• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Oil Paintings

Guest N.Chaos

Guest N.Chaos

So, these are almost all inspired by a certain individual that I've got ridiculous amounts of hatred for, but at least he's inspired me to start painting again.

The last one's got nothing to do with personal stuff, just my little homage to Silent Hill <3

6e03be81108638.gif 18a4fd81108639.gif 9b525481108642.gif

Guest Donna Jean

Beautiful stuff, Nick...

Dark and moody, but really nice...

Thanks for sharing them....

I love the one on the left...the girl...

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Some days I am really in the mood for dark - today is one of those so I love these images.

Very nice, I like the style - I am impressed.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Elizabeth K

Third one? I enlarged it - wings cut off? You say no connection but... Your addicted friend? Moved me...

Lizzy

Definitely some good art work. I don't know what you are trying to present in your art, but what I see in all of them are tortured souls that have been through many battles. I notice in the first and third paintings you can't see the face and thus have to study the rest of the paintings to find the essence of what the painting is trying to portray. In the second painting with the face, I see the outer cover of the individual acting as though everything is normal while the dark faces on the wall shows the actual feelings and struggles of the person in their inner mind. At least that's the way I see it.

Good artwork. I'd like to see more of it.

Love Susan

Guest N.Chaos

Thanks everything, seriously, it means a lot to me. Elizabeth, the wingless one is based off someone who's had intercourse me up alot in the past, and I hold a lot of...unpleasant feelings towards him. It inspires a lot of my stuff, so you'll probably notice a common theme in my art..

I like to play alot with identity and faceless-ness in everything I do, so there's a lot of stuff where it's either from behind, or the face is all messed up.

Guest misha1144
So, these are almost all inspired by a certain individual that I've got ridiculous amounts of hatred for, but at least he's inspired me to start painting again.

The last one's got nothing to do with personal stuff, just my little homage to Silent Hill <3

6e03be81108638.gif 18a4fd81108639.gif 9b525481108642.gif

These are wonderful and several of them speak to me. What sizes are they and are they for sale?

Best, Misha

Guest N.Chaos

*beams* Misha, they're all pretty huge, I'll get the exact sizes this weekend if you like. The middle one is the hugest, it's done on what looks like one of those huge floor tiles.

As for price, I'm not even sure yet, I didn't think anyone would actually want to buy them!

Guest N.Chaos

I just realized I made abit of a typo, the last one IS personal, very much so. It must've glitched, there was supposed to be a fourth painting, the silent hill one X_X

Guest Micha

Holy. . .whoa. . .

Yeah, an overwhelming amount of emotion here, especially despair. I really like the first one, just conveys so much internal conflict, but it doesn't specify where it comes from or whether it's all in the individual or from an external source, but it's pain and sorrow and it pierces my heart. Aesthetically I really love the faces in the walls of the second one, that's a wonderful effect.

Guest N.Chaos

Thanks Micha, the first one ironically was supposed to be about shedding off all the B.S and pain, and rising above it at all costs. The faces are inspired a lot by Francis Bacon, probably my favorite artist of all time. He does a lot of these crazy screaming faces, he's incredible.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Cynthia Of Creation

Beautiful stuff, Nick...

Dark and moody, but really nice...

Thanks for sharing them....

I love the one on the left...the girl...

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

First one is my favorite!

I thought that was really cool the third one how the reaper is there, At least it looks like the reaper to me.

This stuff could be like ink blots, What do you see? wow Intense

Very Very Very Very Good

Guest Sam_P

The first one is my favourite too. I've snagged it for my desktop, hope you don't mind! Black/red themes are a weakness of mine. :P The faces in the peripheral of the second one are awesome. :D

• 4 months later...
Guest Brinnee

I think that the heavy saturation in these really sets the mood you were trying to convey.

Excellent work. Please continue on doing art... Forever! XD

-Brett-