• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Utterly Disgusting

Guest Melanie Dawn

• Root Admin

I agree with you. Fred Phelps and his gang of hate mongers from the westboro baptist church are totally disgusting.

I've moved your topic here to the General forum. Everybody needs to see this.

MaryEllen

Guest Jean Davis

To picket a funeral. :angry:

Yes I'm sure that God came down and told these idiots to spread hate in God's name at the funeral of Ronnie James Dio.

That sounds like our ALL FORGIVING GOD.

LUV

Jean

Guest Hoslers_wife

I've been following the westboro Baptist cult for a while ( since the last time they protested in Seattle) they are sick. The only thing you can do is prey FOR them. There's nothing anyone can do to change their minds and that's sad . Some times people are born with only half of a brain. And im fairly certain in their case, half a soul.

Guest NatashaJade

They need to stop giving this hateful terrorist (and he is a terrorist) a platform and news coverage. This waste of air protests military funerals and they can do nothing about him and his band of jackals. I don't believe in hell, but for this guy, there can be one. I'm okay with that.

Gin

Guest thefireship

Protesting is one thing. People should be able to do that. However, hitting up FUNERALS is completely.. augh.

There really ain't words for it. I mean, if they are happy someone is dead, fine, let them cheer on their own website or throw a big old party over it on their own turf, NOT in front of grieving families. That is a line that should never be crossed.

Guest Shiratori

I'm an atheist but the Westboro Baptist "Church" make me hope there is such a place as Hell, just for the knowledge that they'll be guaranteed a place there.

Guest ChloëC

Go ahead and hate your neighbor

Go ahead and cheat a friend

Do it in the name of Heaven

You can justify it in the end.

That to me says it all about these groups.

What is really sad, is that I don't think there are any true Christians left. Most are like Peter and in denial for fear that they may be somehow branded, or more likely church leaders who should know better are afraid they may lose some members who contribute, since it now seems all about money, doesn't it. Christianity is love not hate. But hate is so much easier to fall into. Stirs the emotions and it's fun, too. Love is for sissys. Very sad..................

(I'm sorry, that's my diatribe for the week, or month, or whatever)

Chloë

Don't worry. Fred Phelps time will come and I intend on dancing and doing other things to his grave. I may even dig him make his corpse do embarrassing things. :D A girl can dream at least.

Guest chngnwnd

I would humbly suggest that the membership of Westboro Baptist Church need to start to actually read the Bible instead of beating people over the head with it...

Bobbie

I've been following the westboro Baptist cult for a while ( since the last time they protested in Seattle) they are sick. The only thing you can do is prey FOR them. There's nothing anyone can do to change their minds and that's sad . Some times people are born with only half of a brain. And im fairly certain in their case, half a soul.

I think you're cutting them too much slack saying they have half a soul. ;) I don't think they have a soul at all.

Guest ReginaRenea
I agree with you. Fred Phelps and his gang of hate mongers from the westboro baptist church are totally disgusting.

I've moved your topic here to the General forum. Everybody needs to see this.

MaryEllen

Hi; I have an idea! Lets go picket thier church like they do to everyone else.

Give them a taste of thier own medicine. And ask them where in the bible does it say to go out

and harass your fellow man or woman? I have to say- I am a non denominational minister since july 2003.

So i'm alittle familiar with the bible. It's just down right disgusting what some so called humans will do to

others. They actually make me ashamed of the human race. That article struck a nerve on me.

To err is human, to forgive- devine. In the bible it says to forgive them because they know not what they do.

but- no where in the bible does it say to forget. They should remember what they did and are doing because it

will come back to bite them ten times over. Sorry for ranting. Luv always Regina Renea

Guest ReginaRenea

The way they are acting- it might be that they are sharing one brain and the wrong guy has it.

As for soul- they gave that up the first time they went against God in God's name.

Never use the Lord's name in vain, and people like these are dragging His name in the dirt.

When they die they will most likely see hells gates instead of the golden ones.

Love all no matter what they do to you, it will kill them!

Luv Ya All Regina Renea

Guest ReginaRenea
I'm an atheist but the Westboro Baptist "Church" make me hope there is such a place as Hell, just for the knowledge that they'll be guaranteed a place there.

I think that gurantee is already in place. Luv Ya Regina Renea

Guest ReginaRenea
Go ahead and hate your neighbor

Go ahead and cheat a friend

Do it in the name of Heaven

You can justify it in the end.

That to me says it all about these groups.

What is really sad, is that I don't think there are any true Christians left. Most are like Peter and in denial for fear that they may be somehow branded, or more likely church leaders who should know better are afraid they may lose some members who contribute, since it now seems all about money, doesn't it. Christianity is love not hate. But hate is so much easier to fall into. Stirs the emotions and it's fun, too. Love is for sissys. Very sad..................

(I'm sorry, that's my diatribe for the week, or month, or whatever)

Chloë

Chloe, What I have found in my personal exsprience is that most of the reverend bigmouths out there are really in it for the money not the people.

I've seen a few of them really stumble and fall down by not practicing what they preach. Then they have nerve enough to condem others in the name of God. It's okay to hate what a person does but you really should hate the person. You start hating the person and the hate will take over.

The saying of Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, almost means nothing to people like this baptist group. Sorry, ranting again.

Take care Chloe. Luv Ya Regina Renea

Guest chngnwnd

I have to agree with this point on hate...hate is poison to the soul.

These alleged "Christians" from Westboro Baptist Church are poisoning themselves - even though thier behavior is offensive an hurtful to others, it is hurting them more.

Karma is an ugly thing when you act like they do...

I still think they need to actually read the Bible, too...

Bobbie

Guest praisedbeherhooves
This is the most vile, disgusting thing i have EVER read!

Click this

Melanie Dawn

These guys are lunatics. Paying attention to them just feeds their attention seeking.

Guest praisedbeherhooves
This is the most vile, disgusting thing i have EVER read!

Click this

Melanie Dawn

These guys are lunatics. They also picketed Mr. Roger's funeral.

Guest Kieri

I watched a BBC documentary on these people to figure out what could possibly make them believe the way they do. One word: brainwashing. The vast majority of the people in this church are apparently the children and grandchildren of the pastor, and it's sad to watch them tell other people "You're going to hell" with a smile on their faces. It was likewise depressing to watch their 6 and 7 year-olds holding signs and spouting catch phrases (which I will not repeat here) when they don't even know what they mean. They honestly believe they are the only ones going to heaven.

I think that it is amazing to see so much time spent by a 'religious organization' harboring hatred.

Hate in itself is all consuming, when you truly hate there is no room for love in your life, you are suspicious of everything and everyone - even those that seem to agree with you.

It breeds paranoia and in the end leaves nothing but hollow shells where people once were - they should be pitied but trying to teach them a lesson or even help them doesn't work - they believe in the Bible and they know that God punished people before - the great flood - and he tried to help everyone at the cost of his own son and yet they choose to hate rather than to love as Jesus taught us - what can we do to enlighten them if all of the things that God has tried did not open their eyes.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Leigh

just have to say...i looked at the wiki page (and tired to load some of their own pages)...

i think they should just have one banner site called "god hates everyone" as this seems to be what they believe.

it would be funny if it wasn't so....tragic.

peace&love

Guest ChloëC

Some here have said or suggested that this group try reading the Bible. I would suspect they already have. See, for some people, the Bible is like a smorgasbord (or Old Country Buffet). There's so much written in it, that some can pick and choose which sections or even which individual sentances or parts of sentances to grab onto, ignoring most the rest, and trumpet that they are the voice of God.

It's like that saying 'Vengeance is mine, saith the Lord'. And how many people grab that one and finish by saying, 'And I am the instrument of the Lord, here to wreak that vengeance.'

There's an old Bugs Bunny cartoon where he says to Elmer Fudd, I can tell your fortune by the bumps on your head. He feels Elmer's head and says, 'What, no bumps? I'll make some.' and proceeds to pummel poor Elmer with a heavy duty hammer.

So transpose that to these goofy little cults, who look at the line above and say, 'What, no vengeance, yet? It must because the Lord has designated me to do it.'

That's why I fear the apocalyptic cults going around, because some of those people will be getting into positions of power shortly, and they may say, What, no apocalypse, yet? I guess God is telling ME to make it happen.'

Be very afraid.

Chloë