• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Feeling A Bit Feminine

Guest HashBrown

Guest GeoJamesLee

So, last night I was just hanging out.

Just being my normal self.

Well I was feeling really Feminine so I ended up painting my nails green. Just because.

It makes me feel weird.

I identify as FtM Andro but I still feel a little weird doing it. :lol:

Any other guys feel this way?

Guest Penelope
So, last night I was just hanging out.

Just being my normal self.

Well I was feeling really Feminine so I ended up painting my nails green. Just because.

It makes me feel weird.

I identify as FtM Andro but I still feel a little weird doing it. :lol:

Any other guys feel this way?

"This above all: to thine own self be true,"

(William Shakespeare - Hamlet)

I guess you still need to leave some room for the 'F'.

Penelope

Guest thefireship

I haven't had polish on my nails for ages but when I did it had to be some sort of really neutral-to-pale tone. I think I did it to have a more alien/glassy look to my nails rather than to be feminine. I could never wear darker tones (not even camo-green!), or anything remotely reddish because its just too awkward for me. And, well, the darker tones make my fingers look shorter and I like my long fingers. :)

Right now I do let them have a bit of length and I taper them with the clippers. (They don't stick out much, if at all, beyond the tips of my fingers though.) If I trim them down too far I find myself missing the usefulness of having built-in mini screwdrivers. (Yeah, mine are rather tough.) A bit of nail is awesome when you're in a jam and caught without a tool kit. ;)

Guest WastelandBoat

For what its worth. I HATE having short hair. Hate hate hate hate hate. I feel so not myself. I feel and look like a Butch or something. Just not ME.

But the long hair/surfer/the-90's-are-over-Kurt-Cobain, style? Love it.

There is soaking in lavender bath salts/oils but that's because I'm a creepy pagan hippie ;) and the smell is a natural relaxing smell.

No one is truly 100% male or female although that is what we have tried to be for so long - pretending to be 100% what we are not and I for one do not intend to fall into that same trap of pretending when I start living full time - Around the First of July!

I am probably pretty close to 85 - 95 % female and that is decidedly female - good enough for me.

The main thing is to be yourself - that is all you can really be anyway.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Elizabeth K

WHat's wrong with toes with polish!

If GOD had intended 'em to stay unpainted he woulda made 'em be outa reach!

To each his own, and may the fates allow free choice - nakid or colored!

And male and/or female, as we so chose.......

hee hee

Lizzy

Guest NatashaJade

There are no rules for this except to follow your heart. If nail polish makes you happy, wear it! I know plenty of guys who do. We need to get our minds out of the gender binary that says boys do this and girls do that. We can all be as we will.

luv

Gin

Guest cael

i paint my nails once in a while i dont see it as a big deal but then again i only wear black just cuse i like the look on my nails... i also wear eyeliner just cuse i like the emo look i dont think there is a big deal to painting nails or eyeliner for that matter but hey, thats my views ;)

Guest Hoslers_wife
WHat's wrong with toes with polish!

If GOD had intended 'em to stay unpainted he woulda made 'em be outa reach!

To each his own, and may the fates allow free choice - nakid or colored!

And male and/or female, as we so chose.......

hee hee

Lizzy

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nick gets pedicures when he takes me to get my nails done. That doesn't make him any less of a man. I like to work on cars with him, does that make me any less of a woman? Do you see my point doll? Our actions don't define our gender. I think a lot of t-men are overly sensitive to female activities or habits for fear of being thought a woman but it doesn't matter. You know your gender and the things you like, and do don't make you more of a woman they just make you a little bit more feminine for a man. :-)

Guest Wendae

I wear clear polish all the time on fingers and toes. I rarely get a chance to use color but when I do it's bright red. I call it "drop dead red"! B)

Guest GeoJamesLee

Thanks everyone!!!

Sometimes I hate it but I need to learn that I am not just Male. I feel both sometimes and I don't know how to make that work and I don't like questioning this right now. xD

Guest StrandedOutThere

I wore my girlfriend's earrings to a seminar. I figured it was an amusing way to return them to her, and it would ensure that I didn't lose them before I saw her. It got some looks, but my straight male identity was not at all damaged. Also, several of my friends were very, very amused.

My point?

Do what makes you happy. Gender isn't a one size fits all venture.

Guest Evan_J
Also, several of my friends were very, very amused.

God I would have loved that. -Do you realize you could have resolved "glum" moods in my life for months?

:P

Guest Mr.Yoav

I personally think the lines that defined gender are quite blurred, so most of this might just be psychological. As Sally said, no one is entirely male or female.

Guest GeoJamesLee
I wore my girlfriend's earrings to a seminar. I figured it was an amusing way to return them to her, and it would ensure that I didn't lose them before I saw her. It got some looks, but my straight male identity was not at all damaged. Also, several of my friends were very, very amused.

My point?

Do what makes you happy. Gender isn't a one size fits all venture.

That's amazing!! I would have loved to see that!! xD

Yeah exactly. Sometimes I just wonder LOL

God I would have loved that. -Do you realize you could have resolved "glum" moods in my life for months?

:P

:lol:

I personally think the lines that defined gender are quite blurred, so most of this might just be psychological. As Sally said, no one is entirely male or female.

Yea. :)

Guest Captain Troy

Pssh, I wore a dress tonight. It was drag night at the queer youth center, and I found a dress that I looked cute in. And when I put it on with my binder on underneath it, I looked just like what I wanted to. A prepubescent boy in a dress. It was wonderful. Theres always room to express all of the aspects of our gender, and the sooner we accept that embracing our feminine sides doesn't make us less of men, the sooner we can be happy.

Guest GeoJamesLee
Pssh, I wore a dress tonight. It was drag night at the queer youth center, and I found a dress that I looked cute in. And when I put it on with my binder on underneath it, I looked just like what I wanted to. A prepubescent boy in a dress. It was wonderful. Theres always room to express all of the aspects of our gender, and the sooner we accept that embracing our feminine sides doesn't make us less of men, the sooner we can be happy.

That's amazing! How was it? Like the whole night? I have never been to a drag show!! I'll have my chance this July (I think that's when my youth center is doing it...).

I am slowly trying to accept it. I am trying to accept the Andro part of me, which is really hard for me to do because I have been running from my female self for so long trying to have my male self take over. If that makes any sense. :/

Guest Leigh

when i was in HS i used to paint my nails like a rainbow...

maybe it was just a flamboyant stage in my life...maybe i just like rainbow.

point is, we are who we are, we like what we like.

peace&love

Guest Nicodeme
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nick gets pedicures when he takes me to get my nails done.

That sounds like me when I'm going to start dragging Ryan to get her nails and eyebrows done.

"C'monnnnnnnnn, if you do it, I'll do it with you!"

"I...well...*devious smile.* OKAY! Bright pink nails for everyone!"

"WAIT NO I WANT MINE IN BLUE!"

Guest GeoJamesLee
when i was in HS i used to paint my nails like a rainbow...

maybe it was just a flamboyant stage in my life...maybe i just like rainbow.

point is, we are who we are, we like what we like.

peace&love

:)

Guest rewritemyhistory

Just wanted to echo everyone elses sentiments; do whatever feels right! Sometimes I love wearing skinny jeans, black nail varnish; the whole emo/indie kinda style, and sometimes I love wearing baggier jeans and hoodies and can't stand to have my nails painted. I just go with whatever feels right that day or week! It took me a while to adjust, because I never ever painted my nails or wore tight fitting clothing before I came out as FTM. As I was adjusting mentally, and coming into my own as 'male', things like nail painting and wanting to wear skinny jeans starting creeping in, so it was kinda confusing? But I've just gone with it, and now just accept it and encorporate it into my maleness. It's all one, it's all male, and it's all me! ^_^

Guest Lee-Asher Geo-James
Just wanted to echo everyone elses sentiments; do whatever feels right! Sometimes I love wearing skinny jeans, black nail varnish; the whole emo/indie kinda style, and sometimes I love wearing baggier jeans and hoodies and can't stand to have my nails painted. I just go with whatever feels right that day or week! It took me a while to adjust, because I never ever painted my nails or wore tight fitting clothing before I came out as FTM. As I was adjusting mentally, and coming into my own as 'male', things like nail painting and wanting to wear skinny jeans starting creeping in, so it was kinda confusing? But I've just gone with it, and now just accept it and encorporate it into my maleness. It's all one, it's all male, and it's all me! ^_^

I am slowly accepting it. Ever so slowly. I am getting there. :)

I am growing my hair out I think. To look like this:

http://worldhairstyles.com/wp-content/uplo...styles-adam.jpg

I don't know if I can do it though but that's how I want my hair to be :)

That is good that you were able to take it in as a part of yourself. :)

*hugs*

LeeAsher

Guest BrandonIThink

Well, cisgendered people do things that are typically associated with the opposite gender all the time. I feel like it just stands out more when we do it because it's almost like we've got something to prove, when everyone else can have varying behavioural traits, cause their gender is an assumed and definate thing.

I painted my nails a couple weeks ago(black, but still), and it was atcually kinda weird. But then there are things like that fact that I LOVE skinny jeans, I generally wear a very mild amount of foundation on my face, and I'm a little (a lot) obsessed with being clean :blush: I'm acknowledging the fact that I am a guy, but I'm making sure I don't crush my feminine side in the process ;)

Guest Adrian

Haha, I have mainly female friends, so the other night when I went round a friend of a friend's house and we had a few drinks, then they all decided to do each others' make-up, I sat down and pianted my own nails, dark red on one had and metallic blue on the other. The blue still hasn't come off yet.

I can't apply make-up to save my life, and this confirmed to me that any nail varnish other than gothic black does NOT look good on a guy. But hey, ya gotta do these things sometimes...

Guest Lee-Asher Geo-James
Well, cisgendered people do things that are typically associated with the opposite gender all the time.

What is cisgendered? :unsure: