• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

An Interesting Question...

Guest Sakura_Stingray

Guest Sakura_Stingray

here is a question that i wanted to know....a few years ago i knew a person called angy, i called her zeltra cause of her im....anyway she told me once that transexuals are considered a class of gay and lesbians...yet gay men turn their backs on transexuals saying its not physicaly natural....would all gay men say things like that or are they being heretic...or whatever that double negative type word is...my brain is too fried of confusion to know the word x.x

Guest o0tg0o

I'd say it'd depend, but from personal experience, the younger gays that i was out to were a bit harsh on me. He was trying to convince me that I was just gay, which didn't fly with me well. I asked him if he truely thought i never thought of all that idea before. He redeemed himself by answering "no" honestly. We're still friends, but we're talking less now.

From what I contemplated, I think it's because we both belong to two distinct choices we make in life....to quote some dude who wrote a self-help book,

“There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them. -- Denis Waitley”

So, yeah, gays, from what I believe, take the hard choice to accept the condition as they exist while we take the hard choice of accepting the responsibility for changing to our affirmative gender. What sucks more is that in current culture, the ideology to "accept conditions as they exist" when it comes to speaking of one self (at least to me), is more courageous or maybe even "right"......and that could be where the roots of gay folks looking down at us come from.

I don't know, I think there's a difference, at least from the folks I've met, but I'm still banking on meeting folks that can still be supportive ^_^

Guest Mr. Fox

Not all gay guys would say that while their sexual orientation is fine, being transsexual is not. I, for example, am bisexual, but obviously do not have anything against the transgendered. It just depends on how openminded the person is.

Guest kathy sue

i don't believe that transsexuals are a class of any group. we are our own group and gays are their own, but some from both groups probably identify with both. within all groups there will be some that are supportive of others and some who are not. you have to take it one person at a time.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 82 Guests (See full list)

• Kylie
    • KymmieL
    • Susie
    • MaybeRob
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

MichelleS77
    Newest Member
    MichelleS77

1. AP94
      AP94
      (30 years old)
    2. Clare27
      Clare27
      (50 years old)
    3. Shawnster
      Shawnster
      (54 years old)
    • Ivy
      Wow.  Sounds terrible.  Stay safe yourself.
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      I hope our members from the Mid-South are doing OK today.  A lot of places had a real disaster overnight.  Tornadoes dropped all over, through Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Arkansas, and Tennessee.  Lots of damage, and many people missing.  Pray for those involved, and that there won't be another wave of it tonight.   My county was spared almost all of it, but a neighboring county was hit hard.  Our Defense personnel were mobilized this morning to assist with access control, because all their local LEOs are needed for search and rescue.  No idea of how many are injured and missing, but there have been several deaths.  We may not know for weeks.  Rural areas here have a lot of shacks and trailer houses, and most people were asleep because it hit at the worst time - early morning on a Sunday during a holiday weekend.  Tornado hit a retirement home, and lots of elderly folks were hurt bad.  There was no forecast for this, and little if any warning.      Electrical outage is widespread, and it has been followed by a really hot, humid day.  Heat index is around 115 - it's killer heat.  I went out with my husband this morning, since everybody with a CDL was needed for a convoy.  I'm back home now, since I only got a couple of hours of sleep last night.  He'll probably be there overnight, and GF is there also helping with mechanical issues.  They've converted a big Baptist church into a community shelter for people who have lost their homes, and set up a generator and AC.  I'll probably go back tomorrow to help some more, as they're working on setting up a kitchen...nobody wants to eat MRE's forever.    They're getting no help from the state at all yet.  Governor didn't bother to declare an emergency until this afternoon!   The National Guard hasn't been activated either.  If it wasn't for Defense personnel, there'd be gawkers and looters. Its ridiculous, like only the cities matter.  Two rural towns literally no longer exist - its like a bulldozer a half-mile wide went through.  I've seen tornado damage before, but this is the worst.  Its just heartbreaking to look at it. 
    • Mmindy
      CBS Sunday Morning with Jane Paulie had a good piece on this ruling. 
    • Maddee
      I m liking that dress with a hat
    • Mmindy
    • April Marie
      You are absolutely experiencing the same thing many, if not most, of us have faced...and still face.    The best thing I did was to find a therapist skilled in gender issues. She's been a life saver (and we work entirely on-line). And, for me, it also has made sense to move ahead slowly and in synch with my wife.    Just know that you have people here willing to listen and help, as you need it.  
    • VickySGV
      A decided exception to the concept of Free Speech, this one shows the consequences of taking the concept off the rails.  
    • Davie
      Idaho drag performer awarded $1.1m in defamation case against far-right blogger. A blogger, Summer Bushnell, falsely claimed Eric Posey exposed himself to a crowd, including children. The Kootenai county district court jury unanimously found that Summer Bushnell defamed Eric Posey, a resident of Post Falls, Idaho, when she posted a doctored video of his performance that included a blurred spot that she claimed covered his “fully exposed genitals”, the Coeur D’Alene Press reported. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/article/2024/may/26/idaho-drag-performer-defamation-case-far-right-blogger
    • Davie
      I met them on the street one day when they lived in my city. Said hi. They seemed nice. P.S. I think Fin's pronoun is "they."
    • Amy Powell
      Nice to meet you!
    • Ivy
    • Amy Powell
      April, Thank you for the shout out. It is difficult. Sometimes I wish I was just like everyone else (whatever that is). I haven't figured out how to present it to the kids (not sure I'm ready, or want to). I'd imagine  everyone on this forum has felt this at one time or another.  
    • Amy Powell
      Thanks, I may start a separate thread for the hobbies etc.  My wife and I have also been creating a recipe book we are both quite proud of.  
    • Amy Powell
      Thank You, I tried to balance the rooms decor with equal feminine, artsy, and a bit of 90's grunge/alternative influence.  Unfortunately, the camera I used didn't show the drawings well. I may decide to make a separate thread for the drawings/arts/crafts.   Hugs
    • Vidanjali
      @Amy Powell your aesthetic reminds me of Anna Sui. Kinda art deco meets romantic meets Bohemian meets rock n roll.   Fashion images: https://www.google.com/search?q=anna+sui+fashion&client=ms-android-google&sca_esv=87940c84487c33f0&sca_upv=1&udm=2&biw=412&bih=790&sxsrf=ADLYWIIV5j67lhM8fvT9dj5QsjqC4t8JAw%3A1716744540336&ei=XHFTZs-SFKiQwbkPyvS6kAQ&oq=anna+sui+fash&gs_lp=EhNtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1zZXJwIg1hbm5hIHN1aSBmYXNoKgIIADIFEAAYgAQyBRAAGIAEMgUQABiABDIHEAAYgAQYGDIHEAAYgAQYGEjWKlDuCliMJHACeACQAQGYAaUBoAHhD6oBBDEyLje4AQHIAQD4AQGYAgigAqkGwgIEECMYJ5gDAIgGAZIHAzQuNKAHsVA&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.