• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Height

Guest Chance

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Flint

• Sally

• Carolyn Marie

• Remus

• Admin
Truthfully, though....I know a number of genetic males that are 5' 0" to 5' 5"

Donna Jean

I thought I heard someone call my name. Oh, Dee Jay, it was you. :P

Yeah, I've been there and done that for over 50 years. It sux, but what can you do?

Specialty stores and tailors, guys. You'll get to know them real well. <_<

Carolyn Marie

Guest Tayler

I guess for the most part I gave up on feeling down about my height. So what I'm only 5'3 well I finished high school at 5'0 thought for a long time growing up that I would be doomed using the step later to do dishes or cook. For me it became fun being smaller then others it gives me the chance to say "I need you to give me this this and that over there, no to your left no too far yes that." If you act tall or rather give yourself a bigger presence then people see you as such. On my off days I feel small so people treat me as if I am. My girl friend is 5'8 she can stand behind me and rest her chin on top of my head perfectly more like I have a wind blocker at concerts when it gets chilly.

On a side note I have gotten more flack for my shoe size then my height growing up. Before my feet were too big size ten in ninth grade... I was in choir the only time my mother could force girl shoes on me. In boys I am a size nine considered small on the shoe size people like to point this out when I am asking questions about a brand in the shoe store.

Guest Evan_J
Specialty stores and tailors, guys. You'll get to know them real well. <_<

Yes I want to be 6'2" (may the "tall gods" hear me) but I actually enjoy being "known" at the tailors. The guy I like keeps "a book" of his regular customers. I like being in "the book". I feel important B) ; "I'm dropping these off for [insert name], I'm in his book".

<--has an ego

Guest My_Genesis
I guess for the most part I gave up on feeling down about my height. So what I'm only 5'3 well I finished high school at 5'0 thought for a long time growing up that I would be doomed using the step later to do dishes or cook. For me it became fun being smaller then others it gives me the chance to say "I need you to give me this this and that over there, no to your left no too far yes that." If you act tall or rather give yourself a bigger presence then people see you as such. On my off days I feel small so people treat me as if I am. My girl friend is 5'8 she can stand behind me and rest her chin on top of my head perfectly more like I have a wind blocker at concerts when it gets chilly.

On a side note I have gotten more flack for my shoe size then my height growing up. Before my feet were too big size ten in ninth grade... I was in choir the only time my mother could force girl shoes on me. In boys I am a size nine considered small on the shoe size people like to point this out when I am asking questions about a brand in the shoe store.

I have a friend who's a bio-guy and he's about 5'10", he's a thin guy weighs about as much as I do and I'm like 3-4 inches shorter than he is.. he told me on the BMI scale he's underweight. But anyways he's an 8.5 in guys' shoes and his shoes fit me perfectly. The fact we have the same shoe size makes me wish I could be the same height as him as well <_< but perhaps I will get one last growth spurt on T like I said....

Isn't the average men's size like a 10?

Guest B.heard

Everything on Everyone come's in all shapes and sizes and that is the truth.

I don't have to much of a height worry I guess I come in at about average at 5'10 but I can tell you now I grew an inch since T and Im in my 30's guys so god knows it can happen and if you younger the more you will grow anyways, Also I have size 6 feet they never did grow <_< and the taller you are the more that stands out BUT there is always a bright side to these things.. with smaller feet for a guy I can often either buy great shoes for cheap in sales as those sizes are left over OR I can buy kids shoes for cheap or tax free haha .. aslo alot of my asain friends really dig my feet, small feet is an attractive feature for that culture so love what you have.

As for your shirts and shoulders again do worry to much Ive noticed lately many of my own shirts that used to be lose are now fitting or some even tight at the shoulders from T and gym they are about 3 inches wider now so that will also sort it's self out in time.

Bottom line is yes alot of FtM's do come up on the shorter side to bio male's over all BUT and it's a big BUT in your life in your pond and circle of friends / family how many FtM's are there? for many of you you'r going to be the only one there so being shorter isnt going to 'out' you as a FtM difference or be a hang up your just going to be the shorter regular guy in there life.. so just get used to that attitude and no one else will question it.

Guest My_Genesis
I grew an inch since T and Im in my 30's guys so god knows it can happen and if you younger the more you will grow anyways

That's cool, I hope I grow a bit on T.

Guest Evan_J
Everything on Everyone come's in all shapes and sizes and that is the truth.

I don't have to much of a height worry I guess I come in at about average at 5'10 but I can tell you now I grew an inch since T and Im in my 30's guys so god knows it can happen and if you younger the more you will grow anyways, Also I have size 6 feet they never did grow <_< and the taller you are the more that stands out BUT there is always a bright side to these things.. with smaller feet for a guy I can often either buy great shoes for cheap in sales as those sizes are left over OR I can buy kids shoes for cheap or tax free haha .. aslo alot of my asain friends really dig my feet, small feet is an attractive feature for that culture so love what you have.

As for your shirts and shoulders again do worry to much Ive noticed lately many of my own shirts that used to be lose are now fitting or some even tight at the shoulders from T and gym they are about 3 inches wider now so that will also sort it's self out in time.

Bottom line is yes alot of FtM's do come up on the shorter side to bio male's over all BUT and it's a big BUT in your life in your pond and circle of friends / family how many FtM's are there? for many of you you'r going to be the only one there so being shorter isnt going to 'out' you as a FtM difference or be a hang up your just going to be the shorter regular guy in there life.. so just get used to that attitude and no one else will question it.

**is personally keeping a copy of this post. Thank you

Guest Batsu Maru Otoko Yo!

I'm glad I'm not shorter than I am...I'm 5'6" or so. Fortunately for me, I like girls who are taller than me! If I really do grow an inch or two on T, though, that would be fabulous...I'm 23, so I'm not sure how much I would grow but...a guy can hope!

Shoes are more of a problem, honestly, although that's getting better. I used to be a size 7, which is that frustrating size in between boys' and men's shoes, so there were never more than about 2 pairs of shoes that would fit me. Somehow or other, before I even started T my feet started getting bigger and now I can wear like an 8 or 8.5, so that's super exciting.

I do have to get my clothing tailored, though. I can hem my own dress pants and stuff (the best part about doing girly things!), but for jeans I'm afraid I'd break my needles or my sewing machine, so I take them to the nice Korean lady for hemming. I need to bring her my dress shirts too, but I'm poor. Am I the only one who can't wait to get a good steady not-college job so I can buy nice clothes and get them tailored to fit me? That's like...my goal in life right now. Nice clothes that fit!

my goal in life right now. Nice clothes that fit!

Well I for one do always say "It's better to have nice clothes that fit rather than nice clothes that don't....fit... <_<" or as I sometimes say "It's better to have nice clothes that fit, rather than horrible clothes that fit...."

Guest Chance

Yeah. Always the clothes. And the shoes. Its like people don't think about the shorter folks in the world. Bleh.

If its possible to grow a little on T, then I hope it happens. Even the littlest bit helps.

Guest B.heard

" **is personally keeping a copy of this post. Thank you "

** Becomes Evan's person cheer leader (>* ")>* *<(" *<) baha xD

Guest joey

Height is one of my biggest deep-thought-process starters. I think about this a lot and it bothers me a lot too. I always feel like it's one more way I won't measure up to bio males. Though I look at it this way, most men in my family are short and have tall wives. Plus, short people are cool. :)

Guest Evan_J
Height is one of my biggest deep-thought-process starters. I think about this a lot and it bothers me a lot too. I always feel like it's one more way I won't measure up to bio males. Though I look at it this way, most men in my family are short and have tall wives. Plus, short people are cool. :)

If I could I would have all you guys spend a week in my neighborhood. I live in an area where theres a heavy imigrant population. Almost all of you would be "average height" males. A few of you would be "tall" and genetic males would be looking up to you :blink: I dunno. I think it would be like a field trip (like from school?) if you could. You'd be cured.

PLUS having women (mates) shorter than you is over rated ;) -I have a hangup like that. I was always not wantin to date 5'9"women. I married my wife for a lot of reasons. Not the least of wich was that she was the kindest person I knew. She also was 5'2" -I thought that was so "cute". lol it wears off.

Guest ericab

ok lol me on the other hand hate how short i am. my girlfriend (who mtf) is 6'0 with out any heels lol imagine her with heels. and im 5'4. my girlfriend never complains about her height, she likes being so tall and she likes that im so short. when ever we go out i have to wear atleast 4' heels. life is not fair.......... <_<

Guest My_Genesis
PLUS having women (mates) shorter than you is over rated ;) -I have a hangup like that. I was always not wantin to date 5'9"women. I married my wife for a lot of reasons. Not the least of wich was that she was the kindest person I knew. She also was 5'2" -I thought that was so "cute". lol it wears off.

I hate when women are taller than me! Especially women I like! I know it's stupid cuz it's not like I'll ever be with them (like, celebrities that I like who are taller than me) lol. But something about women I like being taller than me just bugs me. It kinda hurts my male ego, feels emasculating. :/

Guest Cricket

My height (5'3") used to bug the heck out of me but now it doesn't really get to me anymore. My finacee thinks it's cute, even. My height combined with my face make me look like I'm 13, but when people make comments about it I either laugh and say, "Well, then when I'm 55 I'll look like I'm 30!" or make a joke about it, like, "Yeah, I get carded for everything, alcohol, candy, Disney movies ..." and then everybody laughs and nobody notices or cares anymore. I'm lucky enough that the shortest pants cut fits but those can be hard to find, but that's okay, I hate shopping for clothes and just mix up the same 10 things to make different outfits. xD

One of the head chefs at my school is only 5'6", but he has the most respect out of ANYONE there. He's second only to the school president. It's in his attitude. The way he holds himself and interacts with people demands respect, and he gets it. THAT'S what's important. Not your height, your attitude. The way you treat yourself and treat others. Treat others with kindness and respect and they will give you the same.

It's only a big deal if you MAKE it a big deal.

Guest Evan_J
But something about women I like being taller than me just bugs me. It kinda hurts my male ego, feels emasculating. :/

I know. I used to get that way. (Wait, still might. lol I dunno haven't dated anyone taller yet) But something about beign truely discouraged by someone you had such high hopes for who was and the "cute' evaporating.....

has the most respect out of ANYONE there. He's second only to the school president. It's in his attitude. The way he holds himself and interacts with people demands respect, and he gets it. THAT'S what's important. Not your height, your attitude. The way you treat yourself and treat others. Treat others with kindness and respect and they will give you the same.

It's only a big deal if you MAKE it a big deal.

Preach it!

Guest ScifiComicDUDE

5 "6" , a couple of sleepless nights here & there, but nothing i can really do about it

& life goes on.....

Guest Evan_J
dont hate me but im 5 foot 10 and still growing a bit

Dang leo, where you been? :P

As for the height thing: "showoff" :P:D

To MyGen: Leo is one like you, natural T. You don't want to know how much hair this boy has (and no, you can't show it on open forum lol).

Guest My_Genesis
To MyGen: Leo is one like you, natural T. You don't want to know how much hair this boy has (and no, you can't show it on open forum lol).

LOL not sure I want to see that...

yeah I was worried having high T levels would mean taking the girly pills, I know they gave somethin to Leo which I was hoping was not E but progesterone. I would hate being on estrogen pills... that's usually what they give to treat PCOS, which causes high T levels in female-bodied people.

Anyways, yeah Leo shows up outta nowhere just to show off. lol not cool Leo.

Guest Evan_J
yeah Leo shows up outta nowhere just to show off. lol not cool Leo.

;) Don't worry, we'll get him later when the girls aren't around lol **passes out the fish for the cornobbling.

Guest Max101796

OK I know this isn't helping, but I really feel bad for you guys. I guess I must be really lucky to be born in a tall family. I'm only a 7th grader(13 years old) , & I'm already 5'7". No joke. Just goes to show not all FTMs are short. Sorry if it sounds like I'm bragging. I don't mean it.