• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

My Laura's Playground Anniversary

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

My dear family:

One year ago tomorrow I posted this short, shy introduction.

Hi, this is my first time on a transgender forum, and I'm both nervous and excited to meet other folks like myself. I have loved cross dressing since I was about 8 but have had to keep it secret all my life. There always seems to be someone I think I would hurt if I came out.

I recently took a big step and bought a pair of women's ankle boots on the internet that I thought would pass as men's boots. I was so scared the first couple of times I wore them publicly, but to my surprise, no one even seemed to notice! I was so thrilled and am so happy every time I put them on. It has kind of awakened that long surpressed feeling to cross dress. Anyway, I look forward to sharing my hopes and dreams with all of you

Love,

Carolyn :)

At the time, I didn't know much about the transgendered community, or much of anything about being TG. I was isolated in my own little world, with no one to talk to,

no one to confide in, no one with whom to share my hopes, my dreams or my fears. These forums were the first place I had ever mentioned being TG. I didn't

know what to expect. In my mind, I was "just a cross-dresser" and didn't think I had much to offer to anyone here. I rarely posted.

Someone reached out to me to welcome me here. She saw something in the shy introvert, some spark and potential. I was amazed that anyone would seek me out

to talk to me. She encouraged me to post more, pushed, prodded me. And so I did get more active in the forums, and found that the more I participated, the more

I enjoyed it. I found myself, my true self, coming through in the forums, and in so doing found who Carolyn really was. My path was set out before me, and I needed

only to start walking it.

That first contact, that beacon in my night, was Donna Jean. She has since become my best friend, but certainly not my only friend. I soon found myself surrounded by

more friends than I ever thought possible, that I ever dreamed of having. You all know who you are, and know how much I love you all.

My life has changed so dramatically in the last year. My journey took off in earnest when I began seeing my G.T. last summer, and in the fall, I became certain that

Carolyn is who I was, and was always meant to be. In late January, I began HRT.

I love my new life, I love being Carolyn, and I'm excited about the new life I'm in the process of developing. It is not an easy path, but I have all of you to keep me

company on my journey, and that makes all the difference between success and failure.

I want to thank my friends for always being there for me. I wish to thank Laura for making this site possible, as its given me a new life, and a mission to help others

like myself. I also want to thank Mary Ellen and Petra Jane, for having the confidence in me to make me a Moderator, the best "job" I've ever had.

The next year will bring as many changes as the last, and by the end of this next 12 months, I hope to be living full time as Carolyn. But life has a way of surprising us all.

For who would ever thought that 12 months ago I would be writing this, so far into this journey towards womanhood. Not I, most certainly.

Live long and prosper.

Love

Carolyn Marie

Guest Donna Jean

Oh, Boooo hoooooo...wahhhhh....snif'.....snif'''

My baby has grown up...snif'....

Oh, Carolyn....

I remember...I remember it all...

This shy CD girl is being a wallflower....

Come on out, Girlfriend...come on out and post...here's a nice new, shiny lipstick for you....

OMG, Honey...you were so very shy....Just like Sally was at first...(what is it with you shy people that go ballistic posting?)

I've got to share in your journey these last months and got to be your friend and you mine...It's been amazing to watch you grow and how your eyes get big with each new twist and turn...

I even got to be "That woman" on the political forum when your son accidentally saw me!

I'm really so happy to be here during these exciting times with you and all of the new, wondrous things that are happening to you....

My my....one year? WOW that went fast. And just look at you now.....

My baby girl.....

And you are not wearing THAT out!.....

Get back in the house and put on something decent!

With Love and Affection.....

Donna Jean

Congratulations Carolyn,

Many a milestone has passed, but you've always been wonderful, caring Carolyn since I showed up. Hard to have guessed how you started off!

May your next year be as good as the last!

Love, Kat

Guest ~Brenda~

Dearest Carolyn :)

I remember the day that you joined Laura's!!!

I knew instantly that we were sisters.

Your sprit here has been just wonderful :)

Love you dear,

Brenda

Guest Jean Davis
Live long and prosper.

Love

Carolyn Marie

Indeed Ms. Carolyn Marie Spock

It has been a very eventfull year that I can truely say that I am honored to have shared this time with you.

I have been and always shall be your friend.

:lol:

LUV

Jean

Carolyn,

I have waited to post here not because of forgetfulness or of an all too busy work schedule but because this is a very special event and I did not want to just come in and wing it.

You have been such a very special friend to me from very early on, I kept track of your progress when you were a little too shy to post much by talking to Donna Jean - I knew that you two were talking so I would ask if you were OK and she would tell me that you were - we never broke a confidence because Laura's is about trust as well as love.

I was happy knowing that you were well and I just knew that you would start posting a bit more - Donna Jean has that effect on some of us.

Then one day I responded to one of your topics and you sent me a PM and we became friends instantly from that point on our friendship has grown constantly and means so much to me - you are so effervescent that I can not possibly be depressed when I talk to you because if I am you will start quoting lines from Airplane or the Princess Bride.

You are a great friend and a lovely lady, I am so glad that you have entered my life - congratulations on one spectacular year - let's see where the womanhood express takes us this year.

I LOVE YOU

Sally

Guest Girl Emily

Carolyn Marie,

Congratulations dear. As relatively new member I have found your replies helpful, comforting, and containing a wisdom that goes beyond your one year here.

To another exciting year!

Huggs,

You have come a long way in that year Hun, I actually thought you were here "forever"

cos your posts and replies/advice are so filled with humanity ,knowledge , and big

helpings of niceness . Your cool Carolyn Marie,,,,,good to know you Hun, luv,viv :)

Congrats Carolyn,

I bet this past year flew by, i know it did for me, from that shy person in the beginning to a very helpful person, you have had lots of firsts this past year and many more to come this year, Laura's has helped all us all realize we were never alone.

Paula

• Admin

Thanks, all of you, from the bottom of my heart. >dabs tears away from her eyes<

You are my second family, and I do so love spending time with you.

Sally, a special thanks to you, hon, for being such a wonderful friend and fine woman. Whether we are on

video cam, speakers, or keyboard, you know how to make me feel special, and how to cheer me up when

I'm down.

Dee Jay, my Popsicle Queen, what can I say, except thank you for everything you've done for me.

Its been a heck of a ride, and I'm buckled in for the rest of the journey. Woot!

Carolyn Marie