• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Confidence Boost

Guest toni-va

Guest toni-va

I went to the driving range at the golf course in male mode this afternoon after epilating my legs in visible areas. In the past I have only shaved and epilated during the winter. I confidently went out today, thanks to the support of this forum, wearing shorts and not worrying about what others thought. I feel as though I starting to not care what others think as long as I feel good about myself.

Thank you all.

Toni

Guest Donna Jean
I went to the driving range at the golf course in male mode this afternoon after epilating my legs in visible areas. In the past I have only shaved and epilated during the winter. I confidently went out today, thanks to the support of this forum, wearing shorts and not worrying about what others thought. I feel as though I starting to not care what others think as long as I feel good about myself.

Thank you all.

Toni

Hon, that is a great point to reach.

So many are hamstrung by worrying what others will think!

You are the one that is trying to please your self....

Good on you!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Guest ~Brenda~

Hi Toni :)

Initially, shaving can be intimidating as to there is no going back once you shave. I am glad that you have overcome that fear and show yourself as you see is right :) I know that feeling!!! I have been shaving my arms and legs for years and now no one gives it a second thought (not even me).

Shorts with shaven legs and bobby socks... feels wonderful :)

Love

Brenda

Guest csweetansassy

Thank you all.

Toni

It may not sound like a big step to everyone but for those of us that still need to make,that step. It seems next to impossible. Great job, You should really be proud of yourself. Don't forget to mark down this date.It be fun to see yourself in a few yrs and be able to trace your steps. Bless you I hope your road is a happy one.

Guest toni-va

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I knew I could count on you all to be supportive! :D

What made things really interesting, for me at least, is the fact that I was not just being anonymous on the range. I played golf in high school, college, and professionally. Not only was I the only one out of 20 people hitting good shots, but reverted to my college days by hitting testicles of the concrete pad behind the range.

I felt a surge of confidence in myself that I haven't felt in many, many years by being comfortable with my body. It is amazing how one simple act of stepping out of the gender binary can make one feel so much better themselves.

I do have to thank my wife for telling me she liked shaved legs better and encouraging me to keep them like they were from November to March, all year round. We did have a rough weekend last week as I was deep in depression and so very down on myself. She made the comment today that I have been a much happier person this week, not seeing the direct correlation between a happier me and the actions I have taken with my outward presentation.

Again, I want to thank you all for being a super supportive group that I feel I can actually talk to about my true feelings.

Hugs!

Toni

Hi Toni,

Bitten by the word filter - we know it really wasn't testicles, but it does make one visualize something else entirely. What driving range is that?

Congrats on being seen hairless! I'm just enjoying a face that's stubble-free; must be wonderful to have legs suddenly smooth.

Love, Kat

Guest toni-va

Wow. How did shots get turned into that?!? I am so red faced!!!! :o

It was a wonderful, correction exhilarating experience to be out in public and not care what people think as I have always been self conscious about my body presentation.

I was at a local public course on the driving range. I have a corporate golf outing that I have been invited to partake in this Wendesday and wanted to get in some practice.

I do appreciate the encouraging words and support I see on this forum. I am in a VERY rural and conservative area and find it hard to talk about how I feel with anyone IRL.

Thanks and HUGE hugs.

Toni

Hi Toni,

After a while you'll get used to the word filter. It takes more vulgar terms that refer to anatomical body parts and changes them to their more clinical terminology. Hence, going out and hitting a bucket of "b.a.l.l.s." at the driving range gets changed to something else.

It does make one be creative about some language, but it's all for the good purpose of keeping this site clean and safe for young teens (and the parents of young teens).

And it does make you smile from time to time!

Love, Kat

Guest JustShelly

Good for you!

Testicles! That had to hurt! :mellow: and off the concrete wow you have testicles!

That has to be the funniest word correction I have ever seen.

I have shaved my entire body for a few years now. This is the first spring I have been in public with my arms smooth. I was always self conscious about that, but it seems so natural now.

I don't know if I will go with the smooth look on the legs this summer. I want to, but just don't have the (testicles) B) to take that step yet. I feel that it is getting close though! :)

Hi Toni and Shelly -

I'm an MTF who was blessed to be without body hair. The only people who have ever taken notice are my doctors. It's not unnatural to be hairless. For me, it probably comes from the genes of my Native American ancestry. But, noone in my family resembles an Indian in any other way. If this can happen to me, it can be true for anyone else - don't feel so self-conscious!

Kat

Guest Wendae

Here in Florida I have noticed a large number of hairless legs on the links. I put it down to diabetes. No one pays attention. I have played wearing 2 ankle bracelets, toe rings(barefoot), and triple pierced ears, a one inch cross earings with opal centers, studs and a womans' golf shirt. Not a peep :D . I'll get around to my legs here soon.

Guest toni-va
Good for you!

Testicles! That had to hurt! :mellow: and off the concrete wow you have testicles!

That has to be the funniest word correction I have ever seen.

I have shaved my entire body for a few years now. This is the first spring I have been in public with my arms smooth. I was always self conscious about that, but it seems so natural now.

I don't know if I will go with the smooth look on the legs this summer. I want to, but just don't have the (testicles) B) to take that step yet. I feel that it is getting close though! :)

Shelly dear, I wouldn't worry about taking this step. As some of the ads on TV say, "Just Do It" and don't worry. I have more confidence now and feel so much better about myself.

Hugs!

Toni

Guest toni-va
Yeaaaaaa TONI!

Yesssss so good!

Lizzy

Lizzy, as I have said before, I feel like I can be myself here and get the support I need. I am still presenting as male but trying to get to the point that I can start transition. Coming to understand and accept my body and mind better has caused lots of issues. Now that I have found this forum where I can be myself, I think the path to self acceptance will progress much faster.

Again as I have said, I live in a very rural and conservative area and have no one to talk to about how I feel. There is only one gender therapist locally (30 miles away) and I have thought about making an appointment and paying out of pocket, so there is no messy insurance issues, so I can get to the root of my issues. I am starting to wonder if when my GP put me on antidepressants if I shouldn't have been referred to a therapist. BTW, I have been on those pills for the last 4 years.

Hugs and huge thanks for the support.

Toni

Guest meagan

I agree with everyone else here that we should not care what anyone else thinks. I am happy when i hear of or read about people just stepping out and doing the things they want and feel good about it.

I am lucky in that i can keep my legs nice and smooth year round as in winter no one will notice ever and in summer, long pants are better in the kitchen and after work, the air begins to cool. the mountains block out the sun making it better to have pants on to keep out the chilly air as well fending off the mosquitoes.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest toni-va

As an update, I went on a family vaca earlier this week. I was walking around a large amusement park with perfectly clean shaven and tanned legs and loved it! It feels GREAT working on the tan and not worrying about what people thought.

As a side note, I was in shorts the entire time we were gone and had my mother with me. She never asked me about it, but I did notice her looking at my legs and the look of thought on her face. Oh well, gotta live for yourself. If she had asked, I was going to reply that my wife likes it and so do I, so I shave my legs.

Hugs,

Toni