• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Calling All You Wierd People! Come Release Your Bad Self!

Guest Flistan

Guest Flistan

Inspired by this thread here...

http://www.lauras-playground.com/forums/in...=0&p=177683

I think, to help us know each other more in a more personal way and to help new people come in feeling loud, silly, and strong, I think we should all show our quirky side. ^.^ Humans are unpredictable, unique, and can't be restrained by vocabulary!

Post 10 quirky things about you that you would think no one would know about you!

WEIRD stuff! Like, think of things that would make people never expect you did it.

You can add more stuff later, but post at least five. Ha! You have to be extra weird if you want to post here! :P

1- I used to wear cat ears and a fox tail to school every now and then (I still always dress up weird if I get the chance- this Halloween it was Max from Where the Wild Things Are ^.^)

2- I've been practicing beatbox/techno beats vocally and came up with the awesomest one ever. You have to say something really fast but whisper it... ready? CHICKEN PIE. I love chicken pie... ^.^ But seriously if you whisper "chicken pie" really fast it makes an awesome beat. X3

3- I collect music boxes, wind chimes, pewter things, and the "art of" / "how to draw" books.

4- When I fly in my dreams I feel g-forces. o.0

5- When I sing I sound like a eunic(spelling?) and I like listening to boy choirs... >.>

6- When I was little I seriously thought I was psychic, telekinetic, had the ability to fly, and had purple eyes. (also thought I was intersexed. ahh, so many dreams...)

7- We have 6 cats and 2 hedgehogs between me, my mom, and my sister.

8- There was this time when I was little when I got really depressed and I wanted to run away from home, and I got to the street. What did I take with me? A piece of cheese... -.- lol

9- One time in 7th grade I shaved my arms because I was afraid of being seen as manly even though I didn't want to. >.>

10- ...ummm... and I have birth marks on my teeth, a white eyelash every now and then, and three webbed toes on each foot. :D

P.S.- Happy Earth Day/Day-Avatar-Comes-Out Day. ^.^

Things people don't know about me...

10. I delight in the pokemans game. I love my vulpix's and ninetails.

9. Laser pointer and my cat equals endless amounts of fun for me.

8. Confusing people is a pastime for me.

7. Confusing myself is a pastime for them.

6. I secretly like Blink 182, green day and other poppy rock songs.

5. I enjoy the pokerface song and the horror it instills in others.

4. I draw fox people sometimes. Not the naughty kind on the interwebs tho. >.<

3. I mindlessly watch my boxsets of Squidbillies, venture bros, athf and the grandma's boy movie while I play wow.

2. I am actually quite stupid. However I make up for this with my fantastical made up wordery.

1. I may just be a line of code on the internet. I am not entirely sure.

Guest praisedbeherhooves
Inspired by this thread here...

http://www.lauras-playground.com/forums/in...=0&p=177683

I think, to help us know each other more in a more personal way and to help new people come in feeling loud, silly, and strong, I think we should all show our quirky side. ^.^ Humans are unpredictable, unique, and can't be restrained by vocabulary!

Post 10 quirky things about you that you would think no one would know about you!

WEIRD stuff! Like, think of things that would make people never expect you did it.

You can add more stuff later, but post at least five. Ha! You have to be extra weird if you want to post here! :P

1- I used to wear cat ears and a fox tail to school every now and then (I still always dress up weird if I get the chance- this Halloween it was Max from Where the Wild Things Are ^.^)

2- I've been practicing beatbox/techno beats vocally and came up with the awesomest one ever. You have to say something really fast but whisper it... ready? CHICKEN PIE. I love chicken pie... ^.^ But seriously if you whisper "chicken pie" really fast it makes an awesome beat. X3

3- I collect music boxes, wind chimes, pewter things, and the "art of" / "how to draw" books.

4- When I fly in my dreams I feel g-forces. o.0

5- When I sing I sound like a eunic(spelling?) and I like listening to boy choirs... >.>

6- When I was little I seriously thought I was psychic, telekinetic, had the ability to fly, and had purple eyes. (also thought I was intersexed. ahh, so many dreams...)

7- We have 6 cats and 2 hedgehogs between me, my mom, and my sister.

8- There was this time when I was little when I got really depressed and I wanted to run away from home, and I got to the street. What did I take with me? A piece of cheese... -.- lol

9- One time in 7th grade I shaved my arms because I was afraid of being seen as manly even though I didn't want to. >.>

10- ...ummm... and I have birth marks on my teeth, a white eyelash every now and then, and three webbed toes on each foot. :D

P.S.- Happy Earth Day/Day-Avatar-Comes-Out Day. ^.^

1. I wear hair extensions, makeup and girly colors, and I still identify fully as male

2. The last three attempts at flirting I have ended up discussing social systems.

3. Before that, everyone I flirted with learned a lot about serial killers. Slightly earlier then that, everyone I talked to learned a lot about serial killers

4. Speaking of flirting, my first pick up line was. "Hi. I like your nose. I think it is pretty. Did you know that *insert a graphic fact about a serial killer's torture method that I'm not allowe to post here*?" I was not trying to freak her out it;s just that my social skills were truly appalling then. I

5. When I am on testosterone and have had chest surgery, I actually plan to dress more femininely

6. I drink vinegar

7. I am starting to obsess over socioeconomic systems and propaganda techniques.

8. I change boyfriends so fast one of my friends called me a light switch.

9. My current sort-of boyfriend I have nicknamed "Strawberry"

There are plenty more but it's 1:00 AM and I cant come up with any

Guest Bunny

Oh god...

1) I have an obession with fish. 6 baby barbs (I didn't intend to breed to $#%^s) 8 semi agressive and 9 community tropical fish are in this house.

2) I like to sew. A lot.

3) I collect asian ball jointed dolls.

4) I have dreams that are more elaberate and involved then some movies.

5) I miss my mohawk that was 5 inches tall and dark green so much that if I my best friend wouldn't attack me with raid I'd shave in a new one!

6) I am honestly scared that some day I will go visit my friend and she will be standing on a chair, can of raid in hand, screaming of her victory over spiders. Then remember she's scared of heights and I'll have to rescue her.

7) I own a toy poodle named Samantha and baby talk to her in the most female, adorable voice you may ever hear.

8) I tore up some of the tissue in my knee snowboarding so I thought it'd be worth it to be in a mosh pit the night before I had it repaired.

9) I have an obsession with rap music but have been to more "metal" shows then most people I know.

10) I've been kicked off tour busses of decent name bands.

Okay thats good for now right? lol

-Jaden

Guest Steven22

oh boy...

1. I talk to my computer as if it were a person.

2. I have 3 lights in my room, two black lights, and one broken normal light.

3. I have 2 cloth posters and 2 prints of ghosts,vampires and fairies, respectfully all women.

4. I just realized that after 5 months of having one of my cloth posters up that it is backwards.

5. Bacon is a vegetable.

6. So are cheeseburgers.

7. I talk to my cat/girlfriend in a "cutesy" voice

8. I love to learn, but I suck at being a student. On a completely unrelated note, I own a personal refrigerator that is empty.

9. Today I drove to the donut shop wearing 2 completely different shoes, one white and one black.

10. I once sacrificed a keyboard to the WoW gods.

That just about covers it.

Guest unsolvedmystery

ooh this is exciting!

1. Mermaids exist.

2. Robots control everything we do, our thoughts, actions etc.

3. I can only cry over stupid things (like dropping my book) but not serious things (like losing my best friend).

4. I am very active in the motorbike community even though I can't even ride a bicycle.

5. I will only sing at kareoke if it's a P!nk song.

6. I don't drink tea, coffee, fizzy drinks or milk.

I shall think of more things later...

Guest My_Genesis

Fun topic :)

1. I don't like water. Unless I'm really really thirsty, then I'll drink from a water fountain or buy a bottle. But I can't just sit there and drink water or drink it with a meal.

2. I'm afraid of unenclosed heights. But enclosed ones I'm okay with.

3. I'm really good at writing but hate reading unless it's something nonfiction like scientific american.

4. I'm from NYC but I love Colorado, more than I like NYC, which I don't think is anything special.

5. I love the winter, but don't really like the summer, especially on the east coast where it gets really humid.

When I think of more I'll post more.

Guest Light Perpetual

Oh, these... Well, let's see. Quirky.

10. I'm very, very easily confused. I tend to talk in circles in these instances.

9. I am also very, very curious. My ex delights in this fact. I delight in the fact that I know the only spot he's ticklish (and he's tinier than I am, so I can almost always find ways to reach it). Revenge. >3

8. I dislike my hair being the same colour for very long. I don't mind doing multi-tones and keeping one consistent, but I absolutely cannot wait to change it all up again (it's a gradient from a blond/brown into red into a tiny bit of black, right now). The style'll be very different, too--I'm sure my father, the judge, will be *thrilled*, lawl.

7. I used to wear cat collars all the time. Graduated to dog collars, later.

6. I really wish I still had a chew toy; a friend got me one in high school, and I miss it.

5. I design clothing that I intend to make and wear. I just... need to find fabric I like for them. And figure out how to sew netting...

4. I'm a huge video game nerd. I lean toward platformers, fighters, and RPGs.

3. I am... also a huge Transformers fan. Working on collecting all the comics.

2. I have a caffeine stream, not a bloodstream. Jolt is my lifeblood.

1. I will occasionally run through a sentence and find that I've started in English, gone into French, Italian, German, Japanese, and Spanish. The order changes up, but the odd thing is... I don't know Italian or German.

Guest Naomi Stardust

Weird???

nope! all of my idiosynchrocies are perfectly normal to me

but I'll list a few anyway... um...

1 I own many decorative plastic aquarium plants

but no aquarium

see like I said perfectly normal

1 apparently I can't count to two...

2 I have moles on my left forearm shaped like the constellation Orion

3 I can stay awake for hours listening to the frogs sing to me every Spring

4 I am not afraid of wolves or coyotes but big dogs make me nervous

5 sometimes I think I am a cat... or rather sometimes I think I'm a human...

6 I have a collection of stuffed lions but no real ones

7 I write right handed but hold the pen like I am left handed

8 I used to entertain myself with shadow puppets until one of them bit me, so I gave it up

come to think of it, that may be why I am nervous around big dogs...

9 I collect crow feathers and sometimes when I hear them cawing, I caw back

they look at me funny when I do

10 I have made philosophical discourses based on Farside cartoons

11 I like to have a side of nachos with my sushi (lots of wasabi ;) )

12 I flunked psychology in high school but so far in college I am getting an A

13 I like to eat scrambled eggs with cinnamon

14 I also like peanut butter and bacon sandwiches (but had to give them up, trying to lower my cholesterol)

15 In karate I was sparring with the only guy there that was bigger than me, he was also more advanced than me, but in the middle of fighting him, I got board and looked at the clock (broke my toe too)

16 I think bats are cute

I think that thats enough for now...

Guest Evan_J
6. I don't drink tea, coffee, fizzy drinks or milk.

ditto

Quirky......hmmmm..... (make a note folks, Evan is actually going to tell something about Evan)

Its not unusual for me to "get a song stuck in my head" that I repeatedly sing around the house.....even though I don't know the words.

None of my socks are matched unless I just bought them.

I like syrup on my hashbrowns. Drive thru people scowl at this because there are no pancakes involved.

I can swim in the ocean but am afraid to swim in a pool.

I get frustrated when planes take forever to take off -because I've usually swallowed my gum by then.

I worry about how my luggage ranks next to other peoples as it comes up the luggage return .

I often have laundry piled on top of the hamper -even though the hamper is empty.

Guest JeanVier

Haha! This is fun.

1. In middle school and in high school, I created a new name for myself every six months-- and now I realise they were all gender-neutral/slightly masculine. Hmm.

2. About 90% of the dreams I remember are lucid dreams, and all of my dreams are in colour.

3. All of my socks match colour, size, brand. (Evan, I admire your sock habits, though!)

4. The shirts in my closet are organized by sleeve length and relative 'heaviness'/warmness, and I know where each of them go.

5. I collect receipts when I feel nostalgic, put them in a box, and re-discover them a year or two later-- and feel happy.

6. I do not like soda-- I always drink water or tea.

7. Vegan-- but highly accepting and tolerant of omnivores-- no PETA-like tactics for me!!

8. I love to eat lemons and limes-- my partner can never believe it, but they taste sweet and excellent to me.

9. Alcohol and I are not friends-- one sip of wine (one sip!) makes me feel swervy and not good.

10. I never can resist lists. I try... but I cannot!

-JV

Guest NatashaJade

Not fair, Shift. As you are a Time Lord, you will always be a little stranger than us humans...

Okay, here goes:

1. I perform to empty audiences on my stage at work (sing, dance, act...you name it. I always get a standing ovation)

2. I'm building a trebuchet in my shop to ward off the infidels.

3. I used to be a professional role playing gamer...was paid to run events at conventions.

4. I do not believe airplanes fly due to physics. I think people just believe they do and, if they stopped believing, the planes would fall from the sky.

5. I cry when I see dead animals on the road.

6. I love eating powered beverages (soup, hot chocolate) without water.

7. When I drive, I pretend I'm Pac Man and each car I pass is a dot. The ghosts are cops. I hear the "wacka wacka" sound every time I pass a car.

I always have a hard time finishing lists of ten and prefer to stop at other numbers (just found that out!)...

luv

Gin

Guest Elizabeth K

Oh my - maybe not so quirky - but a little different?

(1) Food - I cannot eat pancakes without having peanut butter - I am allergic to potatoes, except potaoe chips - I love raw oysters, with spinich. I hated asperigus until after starting HRT and now my taste has changed and I crave it. (DULL! Pick it up Lizzy!)

(2) Reading Habits - I have over 10,000 science fiction books - many from the 1940s - all my Ray Bradbury are signed. I have even read a few.

(3) Comic books - I have 'Ironman' comic number one - actually 1 through 17 - missing 18 & 19, spotty trough 86, then complete up to 2001 when I stopped collecting. I have the complete Sandman collection three times over, all the cards inlcuding three holographic, all the graphic novels.

(4) Education - I also was once in pre-med and did well - but I married a doctor instead (easier - grin!) I have almost 300 hours completed - hard stuff too - but only one degree.

(5) Male mode stuff - I rebuilt car engines for years - I mean totally - especially my 1967 Porche (now gone), but now I hate even changing the oil because it damages my nails - Until 2007 I had never wrecked a car though I did set one on fire accidently (does that count?)

(6) My family - I have three grown children - two have their masters, one has her PhD. My son has his degree in Computer Engineering, which is a sideline to Computer Engineering - both my daughters are therapists (NOT gender dyphoria trained) - and they call me Elizabeth - sighhh - totally supportive.

(7) Hobbies - I collect antique kerosene lamps and rebuild them. I have over a hundred beautiful lamps. Someday I will accidently burn the house down! I love it when we have an electricl power failure!

(8) Heritage - I am 1/4 Native American - Melungeun - a multiracial mixture of Portuguise, escaped black slaves, and Irquois - a subculture of the Cherokee. For years it was a big family secret! The JINKINS line goes back five generations as blacksmith's - grandfather, ggrandfather, gggrandfather, ggggrandfather, gggggrandgather. My father was a gunsmith. On my mother's side her grandfather and ggrandfather married sisters. My ggrandmother and my ggrandmother (step realated though).

(9) Music - I can whistle DIXIE - backwards! (like anyone can tell if you mess up!)

(10) My gift to future generations - untill I came along, for my children and their children = half their direct ancestors were men and half were women. Now they will have to show 49.5 male and 50.5 female.

1. I came to this post earlier and couldn't think of anything weird about myself to put ;)<_<

2. Sometimes when no one is in i practice my deep voice and present my own invisible radio show.... <_<

3. Sometimes i talk to my dog and reply for her...

4. Every night before i sleep i go into my head and become a psychiatrist who helps his patients. He goes home to a neat looking home and lives on his own with a dog. Each night i come up with new scenarios in my head for me as "Dr Matthias <.....>" to deal with.... <_<

5. I have intellectual conversations with my dog, the TV or posters on my wall, when i am bored...

6. When i was younger and going through a phase, i made myself fake cigarettes in which i pretended to be addicted to. I still have them around my room today <_<

7. I secretly (not so secretly now ;) ) don't mind that my hair has started to go gray, because i feel it shows wisdom...

8. The above statement is so true that if it wasn't turning gray, I'd possibly dye my hair gray in a few years time.....

9. I still have urges to go outside and play a cowboy game i used to play....

10. I want a pet pig called 'babe' that talks. And I've wanted one since i was little and watched the first 'babe' film. I cried when mum said i couldn't get a talking pig...

Guest Donna Jean

1 ) I collect Ladybugs...(stuffed, glass, pictures,,,etc...)

2 ) I flew in the Vietnam war all over the country wearing female underwear beneath my flight suit!

3 ) I have no problem at 30,000 ft...but, I'm scared to get on a ladder to clean my gutters...

4 ) I sleep with a TV on just so there is someone with me....

5 ) I can rebuild a car, truck or motorcycle engine, but I won't for fear of getting grease on my hands or breaking a nail..

6 ) Like Lizzy, I also owned a Porche 914...never wrecked it, but had it up to 135 MPH once...

7 ) For lunch I love to eat unheated Campbell's Chicken Noodle soup out of the can!

8 ) I can play 9 instruments...

9 ) I've had 5 mothers....

10 ) My left leg used to be 1.5" shorter than the other and I walked with a cane..got both hips replaced and now I'm fine!

Geez...this list scares me...I shouldn't of done this where I can see it all at the same time!

Donna Jean

Guest Nicodeme

1. I keep a large stack of unicorn coloring pages nearby a lot of the time. I feel like I'm one of the few people on earth nowadays who seriously likes unicorns and thinks they are ridiculously awesome. My favorite tools for coloring them in are Rose Art Rainbow Stix (for their manes) and Crayola Crayons. (Though sometimes I use highlighters, Crayola Markers and colored pencils of any brand, depending on the complexity of what I'm doing.) I've done some incredibly detailed and careful color jobs that I'd be totally happy to scan/take a photo of and post here if anyone's interested. :]

2. My favorite after-school snack is toast with nutella and a milkshake. I usually only have the milkshake because I want something cold with more flavor than milk or water, and I don't usually have juice or soda. I rarely drink milk unless it's with cookies or brownies (and then it's usually a dip) or it's chocolate or 2% or higher. I always, always drink milk out of heavy, ceramic mugs my mom rescued from a pizza shop.

3. My now-girlfriend sort of seduced me into joining the Toy Soldiers (street team for Dr. Steel.)

4. I'm usually not attracted to girls, and my girlfriend doesn't even really have boobs yet. (She's trans and pre-everything.) But my hands keep finding their way there. (And to some of her other curves...) A lot of her friends will sarcastically grab her where her bra pokes through her shirt, but I'm the only one that does that without her getting annoyed. XD

5. I pierced my own ears the second and third times without even whimpering, even though when I got them pierced the first time I was inconsolable and bawling. At the moment my right ear with two piercings has a blue faux gem stud and a small pink stud (obviously representing the fact that I'm trans), and my left ear (3 piercings) in addition to a found hoop that I always wear, (which you can see in my profile picture, except there it's in my right ear) has two chatoyant studs, one large orange one and one small blue one. I tilted the blue one so the streak runs vertically, and they look like Jupiter and Uranus.

6. Not surprisingly, I'm kind of a nerd. I was one of my teacher's favorites during astronomy. My nickname in the Toy Soldiers is, fittingly enough, Space Cadet Hedo.

7. I'm working on my second book. I published the first one online instead of in print.

8. I definitely don't plan on being public about it when I get pregnant, but if the media does find out about me, I wanna go on Ellen. My girlfriend and I joke about how if I'm not passing when we have kids, the neighbors will have a conversation that goes:

"Honey, the lesbians next door are pregnant!"

"Which one?"

"The Butch one..."

9. I want to run a family day care (so it's from my house.) when I have my own little kids. After that I want to be a gender specialist and help people through the "gate." That's my way of giving back to the population and communities within it.

10. My dream house will have a big 1950's kitchen with candy-apple red appliances and metal countertops; the idea is so that when the metal nicks, scratches, and patinas, it'll slowly start to look as if the Cold War turned lukewarm. I also want a Victorian, seahorse-themed bathroom with a clawfoot tub and a pull-chain toilet. I'm completely serious about this.

I'm going to try to keep it under 10 just so I don't have a 239472034983-item long list. Haha.

Guest Flistan

LOL all of these are AMAZING.

HOLY CRAP Evan posted something about himself! ^.^ Points to me for making him do it!

Gin: 8D ...who told you? >.> <.<

Nicodeme: Lol nice list. ^.^ Love the Ellen one. Will you be dancing? :D

These are all seriously awesome. Yay to the gamers and writers! *w00t*

Wow,

Thank you all for making me feel normal! Boringly normal. Probably couldn't get a list of two. But keep it up - I'm getting some ideas here!

Love, Kat

Guest Mirei

Here are mine! Took me quite a while to come up with them though so I am not too abnormal I hope!

1. When I was in high school when methylchloroisothiazolinone was thought to be carcinogenic for a while, I kept telling my friends to watch out for it in shampoos and handwashes and stuff (just to show off the name)

2. I've never drunk coffee or beer in my entire life

3. I write, use the joystick and scissors with my right hand, but use the mouse, chopsticks and most other things with my left

4. Some of the passwords I use are the results of fairly strange calculations, bashed into and then intermingled with some letters (so they tend to look like a random string from nowhere)

5. I boil all the water I drink at home - a habit from my home country - but I don't mind if it's not boiled when I eat out

6. I didn't know some of the most common swearwords in my native language until I was 15

7. I still keep a Maltesers box from when I was in primary school

8. I don't like the taste of table sugar (sucrose), but are fine with other types of sugars (fructose, maltose, dextrose...) or even artificial sweeteners

9. I remembered 50 digits of pi because I was really bored one day in a maths class when I was in third form and my textbook had the digits (it turned out to have an extra wrong digit though)

10. I used to think most of the things they taught during sex education was all a lie and it wasn't real

Mirei

Guest JustShelly

1. I am actually female, shhhh do not tell anyone

2. I rock alot of times when I sit, always did this as a child.

3. It seems that when I look at the time it always seems to be__:11 very strange indeed its now 6:11 or it was. Yes this really does seem to happen so much.

4. I hold my pencil in between my index and middle finger, supported by thumb. I was taught this way years ago and still write that way, I can hold it either way though.

5. I spit when I talk, YES that real bothers me. It only started happening a couple of years ago.

6. I am constantly cold, FREEZING, like now. I always have been like that and hrt hasn't helped, thats for sure!

7. I can curl my lip like Elvis Presley, I pretend to pull on a long hair and curl my lip at the same time. My kids get a kick out of that.

8. I have one memory of my life when I was 3-4 yrs of age. I fell out of a shopping cart trying to kiss a girl. I landed on my head, my mom took me to the hospital. Ever since that day I have always felt I was a girl NO JUST JOKING!!! but who knows?

9. I drink literally 20-30 cups of coffee a day, sun up to bed time. If I am going somewhere more then an hour, I must bring thermous. I wasn't always that way. DIVORCE!!!!

This is getting hard and I am WIERD so it shouldn't be

10. I did not know what LFMAO meant, I do now, but still have a hard time with many others.

Now that it took me twenty minutes to do this, I could probably add to it, but I already feel strange enough! <_<

Oh one other one. I spell check everything I post anywhere, this message only came up with one. WOW!

Guest scooby

here is the weird stuff about me-

1-i know hedgehogs are tickilish-i know this as ive tickeled one!!!i have no idea why i did this-but yes-they are tickilish on their belly-[hedgehogs are one of my favourate animals]

2-i once risked my life by running into a busy road at nightime to save a hedgehog from being run over-and yes i did save him-and yes-i was sworn at badly by people in cars!

3-i absouloutly adore little music boxes-[old ones]

4-i love bells-the little tinkly ones that you can find in the haberdashieries-i have lots and i love running then through my hands!

5-if i see snails in unsafe places-i pick them up and put them in safe places!

6-i love old paintboxes-the metal ones with a picture on the front[childrens ones]-i love looking at all the colours and the smell!

7-i love fairgroung carosels-and i can go round and round for ages!

8-i love old fashioned games-like snakes and ladders-marbles and tiddly winks-they have to be well made though-

9-i like victoriana-and i sometimes dream that i look good in victorian male clothes-and i finally get to meet my princess and shes in victorian dress-this is pure and loving thoughts-not some kink stuff-theres a big diffrence!and i would marry her and live happy ever after!

10-my weierdest thought is-i get to live in a world that is tottally accepting-and theres no nastyness[this makes me cry]

scooby x

Guest Pica Pica

I always wear pyjamas whenever I can, these are frequently big flannelette affairs designed for serious cosy slouching. I want some footed ones.

I live in confusion and chaos, nothing is ever planned or organised and I rarely have any idea of what day it is or where my boots are - but my cds, books and films are rigorously catalogued.

I only wear Doctor Martin boots and have done since I was fifteen. I now have a purple and a black pair (with pink laces).

I am so obsessed with the eighteenth century that I sometimes use archaic words or refer to scandals or events that happened two-hundred-and-fifty years ago. I also see streets with almost ghostly images of the C18th streets laid over the top of them. So far this year I have read only one book written in the last two and a half centuries.

My ligaments are attached wrongly to my knees meaning I have a duck-walk.

There is a song for every occasion, and I’ll usually remember the lyrics to them.

I only accepted gravity three years ago, but in my defence that is because someone actually explained it to me and didn’t just say something along the lines of ‘it’s a magic power that pulls people towards the Earth’. However, I still can’t understand why a huge nuclear explosion millions of miles away can burn and send head for all that distance and then get blocked by some clouds.

I spent my teen years in a college training ministers of the United Reformed Church - during this time my family lived in the loft of the principal, my Dad’s office was a second bathroom with a board over the sink as a desk, the books in the bath and a working loo next to the office chair. One day our washing line was taken up and a temporary bookshop put in its place.

I have had a lot of jobs - these have included taking pictures of people in historical costume (and then photoshopping them doing things - including riding unicorns). I have had a job as a zombie, I have also had to jump out of rubbish bags. My first job when I was thirteen was sitting in an airtight vault with the door open, rubbing cow fat onto ancient books.

I am a keen reader and writing my second novel - but I hate poems with a passion.

Guest thefireship

I'm game!

1) I was homecoming queen at my very tiny *insert religion here* high school.

2) I was in both the boy scouts and the girl scouts.

3) Since I was a kid, I've had reoccurring dreams where I'm a spy, get caught and am executed by the enemy. I like these dreams.

4) My fear of murky water is really strong. So strong, that the one time I fell off a dock while casting a line, I didn't hit the water. I have no recollection of the fall, only that I blinked and realized that I had a ton of barnacles digging into my skin from the piling I'd wrapped myself around. (I didn't drop the pole either!)

5) Lightening hit some power lines above my head once. Since then, if I try and wear a watch it dies within a week. Car clocks, within a year. If there's the least amount of static electricity around, oh I'll know. *zap*

6) When pumping gas I make sure it ends on an odd number.

7) I'm organized to rather disturbing degrees. (At least with my own stuff.)

8) I have burned about 3 years (5 books total) worth of my own journals in one sitting. (I wasn't upset and have no regrets. I was simply tired of the nagging concern that someone would read junk I wrote during some rather awkward times in my life.)

9) Friends give me their teeth when they lose them/have them removed because I am weird and put them in a jar. (I think I was meant to be a scientist...)

10) The strangest thing on my desk right now is a small jar filled with water.. and fleas that my cat decided to 'give' me. (Hey, a guy gets tired of having to get up to flush them when in the middle of a good writing session!)