• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hello

Guest Eric_a

Guest Eric_a

wow, can't believe I'm doing this.

Hello everyone,

My name is Eric. I find it funny in an odd sort of way that when you log into the forums I am 5 of 6 of the first sub foums.

Anyway. If you looked at me you would think tough guy, well I'm not. I am not what I see in the mirror.

I told my mother 3 days ago, that went well (sarcasm).

Bah, I'm drunk again and IDK anymore. What a crap introduction. I'm sorry.

Guest Donna Jean

Hello, Erica.....

Welcome to the Playground, Honey....

I'm Donna Jean....

I'll telly you what...you hand me what you're drinking and I'll get you a hot cup of coco and a plate of Sally's cookies....OK?

Now, just sit over here and relax a bit....

I think that you're going to like it here..it's full of great people and lots of great resources...

Now, I'd like to ask you to be sure to have a look at the forum rules...there's a link at the top of most pages...

And, we moderate this site to keep it safe for everyone..

You make yourself at homje..OK, Hon?

We're happy to have you!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Guest Jean Davis

Hi Erica

Welcome to the family, so nice to meet you. :D

I see that you are at the first and probably hardest part of being transgender. That is admitting to yourself who you truely are and finding support. I know we have all been there, and I know that it's really hard. But you know what, you found the right place, all of the people here are very nice and have good information to help you figure out just where you need to be in order to be happy.

So please kick back, have some cookies and cocoa and get to know a few of us here. I'm sure you won't regret the time you spend here. ;)

LUV

Jean

Guest Eric_a
Now, I'd like to ask you to be sure to have a look at the forum rules...there's a link at the top of most pages...

And, we moderate this site to keep it safe for everyone..

I hope I didn't break any rules :(
Guest Jean Davis

No honey, you didn't. ;)

Donna Jean just points that out to all new members, just to inform members where the rules are and to gently nudge them to actually read them. :lol:

You're doing good, just 3 more posts and you'll be able to PM others here at Laura's. :D

LUV

Jean

• Root Admin
I hope I didn't break any rules :(

Hello Eric,

Welcome to Laura's Playground. :) No, you haven't broken any rules. It would be a good idea, though, to read through them so you won't make any slip ups.

MaryEllen

Guest miss kindheart

Hi Eric_a,

<<hug>>

Welcome to Laura's Playground.

Please feel free to come over and chat sometime.

The Chat room does require another registration that is separate from from your forums one.

Please read the chat room rules before coming in, and expect a short interview with one of the chat room moderators.

One of the things that they will ask you is if you read the rules. :)

We have MTF meetings-Mon & Sat 9pm est, and you are welcome to attend.

We all look forward to seeing you.

:wub: vanna

Guest Opal

Hi Eric,

I'm pretty new here myself. There is a lot of info here on the site to digest, but I think you will find kinship and understanding as to what you are going through.

There are many on here with similar experiences and similar feelings.

Take Care,

Opal

Guest Eric_a
There is a lot of info here on the site to digest, but I think you will find kinship and understanding as to what you are going through.

There are many on here with similar experiences and similar feelings.

Take Care,

Opal

Thank you and that's the whole reason i posted.

Seems like a good place. Still worried someone will find since I run a truck forum and help run another. Those guys...well, stalkers can be harsh but I worry about them finding my IP here somehow. Not sure if they can track IP's but it scares me.

Just need to be myself for once. Tired of not being comfortable.

Guest NatalieRene

Hello everyone,

My name is Eric. I find it funny in an odd sort of way that when you log into the forums I am 5 of 6 of the first sub foums.

Anyway. If you looked at me you would think tough guy, well I'm not. I am not what I see in the mirror.

Hi Eric

Coming out is never easy. When I came out my Mom freaked out at first and mailed me a bible with underlined verses. But during my birthday my parents and sisters came around. Give your mother some time to come to grasp with things and hopefully she will come to accept you as you are.

Welcome to the playground. :D

Natalie

Guest Girl Emily

Erica,

Welcome to Laura's. I am happy you have decided to join us. I suffered from an addiction to meth which is how I tried to feel better. It didn't work and lead to a suicide attempt. After getting sober I was able to deal with the gender thing and never felt better.

Huggs,

Guest ricka

Welcome Erica!!! No shame in getting off to a rocky start, hon! You're with family here and you can come out to us and we will understand and support and accept you. So do sit down and take some time to tell us more about you.

Hugs, Ricka

Guest Opal

Seems like a good place. Still worried someone will find since I run a truck forum and help run another. Those guys...well, stalkers can be harsh but I worry about them finding my IP here somehow. Not sure if they can track IP's but it scares me.

Yes, I can really relate. I believe that some of the moderators here are experienced IT people, and one or more of them might have some suggestions on steps you might take as far as IP security and such.

Hope you can continue to Post , but do it as you are comfortable doing so.

Huggs,

Opal

Guest SouthernBelle

I'm a bit of a techy (but I'm no guru) and while I don't know much anything about tracking IPs, I would think that you could just access the site through a proxy (you can find free, easy-to-use web proxies on google). Unless I'm wrong about using a proxy, feel free to PM me if you can't figure out how to use one.

anyways...

Welcome to the Playground!

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through tough times, but I want you to know that you've come to the right place! My name is Belle and I was brand new here about a month ago. This really IS a great place to seek guidance, support, and even just to vent! Make yourself at home here and I promise you'll be delighted.

Keep your head up, OK?

HUGGS

Belle

Guest Eric_a

Thank you for the support.

Here goes a brief history.

I have been crossdressing since about four years old. I still remember the first time and it was probably the greatest feeling I have ever had. Have never liked my body or any other male body. For some time it was buried and have had some beautiful girlfriends. Kinda funny, the last asked what I thought about during sex, had to lie cause I just thought how I wanted to be her. All the girls I dated were women I envied. Reached a huge turning point once I got the DUI. Lost my job, rented an apartment over work so I lost that too. Had no place to go except move home with Mom. Since this I have been single because of the situation and given a lot of thought to who and what I am. Discovered the internet about three years ago and have been browsing the web. Mostly search my inspiration which is automotive modification (lol) but also forums like this. I found this site from a link on some random blog.

Feel compelled to share this as well.

Was a coke user for 5-7 years. It helped me hide. The move out of state is the only reason I stopped. Still drink to excess though.

That's it.

Can we just be happy now?

Guest misha1144

Hello everyone,

Wow, Erica. I am so un-unique. You sound like me a few weeks ago. Good going. Yea, I have been a tough looking and tough acting guy for a lot of years. What a tough time I have had ignoring and terrified of what was inside. Now I am just trying to be me and it feels great. I hope you find peace, courage and friends here. I have and know you will to.

All the best, Misha

Guest Eric_a

It's just a relief to know other feel/ are the same.

Looks like I have a lot of reading to do. Amazing how much that made me feel different is the same with everyone else here.

• 1 month later...

Hi Eric,

I hope that you will get more comfortable as time goes by - please drop by more often we are pretty friendly.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest SouthernBelle

Hello everyone,

WELCOME TO THE PLAYGROUND!

It sounds like you're in a very rough spot, honey. I want you to know that we are here for you. And that it doesn't matter how well we know you--we care about you!!

And there's no need for apologies, sweetie. You're doing just fine. This is all very hard stuff. I bet you hate what you see in the mirror. Well, you can change that! And it's OK if you're struggling with alcohol. I can relate. Just know that you've come to the right place. This is a safe haven--No, this IS HEAVEN! So come one in and take a load off. WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!

HUGGS AND KISSES

Belle

Guest sarah f

Welcome to Laura's Erica. You found the best site possible to just be yourself and not get judged by others. We are all here to help each other and really are like one big happy and loving family. Keep on posting and you will find out for yourself like so many others have.