• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I Feel So Useless

Guest KellyKat

Guest KellyKat

Hi all.

Sorry you haven't seen much of me lately. My wi-fi has been dropping the connection so much that it's been useless to even log on.

I just heard from my best friend yesterday. She called me choked up and crying. Her house had burnt to the ground. She lost everything.

She's tough as nails - but a sentimental softy - just like me. It hurt her the most to lose her pictures, momentoes, cherished items from friends and family passed on. The things that can never ever be replaced.

I was in shock just hearing her speak. I asked her if she was all right, and how did it happen. Thankfully she was alright, she wasn't home.

No idea as to what caused it. I asked if she needed somewhere to stay. I'd gladly kick myself to the couch and let her have my room.

She thanked me but was already set to stay with another friend. I felt so badly for her. And at such a loss as to what I could say or do.

As she let her grief out. Why was it that everytime she got something nice, or one step ahead she would get knocked back even farther than before? I told her that I could sympathise at least in some small part. Having no licence and losing my house to forecloser. I had to rely (beg) friends and family to help me move. I myself lost so many things that were special and irreplaceable to me. I was asked so many times why you want this or that. Sorry already through that out. I felt like my whole life had been packed by a bulldoser.

She started to apologize for adding to my burdens I know you have alot going on, I don't need to add to it. This through me into a panlc - I was meaning to comfort her - not make her feel worse. I tried to tell her the point I was meaning. That it really sucks to lose the things that have all the special meaning to us - but we will never lose the feelings for the ones who gave them to us. I think she got that message. I am so much better with the written word than the spoken.

After a bit she asks how things are going for me. Same old... pinchin' pennies into dimes, next step to get my licence back, dying to start LHR.

I told her about changing my hair to auburn. Then asked if she could keep a secret. I already know she can and will. She is the only one that I'm out to. We've been friends for years. I said how'd you like me to text some pics of me dressed. Oh my she was all about that!!! Yeah!! She asked if I was going to keep my name or change it. I said I was going to go from Kelly James to Kelly Kathleen (Kat) she loved it. Said that sounded perfect for me. She had to let me go as she was pulling into her friends drive, and thanked me for cheering her up some.

I tried to send the pics off my phone wasn't able. !#$%! phone. My text was no go on phone. Got on yahoo messenger and was able to text her phone but couldn't upload photos. !#$% Finally ended up sending them in a email. She won't get see them till Friday, when she'll be at a computer. I also added a link to Laura's to see what I'd been up to - or even join as a friend / SO if she feels up to it.

Called her up later to see how she was and let her know that I was there for her anyway possible. She has done so much to help me. Basically my entire moral support group. My family has always been iffy at best. God knows what they'll be like when I out to them. Right now I feel so helpless to help. With no car or licence I can't even go to see her. All I can do is be a voice over the phone. Life just plain bites in times like this.

If you could think of my friend B (that is the name and spelling she goes by!!) in your thoughts and prayers. It would be most appreciated.

Luv Kat :)

Guest Alex Blitzen

It sounds like you did all you could for her :) Support in a situation like that is a very good thing to get. She is lucky to have such a great friend. I will keep her in my thoughts and I hope things get better for her soon. *hugs*

Guest Opal

Hi Kat,

So sorry to hear of your friend's losses. Words seem so inadequate at a time like this. I'm sure that by being a friend to her meant more than you might realize. Hope that the connection improves, and you can get her the photos.

Take Care and Hugs,

Opal

Guest Donna Jean

Kelly.....

I am sincerely sorry about your friends loss...I'll be thinking of her.

And you are a very good friend yourself, to offer her a place and to be there for her...

These things in life can test our resolve...hopefully she can get back on her feet again....

Huggs

Donna Jean

Guest ChalenAustin

I like to believe that everything happens for a reason, whether we see the relevancy of reason now or not.

She will get through this, as it sounds like one of those horrible incidents that was just meant to happen.

You are a phenominal friend and I hope you realize that, too!

We will keep her in our thoughts and prayers.

In the mean time you owe yourself a big hug and pat on the back yourself.

Maybe the beauty that was supposed to rise from this whole thing is the purity and closeness of your relationship with each other.

A bless ing in disguise. The most sneaky kind of ones!

Bless you and your friend. Have faith that everything will work out. Because it will!

PEACE AND LOVE

Guest Evan_J

You were all that a friend could be; someone to go through the moment with. We can't banish them for one another. Both you and her seem to be good at hanging on through the rubble thats the philosophy of the turtle; you don't have to make theatrical motions to still be in the race ;) Will send good vibes to her.

You have been a good friend and in this world I have found nothing of any greater value.

It is difficult when you want to do so much more than you know you can but in the big scheme of life - friends are more important than possessions - she lost her things but her friend remains.

Love ya

Sally

Kat,,,thats heartbreaking stuff ,,how the heck do you put that right ????

Its at times like these folk need one another and you are an angel

for being there for your friend . I hope she gets her life back to some

kind of normality asap ,,,so sorry Hun,,,,luv,viv .

Guest Elizabeth K

Kat - you did good. She needs YOU! Possession are fleeting - family heirlooms and photos get destroyed. Friendship and love endures!

YOU TOLD HER - SHE ACCEPTED YOU? THAT'S THE BEST PART!

So sorry to hear terrible news about the fire, happy to hear good news about a good continuing friendship!

What else can be said!

Lizzy

Guest KellyKat

Thank you all for your well wishing and support for 'B'. I know that we are both there for each other in moral support. I wish there was more I could do for her now. She knows that and promises to put me to work when the time comes. lol

You might not see me as much for a bit. I've alot on my plate for the moment. And my wi-fi never seems to work when I need it. Keeping my fingers crossed I'll finish this post.

To all my friends and family here. I love you all - You're the best!!! I'll try and keep you updated as I can. Everything is as good as can be for now.

Luv Kat

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 224 Guests (See full list)

• vVinegar077