• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Frank Spisak

Bulldog1948

Guest Elizabeth K

Gender dysphoria is a condition. It apparently affects the general population throughout, so race, creed, ethnicticity, education, intelligence is not important in determining who is gender dysphoric. At laura's it seems that is somewhat the case, although because it is an internet site, we get people who tend to be at least a bit computer literate.

So it would statistically be possible to have a seriel killer. Also an adviser to the President of the United States, a olympic gold metalist, an ex-tatooed fat lady form the circus?

ANYONE!

Why the press thinks that being trans makes you crazy is a prejudicial and somewhat a form of harrassment.

Its like saying destroy all dogs because they can attack children and maul them to death!

Preaching to the choir I know (I wonder if choir memebers have a better chance in going to heaven? nevermind)

I am sorry this very disturbed person was also transsexual - but the sin is really in the reporting.

My opinion

Lizzy

Guest WastelandBoat

I'm kind of with out words. Yeah, because being uncomfortable in your own skin -automatically- makes you crazy. Ugh. *face palm*.

All my trans friends and anyone that's on the gender fence that I know are probably the most accepting and liberal people I know!

Guest Donna Jean

First off, Lizzy is correct....

Idiots, killers, savants, etc all come in every color of the rainbow and in every gender...

Now, I live here in Ohio and I've been following this case...

He is due to die tomorrow...Lethal injection...

He has recently petitioned the courts to stop the execution because he is allergic to one of the drugs in the injection....

It can be a terrible world....

Donna Jean

Guest A.S.
First off, Lizzy is correct....

Idiots, killers, savants, etc all come in every color of the rainbow and in every gender...

Now, I live here in Ohio and I've been following this case...

He is due to die tomorrow...Lethal injection...

He has recently petitioned the courts to stop the execution because he is allergic to one of the drugs in the injection....

It can be a terrible world....

Donna Jean

I agree. but.... sometimes there's no choice for that ain't it?

• Forum Moderator

This has been a good discussion on the issues. I placed this topic on the board, because I wanted the other members, not from Ohio, to read about it. Granted, He definately has various mental problems and I'm not speaking of GID. I'm speaking of the mental transition to Hitler and the Jews taking over his mind thing.

The man has severe mental problems. Should he be executed to atone for the 3 lives that he took? Or should he have received life without parole?

The issue that still bugs me is his defense attorney's pur hatred and disgust towards him. Instead of a defense's smmation to the jury in the penalty phase, he gave a prosecutors summation and basically told the jury to find Spisak guilty and give give him the death penalty. Now, that is scary for any and all TS people.

Mike

Mike

Guest NatashaJade
This has been a good discussion on the issues. I placed this topic on the board, because I wanted the other members, not from Ohio, to read about it. Granted, He definately has various mental problems and I'm not speaking of GID. I'm speaking of the mental transition to Hitler and the Jews taking over his mind thing.

The man has severe mental problems. Should he be executed to atone for the 3 lives that he took? Or should he have received life without parole?

The issue that still bugs me is his defense attorney's pur hatred and disgust towards him. Instead of a defense's smmation to the jury in the penalty phase, he gave a prosecutors summation and basically told the jury to find Spisak guilty and give give him the death penalty. Now, that is scary for any and all TS people.

Mike

Mike

Mike,

I'm against the death penalty on general principal. It is a poor deterrent and ends up draining time and money from people who should be involved in better things. So no, I don't think Spisak deserves to be put to death. What I think when I read Spisak's story is that this is a person who has mental problems and who also has GID. There should never be a line drawn between the two because you end up with a syllogism...bad circular logic that says if Spisak has GID, GID is responsible for the insanity ergo all people with GID are equally insane. As we know, this is rubbish. But this is the kind of bad logic that stories like these promote.

What I would like to see is this person not referred to as a TG or TS serial killer, but just a serial killer. I don't care if Spisak is a transsexual in the same way that I don't care that Spisak is white.

This kind of thing makes me really upset.

Gin

I live in Cleveland and remember his crimes, they were on the news quite a bit, i never saw him as anything but a person with a mental problem, even though he was trans.

Paula

• Forum Moderator

Opps! I made a mistake. Our newspaper gave Spisak's name as to the man that was going to be executed. Well, they gave the wrong name, it was a Bueke dude known as the "Hitchiker".

But, nevertheless, Spisak's execution is still on tap, as I recall; just don't recall the exact date. Agagin, I apologize for the screw-up.

Mike