• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

New Age/ Ambient Music

Flint

Recently I found myself listening to a different type of music. And now I must say I'm absolutely hooked! I don't care what anyone thinks, if they think it's boring, I'm boring because of it. I just can't get enough of it!

Enigma - Goodbye milky way

Anyone else into this kind of music?

I know it may seem strange for me. :P

I mean I can be listening to Funeral for a friend, H.I.M and Hinder then to listening to this brilliant stuff!

Another Enigma song to check out is Sitting on the moon! I love that one too! Well I love the whole album that those two songs are on. But yea they're my two faves

Guest NatashaJade

I think all music has its time and use. There are some I listen to more than others, but I have some ambient stuff on my iPod. It's good for writing certain kinds of fiction.My wife has a lot of it for when she is doing massage work. To be honest, I like it best when getting said massage. :D

luv

Gin

I think all music has its time and use. There are some I listen to more than others, but I have some ambient stuff on my iPod. It's good for writing certain kinds of fiction.My wife has a lot of it for when she is doing massage work. To be honest, I like it best when getting said massage. :D

luv

Gin

It is good when writing. I've been having bad writers block recently and a bad phase with my photography. But I seem to be finding myself with new ideas now. And It's often while listening to this music as well.

I know a lot of people use this music to relax, cause some not all of it have a very relaxing sound to it. And some of them are clearly specifically made to relax people. But some of these songs just get me feeling upbeat. Especially if it has a good drum beat in the background like a lot of Enigma songs do. :)

Guest Donna Jean

That's interesting.......

I tend to need background sound to sleep......

I intentionally leave the TV on in my bedroom every night so I don't feel so alone....

Somehow it comforts me....

And I leave the computer music on during the day when I work around the house....

And music on my computer all day at work...It's more condusive to thinking, I think...(See!? It works!)

Donna Jean

Guest Elizabeth K

Enigma is grand! And I spun off on the celtic stuff - all of the 'Enya' albums of course. And the "Celtic Women" CD from the PBS series - oh my! HEAVY celtic drums.

But as an aside 'Sade" - her greatest hits and "I am a soldier of Love" is almost New age (really super soft listening jazz I guess).

But don't listen to me - I also like bluegrass!

DANG

Lizzy

that music made me go :/ :( >:( MAKE IT STOP!!!

in that order. lol.

Oh dear! lol sorry about that. :P but all have different taste i guess.

Guest Hoslers_wife

I <3 new age. Like you I can also be found listening to people like lacuna coil, him, ect but that doesn't mean I'm boxed into one genre. Neither are you.:-)

Enigma is grand! And I spun off on the celtic stuff - all of the 'Enya' albums of course. And the "Celtic Women" CD from the PBS series - oh my! HEAVY celtic drums.

But as an aside 'Sade" - her greatest hits and "I am a soldier of Love" is almost New age (really super soft listening jazz I guess).

But don't listen to me - I also like bluegrass!

DANG

Lizzy

I heard Enya over the years but could never get into it. Maybe that was back then. Maybe I'd like it now. Seems my taste changes ever so slightly as I get older.

In fact one of my irrational fears I have is that going on hormones will completely change my musical taste! lol soz bringing hormones in an unrelated topic!

I <3 new age. Like you I can also be found listening to people like lacuna coil, him, ect but that doesn't mean I'm boxed into one genre. Neither are you.:-)

Very true. too many people try to categorise music they listen to and then ONLY sticking to that category!

Glad someone else here loves new age too! :P:)

Guest Elizabeth K

HRT didn't change my musical tastes. I sometimes hear the lyrics differently, but good music know no boundries - it just ... IS.

Lizzy

Guest Lee-Asher Geo-James

My Internet is really really slow and I tried to listen to the whole thing but it kept playing faster than it could load.

I think that I just found a new sound to listent to :)

Thank you Matt :)

My Internet is really really slow and I tried to listen to the whole thing but it kept playing faster than it could load.

I think that I just found a new sound to listent to :)

Thank you Matt :)

My internet does that. It's annoying!

Anyway....

I know someone said it made them feel a bit :( not sure why. :P some of it may sound sad I guess. But having said that I think this kind of music seems to help my depression a little bit. Not sure how or even why. Just seems to help. Maybe it'd help yours? who knows. :)

Hey, Matt,

I sold a collection of over 5000 albums to a friend opening a Museum and I can still go listen to them and dub them onto MP3 on a hard drive.

I have all kinds of music - and New Age lead me to this style by Chuck Mangione - it is one of my all time favorites

It isn't that long about 2 minutes of silence after the song ends.

Enjoy!

Love ya,

Sally