• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I'm Gay, But...

I like guys. Muchly. Yes, I mentally curse the cisbastards for being that lucky (my bad, I know), yes, I get jealous as all hell (hell hath no fury like a transman shortchanged by genetics) but yeah. I like girls, but not *like that*.

That said, I cannot help but oggle Marlene Dietrich in that suit she wore in Morocco. (http://gravybread.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/marlene_dietrich.jpg).

O...

M...

G...

And the female fighter pilot in Avatar...

I'm not jealous of them, nor do I want to jump their poor unsuspecting bones. But... :wub:

I'm not the only one, right? Right??

Guest Elizabeth K

Watching Avatar last night! Tht pilot - OH YES! I wanna be just like her! But, Neytiri. Neytiri, the main protagonist character? I so identify!!!

Elizabeth Anne

Guest mrgeof2m1991

I am not gay but Pansexual, so I can't completely say that I go through that. I know there are people that are gay/straight but find the opposite/same sex attractive. It doesn't mean anything. LOL I have some gay friends that are attracted to girls but don't want to be with them. Same the other way around. It's perfectly normal. :P

Guest hayden_jude

YES! I totally get you. I'm gay too, but for whatever reason, Jennifer Aniston will always be beautiful to me. I can't explain it. :)

Guest BrandonIThink

You're definately not alone on this one!

There's this girl (who happens to be pretty much my best friend) who I'm endlessly attracted to, but I would never want to be with. She's gorgeous, and I can't help but stare sometimes, but I would never want to be with her in that way, because she's my friend, but also because bottom line, I'm gay. I'm able to appreciate girls, and even be attracted to them, but that doesn't change my sexuality at the end of the day. I think it would hard to find a straight or gay person who can honestly say they've never been attracted to a member opposite their favoured gender.

(hell hath no fury like a transman shortchanged by genetics)

Infinitely true :P

Guest Cricket

I'm the same way but opposite! I am definitely straight as well as engaged, but I still think that Reid from Criminal Minds is sexy. (So does my fiancee.) Not really the actor, but the character he plays. Hooray for cute slightly awkward nerdy types! =P

Guest cael
(hell hath no fury like a transman shortchanged by genetics)

And the female fighter pilot in Avatar...

I'm not jealous of them, nor do I want to jump their poor unsuspecting bones. But... :wub:

I'm not the only one, right? Right??

okay i just watched avitar this weekend :mellow: lol the pilot sooooooo HOT! im bi... though i happen to be engaged and fully happy with my fiance who is a mtf

Guest My_Genesis

Hmm... well I identify as straight but some guy I know (we're not really close friends but acquaintances from our freshmen yr of college - we're sophomores now) said "Will Smith is the one guy I would do." And he's straight. I told another guy that he said that and everyone started spreading rumours that he's gay because of it. And the guy said, "nah, I think all [straight] guys have that one guy they would have sex with."

btw, there's an episode of two and a half men where Alan has a gay friend come visit and then through a series of events he starts wondering if he's gay. So he kisses his friend who goes "what are you doing?" and Alan says "just checking." and his friend is like "have you ever been attracted to a guy?" and he says "well.. george clooney." and his friend goes "that doesn't count." :P

I have yet to find "that one guy" myself lol... but yeah, I suppose that and the opposite scenario do make sense.

Guest Leigh

i'm not really sure about my sexuality, and i don't think i will be until i'm able to really "explore" it, as it should be, with me in the male role... this said, i think what you're feeling is completely normal.

and Avatar was an awesome movie.

peace&love

leigh

Guest thefireship

Oh man.. I hear ya. XD

Sigourney Weaver for me, particularly from the Alien series. *siiiiiiiigh* I would rid the universe of aliens with her any day.

Guest JeanVier

I identify as pansexual, so of course Marlene in a suit makes the head swirl. :D

Eeep, yes, Sigourney Weaver. *blush*

Sigourney

But I must confess that my loyalties lie with Tilda Swinton...

Tilda

and Freja Beha Erichsen.

Freja

-JV

Guest Evan_J
there's an episode of two and a half men ......

You watch that? That is my FAVORITE show lol. WOOT for us dudes who like it. You have to be careful where you say it though :mellow: feminists will note you to their headquarters.

I think all [straight] guys have that one guy they would have sex with."
I think this guy would have to have breasts and a vagina. (and be hairless except on their head, and have a high tinkly voice, and have the mentality of a female -but you know, if all those things where in place, could be this statement is true)

I haven't see AVATAR so I can't comment.

BUT being attracted to Marlene Deitrich dang near is the same as being attracted to a guy lol.

If you are attracted to men its "feasible" that you would be attracted to a very masculine woman, almost especially if she is a lesbian. The masculine carriage along with the sameness of sexual pursuit of a man would make her total person register gender cues.

Vice versa for those who like women. Wouldn't be "shocking" to be able to be attracted to a highly effiminate , esp gay , man.

What you're really being attracted to is essentially a part of what makes you like the sex you do.

This had t get pointed out to me by a bisexual woman I met at almost 30. She had noted it in her own behaviors and so paid attention to the tendencies in others. I listened, watched a few folks, looked at my own life and was like [expletive connotating shock]. So thats what I've "realized" about that phenomena.

Guest My_Genesis
You watch that? That is my FAVORITE show lol. WOOT for us dudes who like it. You have to be careful where you say it though :mellow: feminists will note you to their headquarters.

I think this guy would have to have breasts and a vagina. (and be hairless except on their head, and have a high tinkly voice, and have the mentality of a female -but you know, if all those things where in place, could be this statement is true)

lol yeah that is one of my favorite shows. :D It's kinda funny b/c I relate to both bros even though they are like day and night. haha.

same thing for me about the guy. hmm... how about an mtf? would that work for ya? :huh: calpernia addams is rather attractive (and her voice is def. feminine)...

as for me I'm not sure whether or not i'd be attracted to a mtf like calpernia (im comparing to her here b/c I do prefer feminine women... which makes sense i guess lol), i mean it's different when you meet someone in person. I'd have to do that to know for sure.

anyways tangent. lol.

Guest Evan_J

You could be attracted all you want. But theres a difference between attraction and deciding to engage.

I mean if "attraction" is all we're talking about there are several peeps on the board I would say are "attractive".

But that goes (again and at least for me) to displaying traits that were inherent in who it was I was attractive to in the first place. I'm shallow. I admit it. I do like "body parts". If you have bjoobies I look, I want to touch em. Soft skin? Well, I'm lookin again. Cute legs? Toosh? Gender cues.

I like that show. I don't get why feminists would be so against you watching it, I mean at the end of the day it's a comedy show... <_<

I'm respectful to women, defo nothing like the character in that show towards women.

Guest Pól

Have you all seen the episode of that where Chris O'Donnell plays an FTM?

I saw an episode with an FTM. I cringed at some of the jokes. But it's a long time since I saw that can't remember how it was.

Guest My_Genesis

yeah I did see that one. I actually liked it. They don't put ftm's in shows too often.

Guest Evan_J

I think I've seen every episode of that show :P

Some of em twice :huh:

My favorite phrase in that episode is "Watch it pal, I dunno what they told you in orientation....."

LOL I love that. Orientation.

I don't get why feminists would be so against you watching it, I mean at the end of the day it's a comedy show...

Feminists....well, some feminists are like some transpeople or any group, they get offended over AAAANYYYTHIIING. Unless you construct a temple to women and say "yes ma'am " at the end of every sentence they aren't happy.

And I'm sick of cringing at every fricking thing in the world so that one woman or two can can imagine she's being equal by actually attempting to control me in the guise of "her rights" . If I think its funny, I think its funny.

Guest My_Genesis
I think I've seen every episode of that show :P

Some of em twice :huh:

My favorite phrase in that episode is "Watch it pal, I dunno what they told you in orientation....."

LOL I love that. Orientation.

Feminists....well, some feminists are like some transpeople or any group, they get offended over AAAANYYYTHIIING. Unless you construct a temple to women and say "yes ma'am " at the end of every sentence they aren't happy.

And I'm sick of cringing at every fricking thing in the world so that one woman or two can can imagine she's being equal by actually attempting to control me in the guise of "her rights" . If I think its funny, I think its funny.

i took an anthropology intro class and my prof said there were (are?) a group of feminists who said that gendered pronouns are sexist, so they wanted all pronouns to be "heshe" and "hiser." lol..

and yeah i like that part about orientation. that was funny. i also liked the part where he said "no wonder it seemed like she was always trying to get on top..." LOL

Guest BrandonIThink

It was a bit of change cause generally transgendered people on tv (even in other episodes of this show) are usually the girls. This episode was great-the line about orientation made me laugh, also when alan finds out he's ftm (alan's freakouts are fantastic!), and when charlie says, "Alan, do you think I'm gay?" :lol: god knows how many women, but one pre-transition transguy and charlie's questioning his heterosexuality.

Guest Pól

Actually some of them would probably get upset if you called them "ma'am."

Guest Evan_J
Actually some of them would probably get upset if you called them "ma'am."

Ma'am, your highness, royal buttpain czarina......whatever. Please, don't aggravate me about the whole thing lol . You can tell I got issues right now. L'emme 'lone.

god knows how many women, but one pre-transition transguy and charlie's questioning his heterosexuality.

:D I know!!

Ya' never can tell which guy you'd actually like to be on that show. On one hand, Alan has his crap together. Technically all the stuff/values he says are correct. But he IS a wuss. He needs serious amounts of confidence. But on the other Charlie has a lot of fun. Loads of money. Confidence. But has the personality of an eel. Its like hmmmmm immediate fun or a decent life in the long run but it might suck. lol Really, ya don't wanna be either. Maybe some components of either however a lot of stuff thats not on there.