• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Questions About Pumping

Guest My_Genesis

Guest My_Genesis

I'm probably going to be starting T this month. But I live at home and don't want to by pumps because that would just be awkward to explain to my family :blink: so I'm not planning to start until I start school in July and have my own dorm room there. So if you start pumping a bit later than when the downstairs growth kicks in, do you think that will affect the length I end up with in the end?

Also, how much do you get out of pumping? Is it a significant amount or just like an additional cm. or something? I was hoping to get as close as possible to average-sized but I'm not sure I'm gonna be that lucky. I'm just wondering how much of a difference it makes if you pump.

I know where to buy a kit, I just wanted to ask these questions so I have an idea what the end result will be like.

Guest Pól

The only people I know of who've seriously looked at pumping (afaik) are Keane and (maybe?) Lewis? Haven't seen Lewis around much lately, but he's probably looked into it, at least. I'm kind of sceptical myself, but there's a post on transguys about it.

Guest Evan_J

You're due......**smacks upside head with the fish**. There is no chart/expected,typical, "usual"/preordained result.

Crapshoot.

All I can tell you is that a guy who did it REGULARLY (read: daily) and (they say) for 4 years ended up with a 5 inch meta.

And meta -outcome and growth-outcome ( at least here in the states, that I've seen) is not the same thing .

Every meta I've seen done here looks like it detracts a couple inches off what the person grew.

.....which I don't understand if doctors claim a whole other 5 inches is inside and can be released when they cut ligaments.

.......which I don't understand when I look at the results from abroad that actually look like they ADD.

But its what I see here.

I say that hearing 3 1/2 as an average growth for the majority. When I see pics of guys pre-surgery ( and I have) it looks like 3 1/2d inches. When I see the meta AFTER surgery it looks like a raisin. Can I explain what the hell these doctors are doin to fellas ? No. Personal opinion? Frakin em up on purpose. But thats my opinion.

Guest My_Genesis
You're due......**smacks upside head with the fish**. There is no chart/expected,typical, "usual"/preordained result.

Crapshoot.

All I can tell you is that a guy who did it REGULARLY (read: daily) and (they say) for 4 years ended up with a 5 inch meta.

And meta -outcome and growth-outcome ( at least here in the states, that I've seen) is not the same thing .

Every meta I've seen done here looks like it detracts a couple inches off what the person grew.

.....which I don't understand if doctors claim a whole other 5 inches is inside and can be released when they cut ligaments.

.......which I don't understand when I look at the results from abroad that actually look like they ADD.

But its what I see here.

I say that hearing 3 1/2 as an average growth for the majority. When I see pics of guys pre-surgery ( and I have) it looks like 3 1/2d inches. When I see the meta AFTER surgery it looks like a raisin. Can I explain what the hell these doctors are doin to fellas ? No. Personal opinion? Frakin em up on purpose. But thats my opinion.

lol. hey, 3.5 is totally fine with me. that's about the average anyways. I mean I still hope that's only a temporary solution and one day I'll have all the real male bits <_< but for now I am good with 3.5. I actually didn't think you even get that... ha.

Guest Evan_J
lol. hey, 3.5 is totally fine with me. that's about the average anyways. I mean I still hope that's only a temporary solution and one day I'll have all the real male bits <_< but for now I am good with 3.5. I actually didn't think you even get that... ha.

Do you know what the difference is between your bits and their bits? Exposure to testosterone prenatally and over a lifetime. Prenatally is what signals all the parts to "shift" (there was a demo of development once offered by a hospital, they took it down or I'd link to it) so that your urethra runs through the penis and the glands that become ovaries instead decend and become testicles, and the flesh that separates and become labia instead fuse and become a scrotal sack. The tissue (tissue type) though that the body of the penis is composed of is the tissue of the clitoris. Thats why testosterone even so long after birth acts on it. As someone questioned to an M.D. on it, "so, the clitoris is really a small penis?" and the M. D. responded "no, its that the penis is a hyper enlarged clitoris."

Guest My_Genesis
Do you know what the difference is between your bits and their bits? Exposure to testosterone prenatally and over a lifetime. Prenatally is what signals all the parts to "shift" (there was a demo of development once offered by a hospital, they took it down or I'd link to it) so that your urethra runs through the penis and the glands that become ovaries instead decend and become testicles, and the flesh that separates and become labia instead fuse and become a scrotal sack. The tissue (tissue type) though that the body of the penis is composed of is the tissue of the clitoris. Thats why testosterone even so long after birth acts on it. As someone questioned to an M.D. on it, "so, the clitoris is really a small penis?" and the M. D. responded "no, its that the penis is a hyper enlarged clitoris."

yeah, I know all that, I'm a science major :P

I just didn't know you can get 3.5" of growth from T.

Guest StrandedOutThere

I've heard mixed stuff about pumping. There's not really a lot of empirical work to support its efficacy, at least with genetic males. I'm assuming we can extend that work (pun somewhat intended) to include trans males.

There does seem to be at least some evidence that DHT cream is effective but nothing ironclad. Several surgeons recommend DHT and pumping. The way I figure, if DHT works a little and pumping may or may not work...go for it. As long as pumping doesn't damage stuff, then go for it.

If you look around on YouTube you will probably find some videos about making pumps. You could probably make yourself a nice one out of things that wouldn't be incriminating.

That being said, I don't currently pump or use DHT.

Guest AndrewK

Pumping hasn't done much for me. at all. I feel like I wasted a good $100 on a pump lol. Unless you plan on doing it for a few years every day I don't really see it doing much of anything for you (this is just my personal opinion from my experience).

I've heard of guys using the extra testosterone from their shots (if you take off the needle and pull back on the syringe, then push back down, you'll see there is a tiny bit of T left over) and rubbing it on their junk (mix it with a tiny bit of lube or something). I'm not sure how effective it is, but I've been doing it for a few weeks now and I have noticed more rapid growth.....that could all be me mentally hoping, though.

DHT has worked for a bunch of guys but I don't think it's easy to get in the US anymore?

Guest StrandedOutThere
I've heard of guys using the extra testosterone from their shots (if you take off the needle and pull back on the syringe, then push back down, you'll see there is a tiny bit of T left over) and rubbing it on their junk (mix it with a tiny bit of lube or something). I'm not sure how effective it is, but I've been doing it for a few weeks now and I have noticed more rapid growth.....that could all be me mentally hoping, though.

DHT has worked for a bunch of guys but I don't think it's easy to get in the US anymore?

I don't think the extra T from shots will do much. There's a reason why the T cream is suspended differently. Also, DHT is something your body makes out of T...and that's what signals growth. The regular T doesn't work in your body that way. I could be wrong. I'm not a doctor or anything close.

Still...no harm in trying it. I don't think it'd hurt.

You can get DHT cream with a prescription. You want cream, not gel, because gel burns. It is a controlled substance, I believe, which is what makes it difficult to get. People I know who got it went through a compounding pharmacy. They mix it up there. I think that bottom surgery doctors will prescribe it for you when you book surgery. Some GP's might too. You'd just have to ask.

Some guys who go to Serbia for surgery will order from this place Dr. Miro suggests. Buying it online is illegal. I've heard of people who do it, but I wouldn't recommend it. The cost of getting in trouble is just too high. The stuff doesn't work THAT well. Know what I mean?

Guest Batsu Maru Otoko Yo!

Yeah, I was reading about DHT not too long ago, and since I still have plenty of time before I have bottom surgery I think I'll have plenty of time to research any side effects that come up. From my reading, though, it seems as though it's pretty effective. I suppose I'll get the surgeon to prescribe it when it comes time for surgery.

Guest My_Genesis
You can get DHT cream with a prescription. You want cream, not gel, because gel burns. It is a controlled substance, I believe, which is what makes it difficult to get.

:hasn't done much research on this: why is it a controlled substance? do guys try to get a hold of it to improve their junk?

Guest AndrewK
:hasn't done much research on this: why is it a controlled substance? do guys try to get a hold of it to improve their junk?

Athletes can use it to try to boost T levels + performance, etc...hence why it has to be given through a prescription

Guest Evan_J

Amazingly, no. Just exactly what Andrew posted. Its why testosterone period is a class three. <<Meaning everybody and their brother is reeeal cautious about makin sure your prescription is legitimate. Its pretty hard for anybody to have a T script in terms of concern over misuse.

Guest StrandedOutThere
Amazingly, no. Just exactly what Andrew posted. Its why testosterone period is a class three. <<Meaning everybody and their brother is reeeal cautious about makin sure your prescription is legitimate. Its pretty hard for anybody to have a T script in terms of concern over misuse.

Does anyone know if DHT promotes muscle growth the same way T shots would? I've heard that the abuse potential for DHT cream, at least in terms of performance enhancement, is fairly low.

Guest Evan_J
Does anyone know if DHT promotes muscle growth the same way T shots would? I've heard that the abuse potential for DHT cream, at least in terms of performance enhancement, is fairly low.

I know it gets used for beard growth (which actually would be a secondary interest) but yeah I have heard weightlifters (its usually weight lifters) "bicker" as to whether or not its helpful. The exact convo I'm thinkin of was about DHT vs THT (whatever the hell that is) so "maybe". Course I've also figured out that it can be compounded at differnt strengths. So who knows.

Guest Pól

DHT is dihydrotestosterone, so THT is probably trihydrotestosterone? Just a guess there.

There's a page on the transguys site about DHT -- according to that page, DHT isn't anabolic, so it doesn't build up in tissues. Not sure exactly what that implies re: muscle growth. Biology is really not a strength of mine.

Guest My_Genesis
DHT is dihydrotestosterone, so THT is probably trihydrotestosterone? Just a guess there.

There's a page on the transguys site about DHT -- according to that page, DHT isn't anabolic, so it doesn't build up in tissues. Not sure exactly what that implies re: muscle growth. Biology is really not a strength of mine.

I can't find any info about whether DHT builds up tissues or not. In fact I am having trouble finding info regarding what DHT does at all. I guess a doctor would know better than the internet.

Guest Evan_J
yeah, I know all that, I'm a science major :P

I just didn't know you can get 3.5" of growth from T.

:rolleyes: Thats not why I said that. I said it cuz you said "real" bits. Your bits are as real as they actually get. Its just they're not a size you want and they got rearranged.

And thank you for reminding me of that :) -cuz after we deal with your insistence that other guys are "realer" than you I wanna remember to make you be the voice of science when its needed :D

Guest My_Genesis
:rolleyes: Thats not why I said that. I said it cuz you said "real" bits. Your bits are as real as they actually get. Its just they're not a size you want and they got rearranged.

And thank you for reminding me of that :) -cuz after we deal with your insistence that other guys are "realer" than you I wanna remember to make you be the voice of science when its needed :D

well the "real" part we don't have that I'm referring to is testicles and all the internal plumbing. That we don't get. The only exception to that would be if it turns out I do in fact have a prostate :blink: which would mean I have parts of the plumbing, but hey I want all of it :rolleyes: