• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Estradiol = Sore Throat ?

Guest i is Sam :-)

I can hardly believe it, I remember seeing someone else ask, and I checked the list of side effects cos I just figured it was crazy, why would it give you a sore throat? But Then I got a sore throat when I first started HRT, for a few days, and figured it was a coincidence, and then I put my dose up on monday and all today and still tonight I have a sore throat!!!

So... anyone else experience this?

Guest Donna Jean

Never had that, Sam, but I did find in a couple of places that a side effect can be sore throat!

: dizziness, flu-like symptoms (e.g., fever, cough, unusual weakness/fatigue, sore throat, muscle aches), mental/mood changes, trouble sleeping, hair loss

That's weird....

Donna Jean

Never had that, Sam, but I did find in a couple of places that a side effect can be sore throat!

That's weird....

Donna Jean

Yeah I think I saw that but took it to mean that the side effect was feeling like you had the flu. and I don't, I have none of the other flu symptoms. It'll only last 2 or 3 days anyway. I suppose there are some chemical changes maybe it upsets the balance of something, or maybe it is my glands swollen. would my body try to fight it???

Guest Donna Jean
But Then I got a sore throat when I first started HRT, for a few days, and figured it was a coincidence, and then I put my dose up on monday and all today and still tonight I have a sore throat!!!

So... anyone else experience this?

Well, I guess that the same thing applies...give it a few days and see if it subsides...

Does it make swallowing difficult?

Donna Jean

nah, i can eat fine, at least atm, it hasn't been more than a little bothersome, it feels kinda uncomfortable swallowing empty, but i haven't even bothered with having a throat lozenge.

i have felt unusually tired the last couple of days, so maybe that's a flu like side effect too.

hair loss lol i wish.

Guest Hoslers_wife

I have bronchitis right now and I'm eating lemons like crazy. I dunno if it will help with a hormone side effect but it's worth a shot. :-)

Guest amyj

Actually, this explains alot. I have gotten two severe cases of sore throat, both of which have lead to the entire loss of my voice. (Sounded like a frog for a few days.) At least now I can stop going to see my doctor when it happens, as his meds aren't going to do me any good.

Thanks for posting this!

Guest Genie

I do tend to get sore throat while on HRT, but that's only because I have Chronic fatigue syndrome. I'm hoping you were not diagnosed with such a horrible condition!