• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A Bold Move

Guest Sakura_Stingray

Guest Sakura_Stingray

In college composition class i have written an essay about my life and my overcoming challenges, and how i want to change my sex, and the psycological reason behind it....i have become good at understanding people, i have been counceling some people in online rpg forums and chat to deal with personal problems.....so here is an unliscenses ameature bolding herself to an essay in hopes i would not run from my fear!!!!....besides the essay is of "what point in your life made a major change in you"....teacher said it can be true or made up...if anything goes down i would say it was false.....XD

Guest savagedm

I am so tempted to do the same in my second to last english paper... I dont know how the teacher will receive it though ><

Guest o0tg0o

hehe, i kinda realized that I was just about to write my very last "autobiography" papers you write in the beginning of the semester of college classes...so I decided to write at least one "true" autobiography. It was for my Media Ethics class, so ya know, out of anybody, i would trust him to not overreact. lol.

Well, the teacher's also the chairperson of our school department...and well, he's keeping it underwraps like i mentioned in the paper, but he knows. ;) He's awesome.

I'd say, writing something like that in a educational institute is a good thing to do. By law, they already can't discriminate you, and besides, I'm noticing in college, there's far more people who can understand your situation far more than those not educated...(obviously)

I was scared writing it the first time around, but now that I've done it, I'm glaaaad I did :) ...besides, when you write down those thoughts, you might learn a thing or two.

Guest Rika-chama

Haha in Psychology class I wrote an 8 page paper about GID and transsexuality. I must say I quite enjoyed writing that paper :lol:

Ni-paa~

Guest Sakura_Stingray

i realy was scared after i wrote it....the teacher was not in class that day she was ill so i sliped the papeer under her door....... so im kinda scared to see how she would react....she might give me a zero lol

Guest Rika-chama

I'm sure she won't give you a zero just because of what you wrote about and if she does you can get her in trouble for that. Anyways make sure to tell us how good ya did ;)

Ni-paa~

Guest Sakura_Stingray

i have to wait till next thursday.....this week is spring break x.x didnt know that..i never went on spring break vacations...and from wbat i seen i dont think i would want to

Guest o0tg0o

i...wow, if she gives you a zero just because you wrote about being trans...it makes me almost wanna fly there to rip her head off. if it happens.

But in all honesty, I think it should be fine in educational facilities like an University...

Guest Just_Call_Me_Nick
I'm sure she won't give you a zero just because of what you wrote about and if she does you can get her in trouble for that. Anyways make sure to tell us how good ya did ;)

Ni-paa~

I too agree....she would be in alot of trouble for such... :angry: The whole point of the paper was expression...and that is what you did...

Yes please let us know how it went...

Nick~

Guest savagedm

You could pull the discrimination card if she does that ;) GL with the paper though! I'm really interested to see how it goes!

~Brooke

Guest Sakura_Stingray

when i get it back either a bad grade or not ill type it on a topic so everyone can see it....^.^ and depending on how well the essay is im goin to have my mom read it instead of talking about it....i had calcium deficency as a child and as a result when my baby teeth came in it fell out in a few days...it forced me to be uncomunicatable to people till i was age 8 when my adul teeth came in....so i have been comunicating for 12 years now....i have 8 years of social scaredom so i canot express myself in my voice...no confidence in it..i truely feel myself when i type....people say typeing with their emotion and action is a front of their true self.....with me i feel the opposit...i have nodiced because of this words hrough the net or almost any text gets to me more emotionaly then irl speech

Guest savagedm
when i get it back either a bad grade or not ill type it on a topic so everyone can see it....^.^ and depending on how well the essay is im goin to have my mom read it instead of talking about it....i had calcium deficency as a child and as a result when my baby teeth came in it fell out in a few days...it forced me to be uncomunicatable to people till i was age 8 when my adul teeth came in....so i have been comunicating for 12 years now....i have 8 years of social scaredom so i canot express myself in my voice...no confidence in it..i truely feel myself when i type....people say typeing with their emotion and action is a front of their true self.....with me i feel the opposit...i have nodiced because of this words hrough the net or almost any text gets to me more emotionaly then irl speech

I would suggest taking a public speaking course... also if you ever find yourself in southern cali, message me before you come on either here, msn, or aim *my contact info is in my profile*. I have been trained for several years in public oratory and speech writing, I could potentially help you out with the confidence thing a bit. The best way to learn though is to just get up there and go for it. Always have a general idea of what you are going to say, but never read... in social situations that is a whole 'nother demon. Just be outgoing and get people to talk about themselves a lot, it will make you seem very empathetic, people will like you, and it will teach you how to speak as well when you are put on the spot!

Hope that helps!

~Brooke

Guest Sakura_Stingray

i have taken a public speaking course...infact since the 2nd grade i have been in a special speech program to help children speak and understand thuroughly....2nd grade to 12 grade and a course in college.....speaking is just not for me heh x.x

• 3 weeks later...