• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Telephone?

Guest CattalieChan

Guest CattalieChan

The music video for telephone by lady gaga apparently featured some trans women. Any more information or thoughts?

Amber

Guest CattalieChan
Is she? Anyone know?

Elizabeth Anne

NO!! She made this video partially to thwart these rumors. She is either not trans or intersexed, or she appreciates her stealth. What she may be is a lesbian, but that's it. Well, maybe a sexually expessive lesbian...Sorry if this seems rude, I don't mean it to be.

Amber

Guest Anna_Banana

Stefani Germanotta is not trans. Her music is highly-lauded by the LGBT community and she has embraced this with open arms, thus starting the rumors about her. I do not believe there was ever any conscious intention to appeal to the LGBT community, it just sort of happened.

>Anna

Guest Nicodeme
The music video for telephone by lady gaga apparently featured some trans women. Any more information or thoughts?

Amber

At least one of the women in question I think is the actress who played Mrs. Mann in the Scary Movie parody series. (Which is a terribly unfortunate role to have, but I guess I can't complain too much, seeing as she willingly took the role.) I think she was in either the first or the second one. I know she wasn't in any of the later movies.

She was the one signing onto the dating website as Gaga was being released.

I'm afraid I don't know who the other girl is, though.

Guest Hoslers_wife

She is neither trans nor gay. The gay community embraced her as an icon and rumors flew. I think she has it right VVVVV

Stefani Germanotta is not trans. Her music is highly-lauded by the LGBT community and she has embraced this with open arms, thus starting the rumors about her. I do not believe there was ever any conscious intention to appeal to the LGBT community, it just sort of happened.

>Anna