• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

New Orleans Ladies

Guest Elizabeth K

Guest Elizabeth K

Don't get me wrong - I have been associated with New Oleads for over 36 years - but not like now. I am living full time here now. Many know Sally is moving down here to be with me, so that guarantees two T-Girls. I am active in my LGBT - ten regulars there are FTM and good people! But I am counting the MTF in this topic - two regular at the GLBT meetings and I am one - but I know three others there who are semi-regulars - so say I know 4 T-Girls very well in the GLBT. We have two that are not always there - one is street and one is my friend Jane. There are also two college age T-Girls that pass so well you at first why they are there, but they are not regulars. So that adds up to eight. And Sally and me - that shows 10 T-Girls in New Orleans.

So I have a very good friend here that my therapist inroduced me too - Courtney, Then I also met Angie - both are post op. So I thought I was doing really well knowing all those T-Girls - but..

Yesterday I went to have a makeover. The make-up artist is a professional female impersonator, showed me her photos - wow. And another one of the girls there who does make up is a 6'3" woman who also is a T-Girl. So add two more I met yesterday. that's fourteen! So those are my New Orleans people that I know...

And there is a circle Jane said she would introduce me into - away from the bar scenes and into the private club scene.

And I have met Donna Jean and Carolyn Marie from here, and I met Jim's transdaughter Kelly! I have yet to personally meet my former roommate Veronica although we have been friends forever - I mean, in her new life.

So I feel lucky to know many MTF in person. We are out there! So many years i thought I was alone.

AMAZING

Lizzy

Guest Donna Jean

I live out here in the middle of cow country....

No resources, no Trans anything, but this one 'ole bull that we're not so sure about!

Columbus and Cleveland....two hours away or more...

The only Trans Girls that I've met have been passing through to somewhere real or I had to drive 10 hours to meet them...

Paula did come to my house twice...(Thank you, Sweetheart!)

What a life.....

*sigh*

Donna Jean

Guest Jewel
I like that idea jewel!

Actually it does sound like fun! I find the whole "six degrees of separation thing" fascinating. Which reminds me of

. :lol:
  • Admin

I'm so happy for you, Elizabeth, that you have such a large group of trans-woman friends. Angie and Amanda Joan and a few others also have local

support networks. Being with friends who understand is a true blessing.

Meeting you was a wonderful experience, even if we couldn't be our true selves. I've met three others locally, but none have become friends yet.

Someday many more of us will be together as friends. I dream about that day all the time. :)

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator
I live out here in the middle of cow country....

No resources, no Trans anything, but this one 'ole bull that we're not so sure about!

Columbus and Cleveland....two hours away or more...

The only Trans Girls that I've met have been passing through to somewhere real or I had to drive 10 hours to meet them...

Paula did come to my house twice...(Thank you, Sweetheart!)

What a life.....

*sigh*

Donna Jean

But Dee Jay, you've still got your Amish toy-boys in their buggies. I bet some of the city girls would love to watch them clippity-clop by. LOL

But, yeah, we both know we live out in the non-civilized countyside. ha ha

Mike