• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Beerless Beer And Tobaccoless Tobacco

Guest Evan_J

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Flint

• JJ

• Ravin

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys, what are your favourite things to do which do not require technology?

Define technology. Do instruments count? If not, then I like playing music.

Otherwise, I like reading, running, and playing 'guess the tree species' when I'm outside. I'm rubbish at starting any of these things, but I enjoy them a lot when I'm actually doing them.

I also like sleeping, but I'm not great at it. I'm good at starting this one though.

• Forum Moderator

Oh And swimming-and reading. And art.

You know as long as I have the net I can say that the best things in life are non-techno. Let the net go down and I howl like a banshee and wail continually till it comes back. Kind of like I don't really feel the need for technology as long as I know it is there when I need it-like when I get up in the morning till I go to bed at night. :D

Guest Jay09

favorite thing to do without technology, is snowboarding, running, fishing, tracking animals, reading, swimming, eh i guess i just like to be outside! :) Its that country boy in me, i cant get rid of it, no matter how long i been in the dang city!

Cool.

The only thing I can think of is reading. Not much else to do around here and it's not like I can go out doing sports...

and colm depends on the instrument. Some are fine. Others like electric guitar obviously not... :P

Guest CariadsCarrot

You know as long as I have the net I can say that the best things in life are non-techno. Let the net go down and I howl like a banshee and wail continually till it comes back. Kind of like I don't really feel the need for technology as long as I know it is there when I need it-like when I get up in the morning till I go to bed at night. :D

I'm totally the same lol

I love reading, writing, craft stuff, drawing and painting, spending time with my dog...when my body's up to it swimming, walking in country areas, putting together a good DIY project, acting and dancing.

...or course if my power chair is technology you can cut most of those out lol :P

Gabe

• Forum Moderator

Mine is a little old fashioned-hope nobody minds but I always did have a weakness for an old classic.

deu1.jpg

Mine is a little old fashioned-hope nobody minds but I always did have a weakness for an old classic.

deu1.jpg

Alright, alright, I'll bite. Duesenberg, one of the J models (SJ?), early 30s?

• Forum Moderator

Very good! 1935 Dusenberg SJ LaGrande Dual-Cowl Phaeton.

Lusted for a Dusie since I saw one in person when I was 13.

BTW for all of it's opulence it could hit 160 mph + and keep it up. With all that massive body could hit 100 in 17 seconds. And over 75 years later nearly half of the Dusenbergs ever made are still on the road. THAT was a car!

It's a beautiful car. I like older cars, too, not just the recent Aston Martins. Less so with the 70's, though, (sorry, Matty, although the e type series III definitely wasn't the worst thing to come out of the 70s, by far)

I like old classic cars. I also like motorbikes. And If I could I'd ride motorbike. ;P But where would I put my stick? And what if I need to use my chair? it's just not practical. I guess I could do what Dr house did and make a thing at the side of the bike to clip my stick on...

Yes that is what I'll do.

So i've taken the car back to my garage and today I'm parking my bike in front of the building.

harley-davidson-motorcycle.jpg

does anyone know where/how I can learn more about cars and motorbikes easily? See my illness makes me have cognitive problems especially when something is full of facts, long to read and uses complicated words. I Need simple bite sized descriptions of things for my brain, I need a bit of writing a long with if possible pictures showing exactly what they're talking about. Just hearing someone talk about it doesn't help, I have auditory problems where my brain can't always process all the words that have been said to me to make sense and instead many of the words come out as mere noises. I'm explaining this because if anyone knows of any sites or books or whatever with information that sounds like the kind of things I'm looking for it'd be helpful. I've always wanted to know more about them rather than just looking and thinking their nice.

Cheers in advance.

Guest Sam_P

Very good! 1935 Dusenberg SJ LaGrande Dual-Cowl Phaeton.

Lusted for a Dusie since I saw one in person when I was 13.

BTW for all of it's opulence it could hit 160 mph + and keep it up. With all that massive body could hit 100 in 17 seconds. And over 75 years later nearly half of the Dusenbergs ever made are still on the road. THAT was a car!

I could've got that! Well... using Google's reverse image search. ;)

http://www.louwmanmuseum.nl/asp/appmain.asp?appactie=collectiedetail&taalcd=&collsq=5362

(Btw for anyone who wants to try it you just drag the image into the search bar here: http://images.google.com/)

Guest CariadsCarrot

I understand that Matty coz I have some cognitive problems myself. I understand things in writing easier than verbally coz I can read it as many times as necessary. I'm not so sure about sites or books but did you know there is a disabled bikers association? they may be able to help you. I know if I'm ever in financial position to be able to get a bike I'm gonna have to get their help on either getting a custom build or help adapting so that I can carry or drive from my chair. I've seen pictures so I know it's possible but I'm not anywhere near able to do that kinda build myself. I SO wish I was though. A project like that would be my dream!

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Forum Moderator

Hey guys-Thought I'd raise this thing from the dead. It is a place to talk about some of the guy stuff that you don't want to start a whole thread about or know where to put for that matter.

Likes and dislikes and problems.

Like the observation that using an stp on a windy day can be a major challenge :D

Or the fact that sometimes body hair can be really weird too. Mine is creeping slowly north and has reached a point that I find is a real mental disconnect for me.

And I hate not being able to cry but I cannot anymore except inside. My Newfoundland died in his sleep last night-he was fine yesterday however he was 11 and that is ancient for the giant breeds. Iit was a mercy that it was just slipping away. But the whole family is in tears. Except me.

Of course you can share good things here too. I think the loss of my dog just has me more focused on the negatives today.

One good thing-my shoulders are 45 inches around. Not bad for a small guy-and my chest-measured guy wise is 41. (In other words not measuring appendages but at widest point) My butt is 37. Getting there. I'll accept not crying for the other things T has done

Johnny

Guest KaelParker

Congrats on all of your positive changes Johnny. You are a great example of what testosterone can do for a person. It has made you look very masculine and it's obvious that you are now more confident and comfortable. That's wonderful.

However, I'm very sorry to hear about your dog. It sounds like he was a member of the family, not just a pet. It's hard to lose that.

As for me, I'm sort of frustrated today. -.- My counselor was supposed to send off my letter of recommendation to my endocrinologist yesterday, but since I've received no calls or emails since then, that doesn't seem the case. I also sent her my coming out letter that I will be giving to my managers and I had hoped to give it to them before the week ended. Well, it's Friday and still nothing. Disappointing, but I know that my counselor is a very busy woman. It's just that I've waited for so long! It's frustrating, but I suppose now that I'm so close I can wait a little bit longer.

But overall I'm very happy because now I'm only five days away from my first appointment with my endocrinologist! I'm not sure if that appointment will be my first shot of testosterone, but either way I'm very VERY excited. :)

• 4 months later...