• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hairline

Guest tori319

Guest tori319

Has anyone had any changes to their hairline? I'm not old enough to recede yet but was wondering if i could have a more feminine hairline.

Guest Evan_J

Eeeeverybody's tryin to keep there hair today lol what is this , first the FtMs now you. Well, you're a lady, makes sense. Surprised Angie hasn't been over to confirm that yes, you likely will get it back if you lost it or not lose it if that was a possibility.

(wonders if the FtMs know the hair loss is usually related to being able to grow a beard......)

Evan

Guest viv

Anti androgens will be a big plus re hair growth <<Estrogen is kinda like the icing

on the cake as it thickens up what your growing ,,,,,those darn testosterone :banghead:

oh microbe sized enemies of us ladies !!!!!! thinning out our hair . Big cheer for

the blockers girls ,,,our friends for life :rolleyes: ,,,,,yep, blockers and Estrogen

will , with luck , give you a full head of flowing feminine hair Hun,,,,,luv, viv :)

Guest Donna Jean

I'm not sure how most of the FTM's around here feel about their hair .....

I can tell you that most genetic men do not want to lose it...

With FTM's it could be looked at as an affirmation thing, but many of the FTM's on this site have expressed that they don't want to lose theirs either....

Now, MTF....certainly don't want to lose it...don't want a high hair line....male pattern baldness or a bald spot on the top rear...

My hairline has been high since I was quite young, and I still get "Ma'am'd" while in neutral mode...Kinda like queen Victoria from long ago.

But I have the option of wigs and I choose to exercise that option.

And I want all MTF's to understand that while HRT may thicken hair up and such...there are rarely stories of it bringing back hair to areas where hair is completely gone...

I know that someone will say..."Mine came back to my temples.."...etc....

But, that is not the common scenario!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Guest tori319

Well I'm still a teen and not balding but I read somewhere on here that someone got a more feminine hairline,I don't know if they where balding before that though.

Guest TracieV3
Has anyone had any changes to their hairline? I'm not old enough to recede yet but was wondering if i could have a more feminine hairline.
The men in my family lose their hair early in life. The fact I still have most of my hair at my age is a miracle.

I have start using Kirkland Minoxidil 5% (generic of Rogain) Don't need a doctor for it. Just two drops a day on the scalp and rub it in.

It basically works by inhibiting the testosterone from shrinking the hair follicles on the scalp. The drugs for HRT for mtf work the same way for hair on the scalp.

It's only $30 for a six month supply on Amazon. And the only side-effect for topical use is dry itchy scalp, so I didn't see a down side to trying it.

I am just hoping it holds me over till I am able to get HRT.

Tracie