• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Got To Get Out

Guest HashBrown

Guest GeoJamesLee

Living with my mother isn't the best thing for me. I know that I shouldn't be living on my own but I may have to go and do that.

Things just aren't working out here. I know that when I go and take my break and then come back things are just going to be the same as they are now. I can't handle living here so I need to figure out where I am going to go next. The thing is I just need to figure out where I can live.

My mom has done nothing but cry today and won't talk to anyone about what she is feeling, so I don't bother to ask.

She's only doing that because I told her I didn't want to talk about my feelings with her. That's just the way I am. I hate talking about my feelings in person, or over the phone. It's so much easier doing it in letters and online. But I can't even write her a letter without her crying. I can't DO anything without her crying.

It's really hard for me to deal with because it has to be her way or no way. It doesn't matter how hard I try something is always wrong with her and there is nothing that I can do.

I have a follow up with the Crisis Worker from the ER this Friday and I am going to ask her about what I could do. I am going to try and get Medicaid and try and get SSI.

Things are really hard for me and living with my mother just makes things a lot worse for me.

She made some calls today asking how much it would be to live somewhere for a week. She also asked about smoking. So it makes me think that she is thinking about going to a hospital. :blink:

Which makes me feel bad because I feel as though it's my fault that she wants to do this because of what I did the other day.

I guess all I have to do is work on moving out. It would be the best. For both of us I think.

I just hope she lets me take my computer so that I can have a support system.

Guest Evan_J

Well, I'm sure that if its intended to be your personal computer AND she's sure you're going someplace stable with it (cuz I'd be like that, not let you take it to someplace unstable) she will.

It sounds like your mom is kinda emotional as a person? Thats not the worse kind of mother to have. Might not be the easiest, but its certainly not the worse?

If indeed she is on her way to a hospital it is not your responsibility or blame. You don't know her reasons. And even if someplace amongst them is your name, its not likely that its because she thinks you're some horrible person tormenting her. It could be because she thinks she isn't being a good mom. Or anything else. Yes, there are some parents who's personal health issues might make them think the former, but mostly parents are inclined to think the later. You are in a difficult place with your own stuff right now and it sounds like she is in a difficult place with her own stuff too. But it is hers. And I'm not just saying that so that you can feel guilt free (though I don't think you should have any, haven't heard anything you did to intentionally hurt anybody other than yourself) but also because theres a certain "right" to their own stuff that each person has. Allow her that.

Yes, it could be that its healthy for you to live on your own, but considering all thats in flux at the moment , take some time with that concept at least until after you've spoken with your social worker. You're 18. You don't have to race out the door unprepared just because you are.Just saying, talk to the social worker first, bring up AALLL you concerns. You'd be surprised what resources a social worker actually has at their fingertips IF they know they are necessary ;)

Guest GeoJamesLee
Well, I'm sure that if its intended to be your personal computer AND she's sure you're going someplace stable with it (cuz I'd be like that, not let you take it to someplace unstable) she will.

It sounds like your mom is kinda emotional as a person? Thats not the worse kind of mother to have. Might not be the easiest, but its certainly not the worse?

If indeed she is on her way to a hospital it is not your responsibility or blame. You don't know her reasons. And even if someplace amongst them is your name, its not likely that its because she thinks you're some horrible person tormenting her. It could be because she thinks she isn't being a good mom. Or anything else. Yes, there are some parents who's personal health issues might make them think the former, but mostly parents are inclined to think the later. You are in a difficult place with your own stuff right now and it sounds like she is in a difficult place with her own stuff too. But it is hers. And I'm not just saying that so that you can feel guilt free (though I don't think you should have any, haven't heard anything you did to intentionally hurt anybody other than yourself) but also because theres a certain "right" to their own stuff that each person has. Allow her that.

Yes, it could be that its healthy for you to live on your own, but considering all thats in flux at the moment , take some time with that concept at least until after you've spoken with your social worker. You're 18. You don't have to race out the door unprepared just because you are.Just saying, talk to the social worker first, bring up AALLL you concerns. You'd be surprised what resources a social worker actually has at their fingertips IF they know they are necessary ;)

My mother is Bi-polar. She goes from giddy-kiddy to I hate you get out of my life.

She is paying off the computer that is what I am worried about. Even if I have a stable place to stay.

It's just the way she does things that make me feel as though it is MY fault even if I KNOW it's not. It's the way she words things. It makes me feel like crap and as though I should NEVER have been born.

It's a really bad idea for me to live on my own but I would rather do that then live here and be in pain all the time.

I see her this Friday so I'll see what she says.

And I am almost 19 thank you :P

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 100 Guests (See full list)

• callmeembry
    • BobbiSkunk
    • Carolyn Marie
    • Ashley0616
    • MAN8791
    • Stacie.H
    • christinakristy2021
    • Abigail Genevieve
    • Tiffany Cross
    • Birdie
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Amy Powell
    Newest Member
    Amy Powell

1. Ctheone
      Ctheone
    2. EliMo_gaytor23
      EliMo_gaytor23
      (28 years old)
    3. Goose
      Goose
    4. Olivia47
      Olivia47
    5. QuestioningTaylor
      QuestioningTaylor
      (19 years old)
    • BobbiSkunk
      I actually have Yoga as part of my exercise routine at the moment.  Since I'm still in the first month (of three, arbitrarily chosen by me) I've only got it slated for weekends, Sat/Sun.  I am finding out though if I get a little in during my morning wake up that when I get to my cardio in the evening, my joints don't ache as much. Right now the routine is: Weekly - Minimum of 3 days of cardio Weekly - Minimum 1 day of Yoga Monthly - Single endurance jog, preferably on Sunday I want my big thighs and butt to kinda hang around, so I am going to work some cycling into the mix after the third month. So far though, with the help of the Yoga stretches, Down 14lbs in a month. Next week is month 2.  ;_;  Going to put the tredmill on a slight incline to see if I'm ready for it.  If ya don't hear from me, the tredmill ate me. Oh!  I use a product called Yoga Stack 52, so I can Yoga at home.  It's just a deck of cards with the poses, difficulty, areas they stretch, and a nifty QR code you can scan to see a demonstration.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Overly emotional language always helps civil discourse. Not.
    • Ivy
      I often see people on the political Right claiming that all the wealthy elites are funding the "Radical Left".  But what I see seems to be the opposite.  There seems to be no lack of "big money" funding the Right.  The so called "Radical Left" is completely disorganized.  The "liberal media" (controlled by the wealthy) seems to be committed to presenting "both sides" of everything (including trans issues) whereas the Right makes no such pretense.   It should be noted, that in 1930's Germany the wealthy industrialists had no problem supporting the party (that can't be mentioned here). I have seen very few on the Left (out side of a few on the fringe) supporting an authoritarian regime.  Whereas plenty on the Right seem fine with it - down to many local MAGA folks.  Most of the GOP doesn't seem willing to even commit to accepting an election that they don't win.  Both Gore and Clinton accepted their loss despite having actually won the popular vote.  (it's that pesky electoral college thing)   Some on the Right claim to be oppressed by not being allowed to oppress certain minorities.  And Rightwing authoritarianism is now considered "Patriotism."  Go figure.
    • RaineOnYourParade
      Technically, it's before noon ;)   Uneventful day so far. I have my personal devices limited to 15 mins of screen time a day because I had a C lol, only problem really is the fact I do a lot of my social interaction online because most of my friends are in another state... been a little lonely, I guess? Plus I do a lot of reading and such online, and use my phone for references to draw, so there's a lot I don't have access to. So, just an annoyance now.   Anyways, fixed the C, hopefully I'll have normal things again soon ^-^   My mom's been having me take this herb pill in the mornings that is supposed to help with anxiety/ADHD-type symptoms, but I still have been having about the same amount of trouble focusing and sensory issues, so I guess it's not working haha
    • RaineOnYourParade
      That's awesome!
    • ClaireBloom
      Claire shares the same first letter as my male name.  I tend to prefer shorter names to long ones, and this one seemed feminine to me without going overboard. I was inspired by Claire Danes, Claire Underwood, and Claire Dunphy (upon whom I always had an enormous crush ).  Plus, it just felt right. I don't know if Claire will be my final legal name, but it's stuck longer than the others I've tried on.
    • Ashley0616
      I always loved Ashley. I named my 2006 Roush Mustang that too. I also had a crush to Ashley Force who races in NHRA.
    • Jani
      Its just my name.
    • Astrid
      I'm the same (estradiol, no blockers) and for me, after 4 years, T levels naturally *decreased*. I'm at E&T levels of a postmenopausal woman.   Astrid 
    • Davie
      Revealed: the super-rich fascist Maga lobbying group who is brain-washing the far-right policies of Trump and other Republicans.   Documents show the Conservative Partnership Institute is pushing its far-right agenda at events involving GOP members. A powerful, right-wing lobbying group is promoting a hard-right policy agenda and cementing ties between the Republican party and the far right at at least 21 events involving senators, members of Congress, and both junior and senior political aides. The documents offer previously unreported details of Conservative Partnership Institute (CPI). In 2021, the former congressman and Trump White House chief of staff Mark Meadows joined CPI. Both Meadows and Mitchell were at the center of Trump’s efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 election. Meadows was indicted in Georgia in August.    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/article/2024/may/23/conservative-partnership-institute-republican-laws
    • Davie
      RFK Jr. Also Says A Live Tapeworm has eaten part of his brain. THAT I certainly believe. Nothing else.
    • EasyE
      As a side question, when you start E (I'm only doing E. no blockers), does T fight back? (Insert "Empire Strikes Back" theme music here, lol)   For awhile, things downstairs seemed very subdued. This week, not so much. Kind of like back to pre-E days. Just curious.   Did labs yesterday so that should tell me something when I get results...
    • April Marie
      Congratulations!!!
    • Ivy
      The language says a lot.   " labeling them as "castration drugs." He also referred to sex-change procedures as"surgical mutilation'"
    • ClaireBloom
      Welcome Bobbi!  I hope you enjoy the forums and find them helpful.  There are lots of lovely people on here.  I'm a late in life trans woman just getting started myself.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.