• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

30 Weeks

Guest NatashaJade

Guest NatashaJade

Hi dear ones!

So I'm spending my vacation productively. This week I edited my wife's novel, ended one writing class I'm taking and started a screenwriting class. I have a really good concept that I think is very sellable. I'm going to try to write it quickly and see if I can get a buyer for it. If so, I'll have a good amount of money to bank towards moving away from Arizona and surgeries. I'm not counting on it, but I am confident in my story, so I'll be cautiously optimistic and give myself license to daydream.

Oh, and I need to leave this state. It is unhealthy! We have warnings today for both extreme heat and extremely poor air quality. Basically, they are telling us to stay indoors all the time. My kids are going stir crazy. It's summertime and they should be outside. Oh, and if any of you are blue, click this song. It's important and I think of it whenever I get sad.

So this week my blood work came back with too high t-levels. I sat in my doctor's office staring at the results before she came in and working myself into a fit. But then I stopped. I have changed. I can see it in the mirror, feel it in my body and my brain. This was a number we needed to alter my medication, that's all. So I take a couple more pills a day. That's fine. I'm okay with pills. By the time she came in, I had worked it all out. I didn't get down and I didn't cry because there was nothing to get down about and nothing to cry about. Now that things are adjusted, I'll see if that results in a greater decrease in body hair (I want it all gone yesterday...so tired of epil-shaving). We'll see what it does and when it does it. I've been patient. I will continue to be so. Today is a lovely thing (even if too hot and smoggy) and tomorrow will bring what it brings. I am going where I need to and doing what I need to and that is all I can ask of myself.

Right now my wife is cutting out patterns for clothes that she is making for me. We went to the fabric store and picked out fabrics and patters for some really neat clothes. I brought home one of the new sewing machines I bought for my theatre classes, so she was itching to break it in and as I am always mooning over the Pyramid catalog, she said that she could make clothes like them for me for a lot less and she would get to do something fun. Far be it for me to stop her :D When she's done, I'll post some pics.

Have a beautiful week, everyone. Remember that everyday above ground is a good one, no matter what happens.

love you all!

Gin

I sure can understand about wanting to leave Arizona Gin. I live in the only city in Arizona that is transgender friendly. So I don't blame you in getting out of this state. There is a strong possibility I may have to leave too. My company protects gender identity, but my co-workers I'm contracted to work with and the employees of the company I work for in this city know me as a male and I've worked with most of them one time or another. There is a good chance I may have to move too when I come to the "transition day".

Love Susan

Guest NatashaJade
Hi Gin,

I love your updates! And you've got a very positive attitude and some terrific creativity happening. Too bad your living environment is so terrible. Where do you think you'll be moving?

It feels really weird not to be approving your posts! Congratulations on becoming a Mod on top of everything else!

Love, Kat

Thanks, Kat! Arizona has some benefits for us, but I hate bringing my kids up in this environment. It's just not healthy. We really want to move to Portland. It's a good, liberal city with that lovely Pacific Northwest weather that we dream of. We know a few people who live there and they are all begging for us to make the move. Only are friends living in L.A. who moved there from Seattle are against it. There is apparently a bit of snobbery from the Seattlites towards Portland and Oregon. But we want to live there, so that is all that matters. However, there is a job possibility for the wife back in L.A. that if it gets offered, we'll have a hard time turning it down. I do miss the Pacific something fierce.

luv

Gin

• Admin

I'm glad that things are going well for you Gin. Thanks for the update.

You're wife sounds as supportive as mine, and if mine could sew, she would probably be making me clothes too. :)

If you are in the desert, then I don't blame you at all for wanting to leave. I lived in the high desert outside of L.A. for several years and

hated it. If you're wife gets the job in L.A., that would be nice too, as I would love to have a sister from LP in the area. I hope you both end

up where you want to be.

Carolyn

Guest NatashaJade
I'm glad that things are going well for you Gin. Thanks for the update.

You're wife sounds as supportive as mine, and if mine could sew, she would probably be making me clothes too. :)

If you are in the desert, then I don't blame you at all for wanting to leave. I lived in the high desert outside of L.A. for several years and

hated it. If you're wife gets the job in L.A., that would be nice too, as I would love to have a sister from LP in the area. I hope you both end

up where you want to be.

Carolyn

I would love to move back to L.A. I am a native Valley Girl. It's just so expensive. It's why we had to leave. We had a great little house up in Tujunga, but it was too small and way overpriced and we took advantage of a good market at the time and got out just before things crashed.

Ah well, I'm waiting to see where the wind blows us next. Hopefully somewhere with an ocean breeze :D

luv

Gin