• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Weekend & This & That

JJ

• Forum Moderator

I hope everyone has weather as beautiful as we do this morning for their weekend.

Any special plans?

I can't tell my 10 year old granddaughter about all of this yet (Her internal censor hasn't shown up for work yet. Into to her head and out her mouth is the rule and private family business is a foreign concept -where we live it just wouldn't be safe) but I prepared the groundwork last night. I basically told her that I always wanted to be a boy when I was little-that I was a Tomboy so she'd have a label and frame of reference.. This oh so girlie little girl then told me she had wanted to be a boy too. U-yeah. When I asked for more information she said "one day when I was littler I pretended I was a boy for a couple of hours" . I gave her a big hug, told her all kids want to see how it feels to be on the other side and said a prayer of profound thanks that she could never understand what I had really said.

It's time for a break for a day or two I think. Just relax and get used to feeling so alive. Besides I know I've been posting too much-my fingers are tired and sore!

Hope each of you have the best Memorial Day ever!!

JJ

Guest Elizabeth K

JJ

Hon - no such thing as posting too much - just ask Sally, Dee Jay - me - Carolyn Marie - Bernii - Zabrak - Bernii - Evan = most active posting people who are still here -over 3,000 posts - Sally is coming up in 11,000... REALLY OPINIONATED BUSYBODIES!

GRIN

Of those only two are FTM - one androgynous/trans. Ainsly is another good FTM posting fool - like we are, but caught up with post-grad stuff. We NEED you!

JJ - I wanna be around to congradulate you on your 5,000th post! HA! You have it in you I know... nosey and opinionated as we are, I am thinking!

This weekend? Gosh - I feel silly telling this to a guy - but you have a background that will allow you to understand - I have an appointment for my first professional make-over - at 'MAX" in our local big department store. I can do my day to day pretty well, and i can doll up a bit for the night-time dining, but I need to learn a lot more. We are going to look at what I can do for my eyes - all that Native American blood has given me that asian eyefold. Plus although I do have my concealer and foundation down, I cannot seem to get the cheeks right as I already have a natural blush and too much redness.

More that you need to know - ha! BUT I AM EXCITED! I have already worked with this makeup person so its all cool...

And your granddaughter! That was cute! She was empathizing with you! But yes - she will recall that conversation later... good move. And the best part of your TOPIC? You state you are alive! That makes me sorta glow inside - you are so THERE now! I want to say, yes - it's permanent - you will never forget these early days of FINALLY being able to be yourself!

Have a GRAND weekend - and we love you!

Lizzy

Guest ~Brenda~

JJ :)

I have visitation with my youngest daughter this weekend (she knows all about me and really supports me :D )

HUGS

Brenda

Guest NatashaJade

Aside from finishing up my Creative Nonfiction course, my older brother is coming into town for a hockey tournament, so I have to make some time for him and my sister-in-law. I do believe Monday has been designated as our first official "pool day" by my in-laws, so I'll be testing out my new swim shirt ;)

But you know, I'm on vacation all the time right now.

luv

Gin

• Forum Moderator
JJ

Hon - no such thing as posting too much - just ask Sally, Dee Jay - me - Carolyn Marie - Bernii - Zabrak - Bernii - Evan = most active posting people who are still here -over 3,000 posts - Sally is coming up in 11,000... REALLY OPINIONATED BUSYBODIES!

GRIN

Of those only two are FTM - one androgynous/trans. Ainsly is another good FTM posting fool - like we are, but caught up with post-grad stuff. We NEED you!

JJ - I wanna be around to congradulate you on your 5,000th post! HA! You have it in you I know... nosey and opinionated as we are, I am thinking!

This weekend? Gosh - I feel silly telling this to a guy - but you have a background that will allow you to understand - I have an appointment for my first professional make-over - at 'MAX" in our local big department store. I can do my day to day pretty well, and i can doll up a bit for the night-time dining, but I need to learn a lot more. We are going to look at what I can do for my eyes - all that Native American blood has given me that asian eyefold. Plus although I do have my concealer and foundation down, I cannot seem to get the cheeks right as I already have a natural blush and too much redness.

More that you need to know - ha! BUT I AM EXCITED! I have already worked with this makeup person so its all cool...

And your granddaughter! That was cute! She was empathizing with you! But yes - she will recall that conversation later... good move. And the best part of your TOPIC? You state you are alive! That makes me sorta glow inside - you are so THERE now! I want to say, yes - it's permanent - you will never forget these early days of FINALLY being able to be yourself!

Have a GRAND weekend - and we love you!

Lizzy

You mean in addition to everything else. I've found a place where it's good to be nosey and opinionated.?!! That is just too much.

At the rate I've been going you may not have to wait too long for that 5,000th post.

I am in a kind of different position and will be very happy if that helps bring a different perspective. When I first started here-doesn't that make it sound like more than two weeks ago!-I read some of the FTM posts and that's when I started exploring what all the possibilities were because some of the discussions were about things I knew I didn't want to do. Yet I am certain about being primarily male. I haven't seen many posts by people who want to stay just the way they are non-op either. I feel guilty sometimes when I read the posts that I am in this incredible place while so many are suffering so much. I wish I could share that I have felt utterly hopeless too-( I have scars from cutting and lost track of how many suicide attempts there have been-it's amazing how many things won't actually kill you. I called a moratorium on it from the time my daughter was born till she left home - I had to be there) but I made it. Not long ago I believed my life was over. Today it has really just begun. Sure it would have been nice if it had been a long time ago or different from the start but right now I can't even feel regret-I've done with that. Well-there I went again. Once I opened up I can't seem to stop. Maybe it'll wind down.

Your makeover is so exciting ! I only wear make-up a few times a month now but it's one of the things I didn't want to give up. It should be so much fun. Having that Asian fold can be a challenge at first but it can also be so exotic and beautiful. I have a lot of sun damage to my very fair skin and I couldn't get regular makeup to look the way I wanted anymore. So I tried the mineral makeups-the ones you get in Walmart don't work as well- but I have been very, very happy with the ones I bought on Ebay. The ones with the infomercial-Bare Escentuals have actually done everything they said. You'd love the blush-way more subtle shades. I'd recommend one of the sample kits they sell on Ebay. You can play with it and find out what works best for you.I have the Lupus mask a lot and the makeup covers it like nothing else will..I looks ten years younger wen i wear it. I really think you'd love it-looks fantastic and is much easier to use than anything else. I really don't sell this stuff-just use it

Isn't this a wonderful world-you just got makeup recommendations from a guy. Okay-I have to admit my other part was at least leaning over my shoulder.

Can't wait to hear all about the makeover!

JJ

• Forum Moderator
JJ :)

I have visitation with my youngest daughter this weekend (she knows all about me and really supports me :D )

HUGS

Brenda

How wonderful- I know you'll treasure every moment.

JJ

Guest Elizabeth K

JJ

Isn't this a wonderful world-you just got makeup recommendations from a guy

FUNNY

And let me know when you are ready to rebuild that engine in your car! I know of a girl who can help!

hee hee

LOVE YOU

Lizbet

Guest Donna Jean

This is the weekend in my part of the world where we are sure that there are no more frosts....

So, I'll be tilling, mowing, planting seeds, plants and bulbs...

I'll be a very busy girl!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Guest My_Genesis

Not any big plans, but probably going to visit my cousin Sunday into Monday. We've been hanging out on weekends lately, and he and his mom both call me RJ and are being pretty supportive of the trans stuff which is awesome. We're probably gonna go bowling and see a movie. I've been wanting to go bowling for awhile (I love to bowl), but we haven't been able to go... I don't really have any friends in the area who are interested so I figured I'll go with him. Plus, being on the internet all day gets boring... I'm not back in school again til July. Not much to do other than wait to start T so I can go out as a guy and not worry about whether I pass or not wherever I go.

Hope everyone has a great memorial day weekend. :)

• Forum Moderator
Aside from finishing up my Creative Nonfiction course, my older brother is coming into town for a hockey tournament, so I have to make some time for him and my sister-in-law. I do believe Monday has been designated as our first official "pool day" by my in-laws, so I'll be testing out my new swim shirt ;)

But you know, I'm on vacation all the time right now.

luv

Gin

Creative Nonfiction course-as in writing? How cool! I'm writing a book-been told I should all my life-but it's a fantasy. I really hate being tied down to reality. Nonfiction is much harder.

I don't know what the research is but I am convinced that trans people are more intelligent and creative-GRIN.

Sounds like a full weekend and I envy the pool day. Coming from a different direction swim suits were always a source of irritation for me-even when I had no idea why -but my daughter gets excited when she wears a new one for the first time.

My daughter works at a 5 star resort and has to work long hours every day this weekend plus the lake will be overrun with people but in spite of all that holidays just have a special buzz for me.

JJ

• Forum Moderator
JJ

Isn't this a wonderful world-you just got makeup recommendations from a guy

FUNNY

And let me know when you are ready to rebuild that engine in your car! I know of a girl who can help!

hee hee

LOVE YOU

Lizbet

If you were any closer I'd be knockin on your door right now. Cars hate me. I have one on strike and one threatening.

Love you too

Jj

• Forum Moderator
This is the weekend in my part of the world where we are sure that there are no more frosts....

So, I'll be tilling, mowing, planting seeds, plants and bulbs...

I'll be a very busy girl!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Oh yea-I'd forgotten about up North. Sometimes in Nebraska we got a frost in June and some years we didn't even get the customary 2 weeks of good weather. I swear one of the last years I lived there it was snowing one day and 90 the next. And it stayed 90 or above for 3 months too.

Of course when you have made it through a northern winter you have such a sense of accomplishment.

No one here even knows snow squeeks and they call off school for less than an inch of snow.

But they usually plant in March-if there's a frost it's short and things can be protected.

You notice I said they. I have surrendered in the battle against wildlife. They are smarter than I am. It has been proven. Both possums and raccoons have hands! A fox actually does like vegetables and a bear and her cub can strip even a small commercial sized orchard in an incredibly short time. That time I was going to file a police report-every single huge luscious peach-only a day from harvest-was gone in just the couple of hours I was at the lake. (Well there was one shriveled hard little green one at the top of 1 tree..bears have a twisted sense of humor) but the natives clued me in and save me from the humiliation of having the sheriff tell me I was trying to report a theft by a bear.

I envy you-gardening is so satisfying ... Except when it is so frustrating.

Huggs to you too

JJ

• Forum Moderator
Not any big plans, but probably going to visit my cousin Sunday into Monday. We've been hanging out on weekends lately, and he and his mom both call me RJ and are being pretty supportive of the trans stuff which is awesome. We're probably gonna go bowling and see a movie. I've been wanting to go bowling for awhile (I love to bowl), but we haven't been able to go... I don't really have any friends in the area who are interested so I figured I'll go with him. Plus, being on the internet all day gets boring... I'm not back in school again til July. Not much to do other than wait to start T so I can go out as a guy and not worry about whether I pass or not wherever I go.

Hope everyone has a great memorial day weekend. :)

Sounds like a good weekend to me. Seems like the big plans often go awry or leave me feeling disappointed while the hangin out doin things I enjoy leave me feeling good.

• Forum Moderator
That is just the cutest darn response!!!!!

And she's beautiful too!

We haven't communicated much but I really love your posts!.

Happy Weekend!

JJ

• Forum Moderator

Sounds great!

Enjoy

By the way you have the coolest profile picture!

Jj

Guest Opal

Hi JJ,

I'm planning on finishing up planting in the garden. I've also got some stuff to load for next weekend's swapmeet. Just got a couple of new pairs of shoes today, and hope to try them out as well.

Hugs,

Opal

• Forum Moderator
Hi JJ,

I'm planning on finishing up planting in the garden. I've also got some stuff to load for next weekend's swapmeet. Just got a couple of new pairs of shoes today, and hope to try them out as well.

Hugs,

Opal

A swapmeet!! Can I go? I love swapmeets and there aren't any here.

Enjoy those shoes! I never could get excited about new shoes-I prefer favorite old ones-but I know from my friends and family how much they loved getting new shoes.

Hugs,

JJ

Guest NatashaJade

JJ: Creative Nonfiction course-as in writing? How cool! I'm writing a book-been told I should all my life-but it's a fantasy. I really hate being tied down to reality. Nonfiction is much harder.

I'm getting my MFA in Creative Writing and I had to take this class as part of the coursework. It's been fun and I enjoyed writing my essay, but I prefer writing fiction. My work covers a lot of genres from modernism to horror. I'm actually starting a screenwriting class next week and I'm going to write a zombie script (they are very much the monster of the day so I should be able to sell it to someone). My wife just finished writing a fantasy history of the Irish faeries. It's really a great book and we're working on publishing it now. I just have to finish the final edit.

I don't know what the research is but I am convinced that trans people are more intelligent and creative-GRIN.

I think we have to be to create and perform as the other sex all the time for so long.

luv

Gin

• Forum Moderator
JJ: Creative Nonfiction course-as in writing? How cool! I'm writing a book-been told I should all my life-but it's a fantasy. I really hate being tied down to reality. Nonfiction is much harder.

I'm getting my MFA in Creative Writing and I had to take this class as part of the coursework. It's been fun and I enjoyed writing my essay, but I prefer writing fiction. My work covers a lot of genres from modernism to horror. I'm actually starting a screenwriting class next week and I'm going to write a zombie script (they are very much the monster of the day so I should be able to sell it to someone). My wife just finished writing a fantasy history of the Irish faeries. It's really a great book and we're working on publishing it now. I just have to finish the final edit.

I think we have to be to create and perform as the other sex all the time for so long.

luv

Gin

You'll let everyone know when it's published?

What little I know about the Irish faeries is fascinating. Such a far cry from the pretty little creatures my granddaughter has on her bedroom wall.

My book is just in early stages yet-but I'm enjoying it

Thanks for sharing with me.

JJ

Guest Opal
A swapmeet!! Can I go? I love swapmeets and there aren't any here.

Enjoy those shoes! I never could get excited about new shoes-I prefer favorite old ones-but I know from my friends and family how much they loved getting new shoes.

Hugs,

JJ

Hi JJ,

Sure! Its open to all! Its mostly electronic stuff, but enjoyed it last year. Years ago I used to go to one in Colorado Springs that had just about anything one could desire. It was held out on a huge parking lot. Took a couple of hours to see everything. Don't know if they still have anything like that now.

Hugs,

Opal

• Forum Moderator
Hi JJ,

Sure! Its open to all! Its mostly electronic stuff, but enjoyed it last year. Years ago I used to go to one in Colorado Springs that had just about anything one could desire. It was held out on a huge parking lot. Took a couple of hours to see everything. Don't know if they still have anything like that now.

Hugs,

Opal

I'll be there is spirit so have an extra good time for me.

Many years ago I went to one in Denver all the time. Sold a few times too. It was HUGE -you could find anything there. The local joke was you could find the stuff stolen from your house last week and buy it back cheaper than replacing it.

I love stuff-I once had a sort of collectibles resale shop because I needed to get rid of things before I could buy more. I hate killing things but prowling a swap meet ( or antique mall) feels just like hunting without the mayhem.- GRIN-

Hugs,

JJ

Guest Opal
I'll be there is spirit so have an extra good time for me.

Many years ago I went to one in Denver all the time. Sold a few times too. It was HUGE -you could find anything there. The local joke was you could find the stuff stolen from your house last week and buy it back cheaper than replacing it.

I love stuff-I once had a sort of collectibles resale shop because I needed to get rid of things before I could buy more. I hate killing things but prowling a swap meet ( or antique mall) feels just like hunting without the mayhem.- GRIN-

Hugs,

JJ

That sounds like the Aurora swapmeet. Would hear about it from time to time, but never managed to make it there. Guess if you were tired of some of your things, just don't buy everything back!

Hunted some during High School years, but not much afterwords. B) Did manage to find a round bottom bottle the sun had turned to a light blue - marine tint. The antique collectors in my family were pretty excited about that find!

Hugs,

Opal

• Forum Moderator
That sounds like the Aurora swapmeet. Would hear about it from time to time, but never managed to make it there. Guess if you were tired of some of your things, just don't buy everything back!

Hunted some during High School years, but not much afterwords. B) Did manage to find a round bottom bottle the sun had turned to a light blue - marine tint. The antique collectors in my family were pretty excited about that find!

Hugs,

Opal

Actually it was in Commerce Cit. I lived in Aurora -twice-but don't remember a swap meet. I graduated from UNC and moved to Denver then to Aurora in the 70s. Married and moved away but moved back in the early 80s with my daughter expecting to find the charming little town I'd known What a shock! It was a nightmare when it was the fastest growing city in the nation. The final straw was an incident that was on one of the first Unsolved Mysteries. It had happened a half block away and had been a random act -the guy had walked by my house! So I fled back to Nebraska where I had lived when I was married. The 20 years total I spent there I never locked a door and only a car in a city. But I might have realized I was transgender a whole lot earlier if I had stayed around Denver. Part of my heart will always be in Denver and I will always love it. And a beautiful place in the mountains called Lake City.

The bottle sounds like a beautiful treasure! My mother and grandmother were antique collectors and I have an eye combined with an artist's love for beautiful things. Surprisingly it's often the really ugly things that sell well.

Hugs,

JJ