• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Songs That Make You Cry

Guest NatashaJade

Guest 91curiouskitten

Surrpisngly eminems snog from his new album I love the way you lie, I hate everythign about you by three days grace, and Everybody's fool by evenessence!

I can't believe nobody has mentioned this song.Eric Clapton Tears In HeavenThis song gets me every time especially if you know the background of the song. For those of you that don't know his son fell out of a hotel window and died.I am about to cry just thinking about that.

Fame and Fortune are no insurance against Tragedy.....

Solitaire - Carpenters

A Song for You - Carpenters ( actually most anything from the Carpenters)

Too teared up to type any more

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Distort

A lot of stuff by The Fray used to, but due to bad associations, now it just makes me want to strangle someone. I do miss it <_<

Of the top of my head... I Know Who You Could Be by Butcher Boy, Bother by Stone Sour, With Cold Eyes by boysetsfire, and the acoustic version of The Letter by Alexic.

Guest ChloëC

Well, Ashokan Farewell does it everytime (you know, Ken Burns 'Civil War' tune, but it was written about 1982 or so).

Over the Rainbow at the end of You've Got Mail. Garland's version is the best, of course, but this version fits the sequence.

The Three Bells in various versions. The Browns shorter one, Edith Piaf/Nana Mouscouri longer one.

And because I'm pretty much a spiritual person having a human experience, the Introit at Easter Service.

Hugs

Chloë

Guest harvester52

Gosh darn it... why'd I have to click LazyLinePainterJane's link? Now I'm cryin' my eyes out.

I noticed few FTM's posted here... but I'm a big softie, and I'll be the first to admit it. I cry at movies, songs... almost to the point it's dumb, and even being on testosterone for seven months hasn't changed it a bit. Here's my list:

There You'll Be - Faith Hill

Don't Take The Girl - Tim McGraw

Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone

Wild World - Cat Stevens

Because You Loved Me - Celine Dion

My Immortal - Evanescence

And newly added... "When She Loved Me" - Sarah McLachlan

Teary-eyed and broken-hearted,

BC

• 1 month later...

Don't Take The Girl - Tim McGraw

dude i seriously have to go far away out of hearing range when that song comes on. or else ill be a big ball of tears. lol its been that way ever since i remember.

dang song. dry.gif

• 1 month later...

I love this video, it makes me feel just as happy as it does sad. I saw someone mention Antony a few post back. i had to find one of his that also has the feeling of sadness and happiness. at least to me anyway.

I think that the words are what bring about sadness in the first vid, but the music adds contrast by being slightly upbeat as if trying to convey that sadness is passing. The second vid is all sadness, but at the same time the words are about looking back and allows the listener to contrast this by also looking forward. Or taking the position of being in a place, healthy and alive and with ability to reminisce. I find happiness in knowing i have the chance to look back at things in my own life that i miss good or bad, happy or sad.

• Forum Moderator

I'm old school :)

My all time favorite song , and yes it makes me cry is,

Bridge Over Troubled Water By Simon and Garfunkel :wub:

:wub: vanna

That one is great Vanna ! I am stuck in the way back machine here as well.

"I am a child" - Neil Young

Cindy -

• 1 month later...
Guest sleeping chrysalid

Linkin Park-Leave out all the rest

GNR-sweet child of mine

Tim Mcgraw-Dont take the girl

The first for the mistakes I've made and regret.

The second for the mistakes my father has made

The third because it reminds me of my mother

I havve only heard one of those songs because I just listen to anything I hear on the radio or what I hear my brothers listening to but sweet child of mine does make me cry.

Some random songs that make me cry include:

1. I Will Remember You by Sarah Mclachlan

2. You Found Me by The Fray

3. Seasons In the Sun by Terry Jacks

4. Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day

5. Lean on me (I'm not sure who sung the version I heard at random but it was sad)

I like music but I am not a fanatic which is probably why many of the songs mentioned are unfamiliar to me but I am sure I would cry for most of the songs mentioned if I heard them.

Guest ladyamy

Secondhand Serenade: its not over

Sarah Bareilles: Gravity

Petshop Boys Feat Dusty Springfield: What Have I Done To Deserve This

All special songs to me that made me tear up.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest piinyouri

Pyramaze - Legacy In a Rhyme

Blind Guardian - Carry The Blessed Home

Dream Theater - The Count of Tuscany (The last half is utterly brilliant)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 134 Guests (See full list)

• RaineOnYourParade
    • violet r
    • Justine76
    • Siobhan F
    • MirandaB
    • April Marie
    • Shennae