• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Orlando Mini-vacay

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Hello! Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress in (rainy) Orlando FL! This place is luxurious! So much so I had to bold and italicize it. I got a really good deal from Priceline for $120/night. So the plan is to spend the night tonight, get up super-early and hit Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure, spend the night again, and then check out and leave the following morning.

So the day started off pretty normal. Had a few things to do (like pack!) before leaving so I got all that in order got showered and dressed, packed up the car and then headed to Wendy's for a finger-food lunch and the gas station to fill up the car. Then I headed out. The drive over here was pretty dull until it started raining. Once I got closer to Orlando traffic started picking up, as did the rain. I got to my exit and made a few turns and pulled into the drive for the hotel. Pulled up to the gate and the guard asked my name and such and gave me a permit. I guess I was on the guest list there because she already knew my first name after I gave her my last one. (!)

Followed the directions and pulled up to the hotel and the valet guy came up to me and asked if I wanted to self park or do valet. I decided since it was raining and I did not want to walk through the rain and ruin my pretty self I opted for valet for tonight only. He got a cart for my bags and wheeled them inside, all the while we were talking about the weather and such. Walked in and someone else dressed in a suit (concierge? bell hop?) greeted me and asked where I was coming from and such and directed me over to check in. So I checked in with this nice lady and I gave her my credit card and got my room keys and she waved that same guy over to help me with my bags up to my room.

(note to self, remember more people's names!!)

So that same guy who greeted me just a few minutes earlier came over and he gave me a little tour of the place and explained the restaurants and such. He showed me where I can watch the Disney fireworks from as well. We get up to the 9th floor and go to my room and he gives me a little tour of the room and all the nifty features and gadgets and gizmos and such. The room and hotel tour concluded. I slipped him a tip for his hospitality and I unpacked a little, got the laptop set up and even though it was a light rain I decided, hey! I'm going to tour this place and get some pictures!

So after getting situated I grabbed my room key, my phone and my drink and headed downstairs. Got down to the lobby and walked around a bit, then went outside to marvel at the amazing pool, hot tubs (there's like 6 of them here), swing bridge, game room, pool side bar, volleyball court, water slides, lake, etc...etc...etc.. Took some really awesome photos, and I got some good ones of the resort as well. I found out the 9th floor is just half way up, so there's 18 floors plus the executive suites I guess.

This place is so beautiful, and the price was a steal, and best of all, I've been doing my normal girl thing and I've talked with a few employees and guests and everyone's treating me like a lady and if they're laughing at me or talking about it, it's totally out of ear shot because as far as I can tell, I'm being treated like any other lady here.

It's...awesome!

Granted the day's not over yet, still have to figure out what I'm going to do for dinner. I have a feeling noone delivers pizza here.....

Tomorrow I will discuss my day at Universal Orlando. Until then: stay sweet, ladies, and stay handsome, fellas! :)

Guest Donna Jean

Oh my!

That's wonderful......

But, Natalie just got back from there and Gin just got back from Disneyland and my sister left this morning for Barcelona, Spain...

WAHHhhhhhhh....

I never get to go anywhere!

Lizzie....sounds like you're having an awesome time and I love reading this!

You are saying "We"....who are you with?

Bet you're getting treated like a princess!

HUGGS & LOVE!

Donna Jean

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

I'm going to Universal tomorrow. (Tuesday) and checking out Wednesday.

Oh and the "we" in the first post was me conversing with the valet guy. I'm doing this trip solo.

Guest Natalie92

NO! NO! NO! You did this all wrong! You should've gotten there on Thursday, stayed at the Rosen Plaza, and gone to Disney World instead of Universal Studios. That way you could've seen ME!!!

Actually, on second thought... with all of the stuff going on between my friends and myself, not to mention having to answer to my band director who you were and what I was doing talking to you, maybe you did the right thing (except the sky was clear the entire time I was there minus half an hour.)

And Donna Jean, we'll get you out on a vacation to Florida. Even if we have to sue the state of Ohio in order to let you leave for a week. :P

Natalie

Guest Lizzie McTrucker
NO! NO! NO! You did this all wrong! You should've gotten there on Thursday, stayed at the Rosen Plaza, and gone to Disney World instead of Universal Studios. That way you could've seen ME!!!

Nah. Not anything against you. I haven't been to Universal in years so I wanted to go and get caught up to speed on the rides and stuff they've put in since I was last there. I've already been on everything at Disney. :P

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Well it turns out today's photos were a monster compared to the ones from yesterday. I won't spare you the torture of 58 pics but I will say that for my safety I decided to go incognito today. At one of the rides I was trying out I sat in the test seat and my hips were too wide. I made a comment about how I had no idea my hips had gotten so big and the lady replies "How do you think us women feel?" I wanted to tell her "Honey, if you only knew..."

Also in the course of the day I came across a family of four girls who were having a "girl's vacation" and left their guys at home. It's like I instantly clicked with them and we had a great time talking. Found out they're from the same area I am so we talked about hotel rates and annual passes and such. I also used my height to my advantage and took some pictures over the big wooden fence of the new Harry Potter area. :)

Then I came home and after uploading pics to photobucket I decided to lay down because I was tired, sore, and tired, and sore, and I smelled like themepark water (from going on one of the water rides). I just woke up about 30 minutes ago and I feel great! I think part of it was because I slept really well (and didn't sleep well last night) and part of it was running out and buying a non-feather pillow to sleep on. I think that made a world of difference.

I was going to hit the pool last night but in testing my suit I knew I would have to wear my foundation garment underneath to give that girl figure and I realized I only packed one of them, and I needed that one for the return trip so I didn't get to go into the pools, and they were so inviting and tempting!

But I had a pretty good time. Didn't get to go on as much as I wanted due to my size but those I did get to go on I enjoyed. :)

I'm glad that you had a good day - and a good night's sleep.

i love hearing about folks doing things that they enjoy.

Keep telling me about it - I have never been to Universal - just Disney World and Epcot Center.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

So as to not take up a lot of room here, I decided to make a blog about my trip to Orlando, and you can read about it here: Fat Chick Tours!. Lots of pics, lots of commentary, and sneak peeks over the wall into the construction of the new Harry Potter area. (being tall has that advantage)

Guest Donna Jean

WOW, Lizzie!

I just went through your blog and looked at all the pics and read all the text that you had there!

Looked like a stone gas!

Thanks for the inside look, Hon....I felt like I was there with you!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Guest Natalie92

Sounds like you are having a sweet time in Orlando! I seriously wish I was still down there. I needed that second Spring Break and could now use a 3rd. hahahaha!

Well, be safe, have fun, and don't go on the fast rides just after lunch.

Natalie

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

I updated the blog again with todays pictures from the Disney Shopping Village. I cleaned up the language a bit but if I let one slip don't hold it against me? Thanks for the comments and for reading! :)

Guest Kieri

Ooooh I'm a bit late to this. Hope you had fun at Universal, I just went to IoA myself about 2-3 weeks ago. Orlando as a whole is great if you don't mind spending money!

Guest Natalie92

Downtown Disney is AWESOME!! Unfortunately I didn't go this trip because my friends didn't want to go, but I went the other 3 times. It really is a pretty fun place to do some shopping (plus it's the one area of Disney that you don't have to pay for just to walk in the gates). Hope you're still doing well!

Natalie