• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Binding A Large Chest

Guest Keiichi-kun

Guest Rika-chama

So soon I will be out of high school and I plan to attempt to start passing in public. My only problem is that I own no binders and what I do use (ace bandaging) will not work for my D cup breasts. Will binders work for them and how much do they typically cost?

Ni-paa~

Guest Sergei

I'm a D cup as well, and I own a few binders, but have never really found one that takes me down more than a couple of cup sizes. I generally find binding too uncomfortable anyway, and don't really bother unless I'm going somewhere where I feel especially vunerable. I don't ever find that my chest stops me from passing. Just make sure you wear a baggy shirt. Try to avoid T-shirts because they fall on to the chest. The way a shirt does up takes attention away from that. Also try and wear darker colours because that slims your chest down as well. Lots of biomen suffer from man boobs as well, so it doesn't nessacerally have to give you away.

Guest st.john

ugh, ace bandages are the devil incarnate.

i dont know enough about binders, or have the money for one, so i've been going the ace bandage route for the past few weeks as well. hurts like a sonofa@#$%& though - i often find myself having a hard time breathing, and think i might have managed to bruise a couple of ribs in the process.

i don't have a *huge* chest (about a B) but it's still far bigger than i'd like. w/ the bandages, i can get it almost flat enough to get away w/ just a somethat-fitted t-shirt over the top ... but after a couple of hours, it gets uncomfortable/painful to the point i can't deal with it anymore.

a lot of guys have suggested wearing layers to try and cover up, which is fine in the winter months, but seriously, how bloody miserable is that come summertime?

i'd be ever so grateful if anyone has any ace bandage binding tips that cut back on the whole soreness issue, or any other hints as far as dressing to hide my chest apart from wearing 3 oversized shirts or a huge sweatshirt or something.

(Sergei, the tip about button-down shirts is great, as they're still pretty lightweight. Thanks! May have to hit up the local salvation army again in the near future ...)

Guest BillyMack

I recently bought a "Frog Bra" from Title Nine and I have a 42C chest. I first bought the medium size (BIG mistake!) but they were really good about returns and such. I exchanged it for the XL and am pretty happy with the results. They don't cost as much as a binder (around $39 if I remember right) and they do a good job at compression. Check them out!

~Billy

Guest Jason

I have a large chest too (I've never worn a "real" bra so I don't know what my size is, but my guess is a D cup) and I kinda like the Underworks binders. They're pretty cheap, I think the one I got, the Tri-top, is $30 or so. It definately helps, but you can still tell there is something there, although button-down shirts help a lot with eliminating that.

I really recommend finding an alternative to ace bandages as fast as you can, because those can bruise your ribs and have a lot of other nasty side effects.

Guest Rika-chama

Well I've been to underworks and they seem to have a nice variety of binders. :) The compression vest looks pretty good so I'm wondering if that would work for me. The frog bra looks great so I think I'm gonna get it.

As for the ace bandaging don't worry I hardly do it and when I do I make sure I can breath right. Either way I want something more proffesional and I hope I have enough money in my bank account to buy all this stuff >.<

Ni-paa~

I recently bought a "Frog Bra" from Title Nine and I have a 42C chest. I first bought the medium size (BIG mistake!) but they were really good about returns and such. I exchanged it for the XL and am pretty happy with the results. They don't cost as much as a binder (around $39 if I remember right) and they do a good job at compression. Check them out!

~Billy

I also used the Fog bra from Title Nine. I was a 34B and a small worked great and was really comfortable. I could wear anything but t-shirts.

MK

im a 36 d, i use the underworks double front and swear by it

unfortunately guys like us dont have much choice as in going about with a t shirt or anything buyt it binds well under jumpers shirts etc and i dont look too bad...

after about a month though i feel i need a new one

Guest Rika-chama

Hmm so T-shirts are bad then. Oh crap that's like all I wear xD Are button down shirts better then?

And yeah definately getting the frog bra. It looks awesome :lol: and I'm still looking at that compression vest too

Ni-paa~

Guest harvester52

My binder is kind of complicated, but it works really well.

I have a "C" size chest. I start with a sports bra. On top of that, I wind a long, WIDE yarn-woven scarf, and pull it tight, then fasten it with safety pins. After that, I wrap an ace bandage over the scarf to smooth out any unnatural bumps. It works fairly well, and I never have a hard time breathing. It's only an annoyance when I get ready in the morning because it takes about a good five minutes AT LEAST to do good. It works well for me because I don't have to bind very tight. I'm a pretty heavy guy, so it's not expected of me to have a perfectly flat chest.

The key thing here is the scarf and sports bra under the ace bandage. It keeps the bandages from digging into my skin, or getting too tight. If this is a problem for you, I recommend putting some kind of cloth under the ace bandage, and using that cloth to aid in the flattening of your chest.

Guest lorddillon

I am a pretty big guy and have large C cups. I'm not on T yet, so I have had no breast atrophy and must deal with the dang things as they are.

I have found that what works for me is a zippered waist slimmer from Everlast (~12-14$, though i got it on sale for 7$). Its made of neoprene material and binds me enough that I don't bounce around at all. I like it because I have a shoulder injury so it is difficult for me to put anything on over my head. Since the waist slimmer has a zipper, I don't have to wrench my shoulder out just to put on a binder.

I wear the slimmer on its smallest setting (it has 3 basic size settings due to the zipper placement) and wear a t-shirt undershirt over it and then I put on a button down shirt and it looks like I have pecs, not breasts, so I like it. I do sweat, but the undershirt helps to soak it up a bit, as well as hiding the zipper-line.

I agree with the others when they say that T-shirts and polo shirts end up accentuating the chest area and make it harder to hide the breasts. Button down shirts are the best, large sweaters are okay, but not as good as a dress shirt.

Also, if you wear a jacket, make sure that it is big enough that your hips don't make it flair out, that will ruin the look. The main thing is that you want the clothes to MINIMIZE your curves, not make them stand out. So you have to learn to buy your clothes so that they fall on our body the way they would fall onto a bio-guy's body. That means straight hips, no flair, and absence of breasts; this can be helped by getting a jacket that straightens your shoulders (if they slope). Also, I find that wearing straight-legged pants work better than other cuts (relaxed fit or boot cut pants make me look curvy).

Guest Just_Call_Me_Nick
I'm a D cup as well, and I own a few binders, but have never really found one that takes me down more than a couple of cup sizes. I generally find binding too uncomfortable anyway, and don't really bother unless I'm going somewhere where I feel especially vunerable. I don't ever find that my chest stops me from passing. Just make sure you wear a baggy shirt. Try to avoid T-shirts because they fall on to the chest. The way a shirt does up takes attention away from that. Also try and wear darker colours because that slims your chest down as well. Lots of biomen suffer from man boobs as well, so it doesn't nessacerally have to give you away.

That's some great advice....I am going to try that...I tend to wear t-shirts...so maybe a change is in order....

Nick~

Guest Darrel

What's a decent alternative while waiting for your binder to come in the mail? I start class back up Monday and my binder won't be here for another week or two. Will I suffer from an ace bandage then? (I need more like two or three of them..)

Guest Chris_421

I've been binding for awhile, atleast 1 1/2 years, only started t 10 weeks ago. Hmm, the tissue in my chest has broken down quite a bit, and I think I'm about a D. I've used the tri-top from underworks too and it works. I'm thinking of trying out t-kingdom, some guys have said they're better than underworks, though a little more pricey. Ace bandages are really not good for you, try and get a proper binder soon if you are able too, but if not, don't use the bandages so tight you can't breathe or it's really hurting and cutting into your skin.

Guest Darrel

MAN today was an amazing day!

So since my binder wasn't here by morning, I had to find the ace bandage and fiddle around with it until I was satisfied with the look. I had wrapped it around about three, almost four times, but by the time I was done with breakfast (about ten minutes later), I was really ready to pass out. It was hard to breathe, and after my heart started to hurt, I went into the bathroom and loosened it to only one and a half times around. It wasn't flat, but it helped hold them in place and I let the sports bra put them where I wanted them to stick.

Then, not happy with how they looked, I grabbed two more shirts and put them on underneath. I was slightly bulky, and the boobages were still kinda obvious, but not as obvious. So I was somewhat uncomfortable, but able to breathe for school today.

When I got home, my binder from FtMunderworks had arrived! I squeeled with joy and rushed into my bedroom to try it on. Thank God this one fit. Snug, as my stomach gets in the way, but it fit! WEE! I have to wear a sports bra under it to help flatten my boobages a little bit more, to hold them in place, and to keep the material from irritating the sensitive skin.

The binder still doesn't make me as flat as I should be, but it helps. Perhaps with some layering it'll look good. Still...yay it came in and it fits!

Guest raydub
MAN today was an amazing day!... ... ...Still...yay it came in and it fits!

Congrats dude on such a stellar day! Many more to come eh?

-Ray

Guest st.john

does anyone have any tips on where to find *cheap* binders? right now i'm using a sports bra w/ an ace bandage on top. i can still breathe - mostly - but by the end of an 8 hour work day, i'm in serious pain. (i took the Gosh darned thing off over an hour ago, and my ribs are still hurting like a motherf***er).

I absolutely cannot afford a binder right now, but I'm also not sure I can keep using the bandage every day without eventually doing myself some kind of injury (which, with no insurance, would be a very bad thing.)

Have started wearing a wife-beater under a dress shirt instead of my usual fitted t-shirts, but I still feel like my body doesn't look male enough. (And can I mention how bad it sucks to have to buy boys' shirts, because the men's ones are too big? Seriously, the little plastic cufflinks and clip-on ties just make me feel a brand-new kind of pathetic. lol.)

Guest sean0

I'd strongly recommend the double panel compression shirt from Underworks. It got me pretty flat and I used to be a C, D before HRT. It can be rolled up double for extra compression if you need it and it's fairly invisible under a tee. It's comfortable as far as binders for bigger chested guys go and doesn't restrict breathing. You shouldn't really bind for more than four or five hours at any time anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I want a binder from Mango, but they cost too much. That's what my mom thinks.

I got me some big boobs, even for a 15 year old, and I just want something that makes it look like a guys chest, since I like to wear tighter shirts.

The only thing I can think of is a mastectomy. Anyone know how much that costs?