• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A Golden Oldie...

Guest Medicine Woman

Guest Medicine Woman

Hi fellow gender varieties of wonderful people. I am glad to be here. Hope to establish some mutually beneficial friendships. I'm kinda lonely out here in the desert...wandering around behind the little animals..

I call myself Medicine Woman because I identify with the truly great, nearly forgotten tradition of the Native American third and fourth genders.

I'm ancient by pop standards, a feisty fifty nine years old with more spunk than some people are comfortable with...but if I cared I would not be Medicine Woman. I went to Thailand back in December of 2001, and now I am proud to say I am a Preecha Girl [love that man].

Born in 1951 you might say I've been around the block...in a 1965 Chevy Impala, in a concrete mixer, on a variety of Harleys...but mostly on my hands and knees trying not to get assaulted in my search for identity.

I love to write and have been published here and there, and in a book called "Finding the Real Me" edited by Katrina Fox

And sometimes I forget that this is just an intro and that I shouldn't go on and on and on and on.

Wait til I'm warmed up...my typing hands...I mean. LOL :rolleyes:

Glad to B here

• Root Admin

Hello Medicine Woman,

Welcome to Laura's Playground. That's a very noble tradition you're carrying on there. Actually, you're not ancient with quite a few of us. There are quite a few of us older gals and guys here. You're going to fit in just fine. Just take a look of the forum rules and regulations and start posting. We'd like to hear more from you. Thanks for sharing with us. :)

MaryEllen

Welcome to the forums, Medicine Woman.

Why don't you come on in and have a seat, I'll get you some fresh baked cookies and a cup of hot cocoa.

Well, I am early in my transition about 10 months on HRT but we share the same birth year - my birthday just hasn't gotten here yet.

I also write poetry and am trying to get a book published.

We just might have a few things in common.

Welcome to our family.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Donna Jean

Hello, Medicine woman!

Welcome to the Playground!

I'm Donna Jean....

I'm 60...

We seem to share a few things....I've got my surgery letter on file with Preecha...I'm 16 months HRT, Harleys, 1956 Chevys, and I follow that little animals around here in the woods and fields of S.E. Ohio....

I'll be happy to get to know you better!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Guest Elizabeth K

welcome welcome welcome

62 - 63 IN 10 DAYS - Living in New Orleans - waiting on the $$$ for the SRS - like Dee Jay, Thailand bound...

Glad to have you here - 1/4 Melungion myself with a touch of Cherokee - but thats East Coast - Surry County North Carolina...

So look around and after you get 5 posts, your private message privileges start

Lizzy

Welcome Medicine Woman,

I am 58 and 2 years on this journey, i too have my letters but prefer a surgeon a bit closer to home.

Little critters, we have 5 little furry rascals running around the house here in northern Ohio.

HUGS!!!

Paula

Guest miss kindheart

Hi Medicine Woman,

<<hug>>

Welcome to Laura's Playground.

Please feel free to come over and chat sometime.

The Chat room does require another registration that is separate from from your forums one.

Please read the chat room rules before coming in, and expect a short interview with one of the chat room moderators.

One of the things that they will ask you is if you read the rules. :)

We have MTF meetings-Mon & Sat 9pm est, and you are welcome to attend.

We all look forward to seeing you.

:wub: vanna

Guest Medicine Woman
Hello, Medicine woman!

Welcome to the Playground!

I'm Donna Jean....

I'm 60...

We seem to share a few things....I've got my surgery letter on file with Preecha...I'm 16 months HRT, Harleys, 1956 Chevys, and I follow that little animals around here in the woods and fields of S.E. Ohio....

I'll be happy to get to know you better!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

OH WOW. My Goddess, hello fellow buckeye, I was born in Dayton! Small world, ain't it? :D

Guest Donna Jean
OH WOW. My Goddess, hello fellow buckeye, I was born in Dayton! Small world, ain't it? :D

Oh my!

How cool is that?

I've been over there to see the Air Force museum!

That's the flat part of the state......I live in the bumpy part!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Guest Elizabeth K

Lived in Dayton one year - my father was with NCR. But I am a Texas girl originally - now in New Orleans.

Lizzy

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Polly

hi Medicine Woman

hmmm , at 63 and still stuck in guy land , you youngsters seem to have left me behind across the pond in UK ... I am afraid that my excitement has been limited to Lambretta pop pops , and

local cats who seem drawn to me ... but the Two Spirit tradition was shown to me by a friend and it opened my eyes .

Respect

pollydee