• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Drinking And Smoking Updates

Guest Ami James

Guest A.S.

Since last time i posted that I needed help... Well... There's I go...

1. Quit smoking in a cold turkey and it is all good. I haven't touch since two days ago after I got done reading the website... It is a wake up call after trying to find out why I was having chest pain when I smoked.

2. I threw out all the alcohol drinks in the trash and never picked them up since the last time I post on here. I asked my friend to send me video through e-mail for me to review it again to be sure.... I hated the way I acted and made me think twice and a lot of "what if this happened or that happened?" and I thought to myself, "Throw them away and never drink again... which I do have some craving for it but no.. the way I acted on that video that my friends took of me... I was ashamed of myself and I threw away what i drank. I ain't going to look back.

3. I am fighting for my health because since I lost all of my hearing in my left ear and afraid for my hearing in my right ear and top of that... Chest pain... because I had been smoking and drinking since in my 25th b-day. Now I can say I am working for a better life...

I am doing it for my well being and Try to fight my urges that I have. With your support and my family's supports, I know I can't do it alone.... I am also working on quiting doing snus.... I am down on my last pace of snus... I have been dipping since I was 26 yrs old. I am trying... which it is hard... I am working on it hard as i can...

Thanks for your supports and comments.... A lot of them are making me think twice before too late...

A.S.

Guest A.S.

I will do my best to keep on posting. :). I was going to say that several nights ago but i lost my connection for a little more than 24 hrs. So today, I thought i better get myself back on here lol.

I am really happy for you A.S. Keep it up. I've quit both so know what you are going through. Watch your alcohol withdrawal closely. Here is a link on the withdrawal symptoms when quitting alcohol. Watch the severe symptoms closely. If you start getting these symptoms you need to stop going cold turkey and seek a doctor, who will give you medication when you quit.

One suggestion for smoking is start chewing gum. It gets the nicotine taste out of your mouth.

Each day is a triumph and one day closer to breaking the chains of addiction. Please keep posting about your progress, it can be an inspiration to others who have to go through the same process.

Love Susan

Guest A.S.

Gonna do my best to posts a lot more.

Speaking of chewing gum lol... my little next door niegbor kid just offered me a gun.

Guest A.S.
Knew you could do it Hun,,,,,good on you .

BTW,,,,save a small fortune too,luv,viv :)

I am going to try. What I need to do now is to have a stronger will power to fight it... My friend told me that she couldn't believe I haven't smoked since last time i posted on here. we are betting on each other to see how long i am going to stay smoke free lol... Hope I am going to pass it.

Guest Chandra
I am going to try. What I need to do now is to have a stronger will power to fight it... My friend told me that she couldn't believe I haven't smoked since last time i posted on here. we are betting on each other to see how long i am going to stay smoke free lol... Hope I am going to pass it.

Good for you A.S. I knew you could do it. You made it this far so don't give in now. Every day will get a little better, big guy.

See prayers sometimes really do get answered.

I'm so proud of you my friend.

Love and a big hug for you, keep it up the worst is over.

Chandra