobbijean
    2. Bryan
      Bryan
      (61 years old)
    3. jlw5ju
      jlw5ju
      (27 years old)
    4. ladykirabellum
      ladykirabellum
      (47 years old)
    5. Lizzie17
      Lizzie17
    • Ivy
      Don't know how this posted itself.  To continue…   There was a time when I tried to make excuses for them.  But I am coming to the realization that in their eyes, I, and those like me, are 2nd class citizens at best.
    • Ivy
      There is a rather large part of the GOP that is determined to strip the rights of trans citizens, despite us being a small minority, some with families, who work, pay taxes, and who do - and have served in our armed forces, are medics, nurses, etc.   They insist that the US is a "christian country" - referring to their particular brand of christianity.  And this is despite the constitution, that they claim near worship of, expressly prohibiting this very thing.    
    • Lydia_R
      Oregon has a law that allows you to change your name and gender once in your lifetime without involving the courts.  It took me about 2.5 months to complete and was relatively easy.  It came up yesterday about how I changed my gender on my ID to F instead of X.  I identify with M->F, not X.  I passed over the line into F, but I'm still near the middle in the spectrum.  And I intend to keep going in the F direction.  There is another transwoman named Rachel Rand who is about 10 years older than me and I use her as a model for where I want to be in 10 years.   I'm a proud Gen X'er, but it's based on latchkey arcade games, not gender.
    • Lydia_R
      I never met me GT in person.  I started off by dressing in my LBD going to fast food and drive thru coffee.  The first time I ventured out of the car, I was wearing a tight fitting long black dress with hose and heels to the ATM.  No one saw me and it was a good step to take.  I still love that dress and was wearing it last week.  I have learned to accept my male bulge in a feminine way thinking of it being like a teenage girl who's breasts are coming in and how that must feel when being in public.  Nothing I can do about it and I'm not into wearing some pleated skirt to hide it because I'm not into that style.
    • Lydia_R
      Wow, talk about big data!  I think I'd geek out on those vectors.  Politically, that idea is pretty sick.  Artistically....  Gotta have something to do with your time.  It's low impact work.
    • Lydia_R
      Although there certainly is just flat out racist hate in this, I tend to ignore that kind of thing and think of it from an economic standpoint.   I've seen some reports of the Chinese being afraid of their men becoming weaker and becoming less able to do hard, manual labor.  Of course that is just sexist BS on some level (my first wife does professional construction work), there is undoubtedly a weakening that goes with the M->F thing.  I feel it within my body.   In my opinion, it's just old school economics of a growing economy.  Like Vaclov Smil is suggesting, maybe we should give up on the idea of growth:   https://www.theguardian.com/books/2019/sep/21/vaclav-smil-interview-growth-must-end-economists   I believe this old school growing economy is over and there is nothing anyone can really do about it.  Like a river, we just need to go with the flow and not fight it.  My roommate is talking about the idea of the country splitting up in to regions.  Perhaps there is some sense in that?  Two of my trans roommates this year came from the mid-south specifically for trans healthcare here.  We all like it here in Portland.  It isn't perfect.  Ironically, it could be much more accepting here.  But all the trans people I know here say that we are not leaving.  Because of my career, it is almost certain I will have to move by the end of the year, but I'll likely be coming back when my job is completed.  My house is 4 miles from the transgender hospital too.  I've had the fantasy for years about being a halfway house for people having surgeries.  I get this feeling that it is going to become a strange episode of M*A*S*H.  I guess I'm just going to go with the flow on this.  Fighting the tow of the moon and all that.
    • Ladypcnj
      Yes, its common in gender therapy, my therapist was similar the same way, I should embrace my femineity. I came out in my childhood years. It was the first time my parents took me clothes shopping; I ran on over to the girl's department when I was a kid, some of us already knew we are girls. Okay, now let's bring things up to 2024, how to get past your fear? For starters, you can watch fashion shows or look around your surroundings outside to see what other women are wearing today. Take out your notebook to write things down such as red top, black jeans, earrings, boots or sneakers.. okay you get the general idea. Since I was already dating x-girlfriend at the time, shopping for female clothes during the holiday, was supper easy, if anyone asked me.. I just said I'm getting these clothes for my girlfriend, and it worked like a charmed.    Another to get past the fear without leaving home, you can try online shopping, you would need to measure waist area, and height .. this might come with trial and error since there is no dressing room. 
    • Lydia_R
      I'm not sure how much you can really help anyone, but I have enjoyed opening my house up to trans people this year.   Including myself, there have been 4 transgender people living in my one bedroom house.  And there is one cis gendered male here.  All of us have experienced homelessness.  Not just a couple days either, but significant homelessness.  Since I was homeless for 4 years 20 years ago, I've always wanted to be in a position where I could open up my house like this.  For whatever reason, I am the only trans person in the house right now, but it seems that others are on the way.  I have a desire to keep my house running like this for the foreseeable future.   I had a retired Scientologist counselor helping me out when I was in my 4 year homeless period.  I can't even imagine how I would have survived without her.  When I was living in those cars and vans, I'd have periods of a week or two where I'd stay with her and have adventures.  I'd get some better food.  She was on SSI, so we would go to the food bank.  I got turned onto cauliflower from the food bank.  I'd get my laundry done and then I'd have some time studying on the computer.  I slept on the living room floor with a sleeping bag.  My Dirty Pot and Igotarock compositions where made on the floor of that apartment.  I just put my gear on the floor and recorded my bass sitting on the floor.  I had made the drum machine parts while I was sleeping in my GEO Metro.  She kicked my out on New Years Eve going into 2004.  I had just been a mad scientist doing math and that was the best thing for me at the time.  a/b=c/d   So yes, you can help if you use some balance with it.
    • Mirrabooka
      @awkward-yet-sweet I hope you get to go on the trip! I'm assuming from what you wrote that your husband is a trucker. I know what it's like to have diesel in your veins, to sit in a cab for hours on end enjoying the scenery and listening to the music of a big engine, it's pretty awesome and there's nothing quite like it.   @Birdie When ya gotta go, ya gotta go! I hope your state laws catch up with reality one day, but I won't hold my breath waiting.   Well, we might have a bit of an awkward situation happening here soon. It's our 40th anniversary this July and last week we finally decided to do something to celebrate it by going on an interstate getaway to a city which we love, Hobart. Flights are booked and paid for, accommodation in a nice hotel booked, a day cruise while we are there booked and paid for, etc. Meanwhile, our son and DIL dropped in yesterday with our 2mo granddaughter. We told them that we finally got off our behinds and booked a trip and everyone was happy. Then, they told us about our granddaughters' baptism which was organized for June 9th. No worries, we'll be there!    Fast forward a few hours and DIL contacted us to say that June 9th was off because one of the God parents isn't available, and the *only* alternative is for the weekend that we are away! Grrrr! So why couldn't they choose a later date? Because baby might grow out of her outfit by then! I know what will probably happen, there will be a heated discussion and to keep the peace we will once again cave in to the demands of others who never stop wanting a piece of us and we will end up canceling our trip.   First world problem I know, but we're getting pretty frustrated since my retirement last year that we can't seem to do anything for ourselves for more than a day or two at a time.
    • April Marie
      Oh, gorgeous!! Thank you for the link!!!
    • KatieSC
      April, Those are beautiful. You may want to check out the offerings from this company, Trisha Waldron Designs. I discovered her jewelry a few years ago when I was at the Rapid City Regional Airport in Rapid City, SD. They have a gift shop there that had her jewelry. See link: https://trishawaldrondesigns.com/home/
    • Mmindy
      I love that @April Marie smiles. 
    • April Marie
      Discovering a woman in the mirror.
    • KatieSC
      Heavens to Murgatroyd! What if Governor Abbott has installed genitalia scanners on the commodes? I suppose they could collect, catalog, and then with the genitalia scanner, activate the Klaxon, the red lights, and then initiate the barriers to contain you until the police arrive. Weird times, and weirder politicians, call for extreme measures. All of this caused by you wanting a gladder bladder. Woe is the world...   On a more real world note, be careful Birdie. Someone may snitch you out just to see what happens. 
    • Mmindy
      Eye sparkle isn’t from glass ball?
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.