• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

History Of The Playground From My Perspective

Guest karen_h

Guest karen_h

i first stumbled on to the playground 2 and a half years ago. my first contact was bad i was kicked for typing too slow, ain't that amazing. but i came back and was accepted why i don't know, i was a pain from the begining

, then i met shar and becky ann whjere we formed laueas angels we were an offset to teeg at the time and i am sure we caused laura much stress. then shar and i brought up the concept of the conn which laura at first was wary those in charge of the rooms then hated the concept it userpt their power. laura decided to try our concept of the conn with great trepidation but aftwer a week it was shown to work the powers that were wen't on a rampage to stop it maligning me shar and laura but we persivered and the conn has worked and the site has grown. point of this is simpl,e ideas can benifit the site so please if you have one pass it on. i will post more site history as i get around to putting it in a readable form i'm not good at doing this type of thing so my apologies if i'm hard to read

Guest karen_h

chapter 2: as the playground grew so did our problems. growth ment more users and the mods were stretched thin. besides the suicide course all mods take an extra training program for mods was developed. and as we found them more canidates for mod were sent to laura for approval.

this process has insured we have the best people in the rooms.and as such we are the#3 ts chat fastly heading toward $1. again i ramble but i have a lot of history to put together tomorrow i will try to post some of the humourus happenings again tks for letting me ramble

• 2 weeks later...
Guest karen_h

ok here i go again as the room grew so did the problems we dealt with where crisis were very limited they began to increase as the site grew. laura began to realize changes were needed and shar and i were thorns in her side suggesting them. i do believe at times we may have helped laura toward an ulcer. but our intentions were god, shar bcky and i formed a core of mods that we called lauras angels, and i do believe we helped a lot of ppl

. our methods were unorthodox but they worked.

along the way we have met some unusual ppl that i wanted to share with you about and some situations that were humourous.all names though will remain annon. in the old days we had a mod who would always leave thru the windows of the chgat, we have virtual description of the chat room if anyone is interested . it was a running joke about breaking out the windows. never enough money in the budget for replacement

.we had a user ,although his chat was course was always a trip and usually he was inebrieated, he was fun to chat with cause he wanted to argue but he couldn't win

..and last but not least was our user who claimed that her feet were getting smaller and more feminine, she alsocame into the room to infoirm us of goood news, such as "i got a new bra", and would cary such into the crisis rooms.

today we are much milder the last major thing was the great mackerel and red snapper slap fight everyone one except the fish. thanks again for letting me go on and as i come up with more i'll post

.karen

well, karen....laura's angels seems to fit just fine. what you guys do over there is chat takes a very special gift indeed. you may be #3 in numbers or something, but in dedication and purpose you are #1 <period> thank you for all you do. lotsa love and hope, pj.......oh....be kind to laura, she is my age...that is....chronologically mature. serve up your ideas with a piece of chocolate and a bottle of malox. thank you. pj

Guest karen_h

ok here we go with round 4. when chat site was ewvamped came a lot of headaches and problems. no one under stood the new icon set up and we could no longer use the fnick command to designate who had the conn in the room. so shar and i came up with the idea guest speaker which was a green icon would be used and it worked well. meantime the profile system went down and i doubt it will return. then we got the fnick command back and the conn teturned so the green icon was retired.

then one dark and foggy nite i looked at the staff page for current updates and found i was now a vp and so was shar, so we brought back the green icon to differentiate us from other mods, laura thenadded supervisors as we approved and as she did too and they were allowed to become green. now we have a dedicated staff in chat that gives their all and the one thing that we ha ve learned out of this is teamwork the mods all work together for the users benifit, and as we grow we will continue to do so. once again tks for letting me ramble on. i think this will conclude the narative for the present. karen

Guest SharleahLynn
chapter 2: as the playground grew so did our problems. growth ment more users and the mods were stretched thin. besides the suicide course all mods take an extra training program for mods was developed. and as we found them more canidates for mod were sent to laura for approval.

this process has insured we have the best people in the rooms.and as such we are the#3 ts chat fastly heading toward $1. again i ramble but i have a lot of history to put together tomorrow i will try to post some of the humourus happenings again tks for letting me ramble

Fastly headed toward $1 ??? See there , I keep telling you that you demented. No Worries ya'll , we live under the same roof LOL

SharleahLynn

Guest SharleahLynn
ok here i go again as the room grew so did the problems we dealt with where crisis were very limited they began to increase as the site grew. laura began to realize changes were needed and shar and i were thorns in her side suggesting them. i do believe at times we may have helped laura toward an ulcer. but our intentions were god, shar bcky and i formed a core of mods that we called lauras angels, and i do believe we helped a lot of ppl

. our methods were unorthodox but they worked.

along the way we have met some unusual ppl that i wanted to share with you about and some situations that were humourous.all names though will remain annon. in the old days we had a mod who would always leave thru the windows of the chgat, we have virtual description of the chat room if anyone is interested . it was a running joke about breaking out the windows. never enough money in the budget for replacement

.we had a user ,although his chat was course was always a trip and usually he was inebrieated, he was fun to chat with cause he wanted to argue but he couldn't win

..and last but not least was our user who claimed that her feet were getting smaller and more feminine, she alsocame into the room to infoirm us of goood news, such as "i got a new bra", and would cary such into the crisis rooms.

today we are much milder the last major thing was the great mackerel and red snapper slap fight everyone one except the fish. thanks again for letting me go on and as i come up with more i'll post

.karen

Hey , I'm the only unorthodox one out of the group lol

SharleahLynn

Guest SharleahLynn
ok here we go with round 4. when chat site was ewvamped came a lot of headaches and problems. no one under stood the new icon set up and we could no longer use the fnick command to designate who had the conn in the room. so shar and i came up with the idea guest speaker which was a green icon would be used and it worked well. meantime the profile system went down and i doubt it will return. then we got the fnick command back and the conn teturned so the green icon was retired.

then one dark and foggy nite i looked at the staff page for current updates and found i was now a vp and so was shar, so we brought back the green icon to differentiate us from other mods, laura thenadded supervisors as we approved and as she did too and they were allowed to become green. now we have a dedicated staff in chat that gives their all and the one thing that we ha ve learned out of this is teamwork the mods all work together for the users benifit, and as we grow we will continue to do so. once again tks for letting me ramble on. i think this will conclude the narative for the present. karen

It ain't easy being Green.

There is always improving needed to be done to the RM Training Manual . I update it with curves to keep all staff off gaurd , this way the RM that I would be training , couldm't possably know what to expect and there is new items added for the benefit of making us the best protected site in the Universe.

At the moment, our crisis situation is in an idle time, Let us pray it remains that way. If it don't , all any staff has to do is holler , and I will come in and survey things as well as observe. I will jump in if it is a level 1 Crisis that appears to be going sour for the RM handling it. When I take on a Crisis , I go full throttle and do not let up untill I know in my heart and soul that the person is out of danger. Karen can attest to this first hand. I do not do quitting on anyone. Quitting is Failing , and I do not do failure. I think my record speaks for itself with 206 saves and not 1 loss. The only reason it is that way , is because I have the ultimate respect for life , and I am constantly holding my positivity at 2000% , I allow nothing negative in my life , and sure won't where there is a life on the line . Although there is nothing special about me, I will always be the first to stand to defend the Boss and the COMPLETE site .

Love and hugs to ALL

SharleahLynn

Guest karen_h
It ain't easy being Green.

There is always improving needed to be done to the RM Training Manual . I update it with curves to keep all staff off gaurd , this way the RM that I would be training , couldm't possably know what to expect and there is new items added for the benefit of making us the best protected site in the Universe.

At the moment, our crisis situation is in an idle time, Let us pray it remains that way. If it don't , all any staff has to do is holler , and I will come in and survey things as well as observe. I will jump in if it is a level 1 Crisis that appears to be going sour for the RM handling it. When I take on a Crisis , I go full throttle and do not let up untill I know in my heart and soul that the person is out of danger. Karen can attest to this first hand. I do not do quitting on anyone. Quitting is Failing , and I do not do failure. I think my record speaks for itself with 206 saves and not 1 loss. The only reason it is that way , is because I have the ultimate respect for life , and I am constantly holding my positivity at 2000% , I allow nothing negative in my life , and sure won't where there is a life on the line . Although there is nothing special about me, I will always be the first to stand to defend the Boss and the COMPLETE site .

Love and hugs to ALL

SharleahLynn

we all know what you do and you do it very well you are an integrial part of playground history and your place therin is special

Guest SharleahLynn

UMMMMMMM, What can I say , I'm just a simple country girl doing what I do best. That is putting me on hold to help out another person . I have always been told that everything is on a wheel , what goes around , comes back around . You get returned what you put in to anything that you set out to do . I rest my case , court adjourned lol

SharleahLynn

I remember those days LOL. My gf kept breaking the windows, and I would keep fixing them, I tended to fix anything that broke. ^_^ i remember that skittles were banned too, don't know why you would ban a yummy candy like that though... <.< :lol:

That was over a year ago O.O

~Mani

Guest karen_h

i didn't ban the skittles shar did and it was because the rocket powered skittles launcher jammed after some one loaded it with anchovies lol

Guest SharleahLynn
now adays the room is limited to reeses pieces and moldy mackerel flounders are also allowed on tuesdays and thursdays :D

Karen , your demented launching material for the launcher is gonna sooner or later cause it to malfunction, leaving us defensless. Leave the stinking fish for the catapult.

SharleahLynn :banghead:

Guest SharleahLynn
If it breaks I'll just fix it or get you an even better one.... now don't go breaking it just so you can get a better launcher! :lol:

Knowing Karen as good as I do , she will do her best to over run it with dementedness. Just to get a new launcher :lol:

SharleahLynn