• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A Few Questions & Storys

Guest Amanda W

OK well.... since starting hrt i have started noticing something happening at work, all of the sudden i no longer can do as much as fast as i used too, funny thing is i am not doing anything differently. well i guess i am but i cant physically pick up the huge box's any more.

when it comes to doing picks(pulling merchandise from a bin to go out by scanning it out of the bin) i used to be able to do 120 an hour... now i can do about 60-80 an hour. its not much but its got my bosses asking me what is up with me.

in other news... i no longer have to worry about my tummy, though i am 210 still but my tummy is like gone... just don't know how i lose the tummy but not lose any weight :huh: its got me quite confused. though i did end up getting sick last week, couldn't keep anything down and that's kinda when i woke up the next morning and noticed the fat around my tummy was mostly gone. only bit of tummy i got lest if right above where you would wear a belt, and even that is no more then a quarter inch to haft an inch sticking out.

oh um... this has kinda been on my mind now that i am getting ma'am ed more and more often, but i am actually becoming worried when going into the mens bathroom. and i am kind of wondering, when exactly would you say would be safe to go into the lady's bathroom? and dose an employer actually make you go into the bathroom that is the same sex as you are even if you look like the opposite?

its funny but i never thought about that before when i was being labeled with the dreaded "he,him,sir" words, but now... i am really quite worried about all the odd looks not to mention when i do have to go and end up having to used the mens bathroom its practically rush in rush out as fast as possible so no one sees me. and if there is guys in there they kinda of just stare at me.

i have also started noticing that i am much more....watchful of who is around me, specially when in the bathroom or going out to my car at 1am...which just happens to be out in the middle of no were in the parking lot. i kinda ended up running to my car tonight, there just happen to be 6 guys just standing around for no reason.

i know i am still in the androgynous phase.. i think i cant tell to be honest i haven't been sired besides my co workers who i think do it just to aggravate me....yes i hate the "he" word with a bloody passion.

which the other day i had a co worker purposely call me "he/him" over and over because he knew it bugged me... i ended up growling at him(i know not vary lady like, but i didn't think a hiss would do :P ) but it did get the point across and he kinda walked away really quickly!

hehe sorry if my paragraph docent have a cohesive flow to it, but i kind of started coming up with more to say as i went and well there you have it :lol:

Guest Donna Jean

Foxy......

Oh, my dear girl....

You have entered that danger zone known as being "androgynous" ...

It' half way between here and there!

It's when you get sir'd and ma'am'd with equal abandon!

I am on month 14 HRT and I think that I'm at the top end of androgyny ...I get more Ma'ams anymore...

I hate when you're in the middle and can't decide which restroom to visit! DANG!

But when you're at the point that you're at, you know that you're heading in the right direction!

You go girl....

Good on you!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Guest MarciPA

Well Foxy, you have come a long way from the total SIR phase to the middle ground. I can't wait till I get there, but I am still scared to death of comming out at work and that yes. I guess given that we work at the same company even if in different states I should feel better. I am just so glad that things are progressing along so well for you. Maybe we'll be able to make the trip to Thailand together LOL. Anyway, good luck! Talk to you tomorrow...

M~

Well Foxy, you have come a long way from the total SIR phase to the middle ground. I can't wait till I get there, but I am still scared to death of comming out at work and that yes. I guess given that we work at the same company even if in different states I should feel better. I am just so glad that things are progressing along so well for you. Maybe we'll be able to make the trip to Thailand together LOL. Anyway, good luck! Talk to you tomorrow...

M~

could you imagine all of us who started on hrt in 2009/2010 all going in for srs in Thailand at the same time?

too bad they probably don't do group visit discounts :P

i don't know about everyone else, but i am pretty sure i am going to get srs in Thailand, i have heard a lot of good things about there methods, + getting to visit another country would be wonderful

Guest Donna Jean

Foxy......

I already have my surgery letter on file in Bangkok with Dr. Preecha!

Let me know when you're ready!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Guest Karen Marie Harris

Foxy

Maybe I'm late asking and just missed earlier posts, but have you talked to HR at your job yet?

It seems that you also should be talking with someone in management so as to decide which

restroom you should be using.

Where I worked, there was a guy transitioning and management got with the women who worked

in the same area and they all decided that he/she would use restroom A and all the rest of the

women would use restrooms B, C and D.

Also, going out so far to your car so late at night.....scary. Seems that management could work

to get you something closer or maybe have someone (who is on your side) walk with you. As you might

know, SOME MEN can get worked up for no reason and as a result, not too many happy things could

happen. I feel that management is responsible and absolutely be doing what they can to insure you safety.

Do you have a union and if so, are they up on the latest laws etc?? I don't think that its the unions

responsibility to protect you but they could world together with management and get the word

ound to the members that certain things will not be tolerated.

Well, I hope that this will help a little

Lots of Hugs

Karen Marie

Foxy

Maybe I'm late asking and just missed earlier posts, but have you talked to HR at your job yet?

It seems that you also should be talking with someone in management so as to decide which

restroom you should be using.

well i told them i am going threw the transition and as far as the restroom goses, i think i have to go in the mens by law....i know we got a family restroom, so i guess i can wait in the lines to use that one ;)

Where I worked, there was a guy transitioning and management got with the women who worked

in the same area and they all decided that he/she would use restroom A and all the rest of the

women would use restrooms B, C and D.

Also, going out so far to your car so late at night.....scary. Seems that management could work

to get you something closer or maybe have someone (who is on your side) walk with you. As you might

know, SOME MEN can get worked up for no reason and as a result, not too many happy things could

happen. I feel that management is responsible and absolutely be doing what they can to insure you safety.

only issue with the car thing is its company polocies so i guess their hands are tied, as far as the cameras in the parking lot go... i found out they don't actually work, they are just there for show as a deterrent...they need to fix them too many employees have angry boyfriends who try to run them over in the parking lot...last year we had some local gangs shooting customers as they walked out for a stupid gang initiation...or at lest that is what we were told.

Do you have a union and if so, are they up on the latest laws etc?? I don't think that its the unions

responsibility to protect you but they could world together with management and get the word

ound to the members that certain things will not be tolerated.

i work for walmart.... the day walmart becomes unionized is the day hell freezes over.... heck when i was highered in they made me sit threw a anti union video, if walmart had a union they could no longer screw there employees as bad.

Well, I hope that this will help a little

Lots of Hugs

Karen Marie

i think my only real option is to just make money quickly and move to Florida in 3-4months, hopefully by then a lot of my troubles will disappear

I.E people knowing i was once male :P

Guest angie

Amanda,

Have you had the talk with the HR Dept about your transition?

If so,and they are ok with it,maybe it is time to talk about the

restroom issue.It is they(HR) who would have to come out with

a directive stating that you can use the proper facilities for your

safety. The women may have a problem with a(man) using their

restroom for a while.But once instigated everyone will come around.

It is HR that will have to issue a directive saying to respect the gender

you are presenting also.Of course you will have the ones who will choose

to ignore it,put you down,hassle you.But time,and your thick skin,will

make it so that eventually you will be treated like the woman you are.

Angie