• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Bittersweet Moment

Guest Michele H

Guest Michele H

My baby and her boyfriend are moving in together - it's a bittersweet time for me. I had thought that she was going to wait until after graduation (August) and would be here when I came back from Surgery but that is not to be. I should maybe clarify that my 'baby' is 27 and my adopted grand daughter. Chris and Jen only get to see each other on weekends and it has become increasingly difficult for her to be away from him. I new the day was coming and was prepared to say goodbye once she graduated but I'm not now even though she asked for my blessing last Monday, I still wasn't prepared when on Sunday she said she had decided to move in with Chris. We were down in Janesville at her parents when she told me. later on I was sitting outside talking to some of Karen and lee's friends and Stacey, Jen's sister. Jen, her aunt and mom were inside. I apparently let a tear slip out and her sister went and told on me. I have been playing "house of the rising sun" (piano by Lorie Line with vocals done as a lament) non stop all day - it fits my mood as I go through the kitchen gathering up pots and pans and other appliances for them to start out their life together. It's not like she will be moving out of state and I will still see her, it's just that I'm having a hard time of it today. She jokes that she is going to come home after school so I can fix her dinner and then take the left overs to their new home to feed Chris ( he will get home much later than she will). Well, time to get out of the house - meeting up with a friend at 4.

God bless each and everyone of you

27 days until surgery

Guest Evan_J

such a sweet lady......

Michelle, I can only write on your topic from the perspective of a kid or grandkid. Now is a time of celebration for you. Yep, that's what I said. You heard right. Its the fruition of all the hard work both you and her parents did raising her. If she "stayed" forever? It would mean you only ever raised her to be a child and never gave her wings

Guest Elizabeth K

Michele! I an trying to go out - and...

You ruined my makup! Dang

Baby - I read those lines - you are such a sweet lady! Then I read between the lines - so sad!

I LOVE YOU my Michele!

Lizzy

Guest 91curiouskitten

Really feel out of place, the youngness and whatnot, but I'll phrase this as best I can...that sucks!!! I'm sorry :( But, silver lining, your daughter is growing up, and she is a mature woman, yes I'm sure it sucks horribly that she is moving out, but she is not leaving, and all you can do is relfect on how well she was raised, so amture and so early especially in todays society which even I can say ahs gone to poopsville, silver linign time! She WILL still be there after surgery, she seems accepting and supportive, and thats better then some stories I've read, You rasied a wonderful girl who turned into a wonderful woman, you;re getting GRS! lol there are some good thigns in here, but it still sucks, and it probably still hurts, so this teen will offer the only thing she can! -huggles-

and omg o.o that was the first time I reffered to myself as she without even thinking about it O_O you;re my motivation! -hugs- ^^

Guest Emily Ray

Michele,

I know this day has been heavy on your heart for sometime now. I wish words could hold you and give you a big hug, but they cannot. I am worried about you after the surgery though. Have you made plans I would really love to go and help you. I really have nothing keeping me here. You can cry on my shoulder all you want.

Huggs,

Guest Michele H
Michele,

I know this day has been heavy on your heart for sometime now. I wish words could hold you and give you a big hug, but they cannot. I am worried about you after the surgery though. Have you made plans I would really love to go and help you. I really have nothing keeping me here. You can cry on my shoulder all you want.

Huggs,

Thanks Emily, Karen, Jen's mom is going to fly down with me and stay there with me. so the hard part is always covered. You, are of course, always welcome anytime but I will be fine.

And to Lizi and Donna Jean and everyone else, thank you for your kind words