• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Transman Crossdressers?

Guest Drew

the other day, i was at a trans support group and another guy had an interesting and somewhat confusing question. is there such a thing as a transman crossdresser? we were talking and somebody had said that post transition they had felt the urge to crossdress, they were happier then they had ever been after having "become a man" but recently they had wanted to experiment with crossdressing. personally, i found this perplexing because i have always hated female clothes and never plan on wearing them again. i would really like to hear other peoples opinions on this subject.

Drew

Guest Mr. Fox

I knew there were others! I think girl clothes are pretty, although I won't wear girl shirts as they reveal the horrible fact that I have breasts. Once I can pass regardless of clothing though, sure.

Guest Michelle M

It's a bit confusing, since one of the reasons to transition is loathing of the old gender's clothes. It's not that strange though. When my transition is done, I'll probably ocassionaly wear male clothes or cosplay male characters.

huh... the only reason I could see cross-dressing in female clothing would be the same way lots of bio guys crossdress for Halloween... to look like a man in a dress. It would basically prove or show off my masculinity if I looked like a man in a dress. You'd probably have to pay me at least $100/hr to do it though. MAYBE I'd consent to it if I had some wierd role in a play or something, but, again, ONLY then if I really obviously looked like a MAN in a dress.

My perception of female clothing being attractive is directly proportional to my NOT EVER having to wear it EVER AGAIN.

but that's just me...

Huff

Guest Rika-chama

Michelle has a point. I sometimes see a cute dress or shirt and think I would look so cute in it but then I think others would probably enjoy wearing it more :P I do think it is kinda weird though. I never wear female clothes because it is a constant reminder of what I am not. Even if I was post-transition I would probably feel this way.

Ni-paa~

Guest Darrel

It is possible. I would find it humoring for a big, burly transman to wear a tiny pink tutu and have his very short hair in a little pink bow. It would be like any other biological male crossdressing.

I don't think that there are many transsexual crossdressers, though. Usually transsexuals don't want to be reminded of the past or told, "THIS IS THE TRUTH; NOW WEAR IT." I guess it could be possible for transman Kings and transwomen Queens... but in the minority.

huh... the only reason I could see cross-dressing in female clothing would be the same way lots of bio guys crossdress for Halloween... to look like a man in a dress. It would basically prove or show off my masculinity if I looked like a man in a dress. You'd probably have to pay me at least $100/hr to do it though. MAYBE I'd consent to it if I had some wierd role in a play or something, but, again, ONLY then if I really obviously looked like a MAN in a dress.

My perception of female clothing being attractive is directly proportional to my NOT EVER having to wear it EVER AGAIN.

but that's just me...

Huff

i'll second all of that :P

Guest Mr. Fox

Yes, the man in a dress feeling would be the main part of the fun. Ah, the joy of getting dirty looks when wearing a skirt, a joy I may never know.

Guest GoldenKirbichu

I've never had a strong urge to crossdress after being forced to for most of my life.

I suppose the material of some clothes is pleasant but I prefer rougher material anyway...

I doubt this would be openly acknowledged if it happened a lot.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ryles_D
I knew there were others! I think girl clothes are pretty, although I won't wear girl shirts as they reveal the horrible fact that I have breasts. Once I can pass regardless of clothing though, sure.

I like skirts, the pants are just too revealing and I find myself getting all critical of my legs. :/ I know I hate wearing girl shirts now, even with the binder because I feel like you could totally tell or something, but after I get them off- sure. I'd probably only wear skirts as costumes or things like that where it's ok for guys to wear them, but I definitely would. To me, boys look good in skirts.

And the societal "Oh my goodness, you're a boy, get out of that skirt! be a man!" is, y'know, a lovely side benefit.