• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Me Again Being Sentimental

Guest Elizabeth K

Guest Elizabeth K

As I get to this point - I pass into a stratusphere only two other people have reached - 7500+ postings. Okay - I knew it was coming and sort of dreaded it because Laura's is about quality, not quantity.

BUT

Thinking past that, why not take this chance to say, after coming up on 18 months of HRT - I have really become the emotional equivilant of my true self - female in mind, TOTALLY! There are other manifestations, but one of the earliest I noticed is, now as a woman totally in mindset (no testosterone poisoning), I can truley love my friends. It's like an emotional love I have never experienced, to a depth I could never express, while playacting male. It is really overwhelming sometimes!

What I didn't understand until just recently, is I have this love for everyone in this community! A true and deep love! We are brothers and sisters here. We are the gender dysphoric and the supporters of the gender dysphoric.

DANG - I LOVE YOU ALL!

When did that happen? I just don't know? But to be honest? It feels right.

Elizabeth Anne Jenkins

Guest Hoslers_wife

I <3 when your sentimental! Your such a sweetheart! If I see your name next to a post I don't care what the thread started out as I have to read it! lol.

Guest Donna Jean

Well, Lizzy........

I have to admit that I feel that, too.....

An overall love for all in this community. At one time I just looked on, not really concerned, just going through the motions...

But now.....

It's become my family...my people...the ones that I love and care about....

Where'd that come from?

Was it the Estrogen?

No......

It came from ME!

It was in here all along...it just had to be let out....

LOVE

Donna Jean

Guest Jo22

Aw Lizzy, thats so sweet!!

i completely agree, this is a wonderful group of caring people who are always willing to help one another.

Love you all!! xx

Jo

I know I've only been here for about one month, but I do feel this is my family also. My therapist diagnosed me with social anxiety disorder and so in settings with many people I have problems coping. However the loving and caring nature of this forum really has put me more at ease. I now don't worry as much about making a fool of myself because members aren't judgmental here. Add to that on occasion I feel I have helped others and have made a difference.

I have reaaly come to loving you guys, and the more I know you the more it increases.

With a special kind of Love

Susan

Guest NatashaJade

We can love the people in our lives for different reasons. I love my wife and kids most of all. I love my dearest friends and even some members of my family. I love my students in their own special way. And I love the people here at Laura's because I've come to know many of you and your hearts and I feel that I can open up and give my love and receive love and it is important in my life.

love to you all

Gin

Guest Cris

The deep understanding of Love is amazing. I told my wife not too long ago that I finally understand true love and know how to love someone and be loved back... before it was just words. no real deep seated emotional meaning. she said welcome to womanhood.

Cris

Guest Opal

Hi Elizabeth!

It feels so wonderful to be taken in and accepted by you and everyone who is so kind and thoughtful here! Your encouragement has led me to a therapist I feel will help me to make a positive difference in my life. You REALLY do care!

Love and Hugs,

Opal

• Forum Moderator

Elizabeth you knew I ad just said a little bit earlier that i was going to quit gushing about how wonderful and special the people here are and ten you go and post something like that!

I really and truly am amazed ( stunned, overwhelmed,awe struck- nothing really conveys how amazed I am) at how quickly all of you ave come to feel like the family I always wanted. Ive worked on being cynical for so long now and you've just pulled the rug out from under my feet.

I am very self protective and can count on half the fingers of one hand the number of people in my life I have let in they way I have all of you.

You all welcomed me that first day with such acceptance and caring and have been supportive and encouraging each step of the way. You hold up and celebrate or comfort each other beyond anything I've ever seen.

Love and blessings to all of the splendid souls here!!

JJ

Guest ~Brenda~

You know that I love Laura's and you know that I love you Lizzy :)

I am glad to see you reaching a new level :)

Love you

Always

Brenda

Guest Emily Ray

Elizabeth,

I don't know when or how but I can now receive your love and be warmed by its glow. Thank you so much for loving me. I felt it here first at Laura's, by you, Donna Jean, Angie, Sally, and so many more I can't possibly name. Thank you.

Huggs,

Guest ricka

Lizzy my sweet, sweet sister I so understand what you are saying. Since I am transitioning without hormones I have to agree with what has already been said that it's more about letting the woman within--our true self come out and feel and relate to other people. I find as a woman I am much more caring and nurturing toward people and feel a deeper emotional connection than I ever experienced as a male. I am in a profession that is people oriented and i find that even though I have to present at work in male dress I am able to let my female feelings of deep caring, empathy and nurturing flow uninhibited by my mode of dress. Women are biologically made to give life--whether that be physical, emotional or spiritual life. This Mother's Day a dear friend of mine called to wish me a happy Mother's Day. That felt so wonderful to recognized as a real mother. The thing about the relationships here on Laura's is that we are biologically programed to be life giving and nurturing. i believe that is what makes this such a special place.

I was reading yesterday about a University of Michigan research study about college students and empathy. According to their study the college students of today are 40% less empathetic and far more narcissistic than their counter parts from the early 1970s. My observation about society in general corroborates this study. I am active in GLBTQ rights but feel the advances that we have made have more to do with the fact that people in general just don't give a rip one way or the other. That said Laura's is an oasis of caring and empathy for others that means so much for so many of us.

Hugs, Ricka

Lizzy, my dear sweet Lizzy,

You came to this realization a little late as did Donna Jean because you were both balancing home lives with wives still there with you.

I came to the realization that all of the truly wonderful people I had ever met were all right here - I moved into the forums before my wife even moved out.

When I am down the people who rush to my side are usually worse of than I am.

We are not a pathetic collection of rejects and perverts - no we are the pattern for a truly loving society but you might not know that from listening to outsiders - they do not know the depth of the caring and the tremendous heart that is at the very core of each of us.

Love ya,

Sally