• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Paranormal Beliefs And Experiences

JJ

• Forum Moderator

Since I am awaiting the book by Boylen about living in a haunted house I am curious about other people's experiences.

I saw my first ghost at 6 and didn't hear the full story behind it till I was in my mid 40s.

I walked home from school and as I came to the driveway I saw the stray dog that I had been trying so hard to get my grandfather to let me keep laying by the driveway covered in blood. I went over to look at him and he had been shot in the head. I was furious and disgusted but knew better than to say anything to my grandparents but I remember refusing to speak to them that night. I woke up in the middle of the night and the dog was standing on the stair landing bathed in moonlight from the window in the porch door on the landing. He was so beautiful with the silver light sparkling on each curl in is coat! He turned is head and looked at me and vanished. But I felt much better and at peace.

The really odd part of the story came when I was talking to my grandmother about 40 years later. I asked why-knowing I was so fond of that dog my grandfather had left it dead by the driveway for me to find like that. My grandmother was stunned because I could never have actually seen the dog dead or known that he was shot in the head. He had shown signs of poisoning and was suffering and my grandfather did shoot him in the head but immediately took the body out to our farm in the country and burned it while grandmother washed the blood off the grass. There was no trace wen I came home hours later.

There have been other incidents-I lived in a sorority house we had just bought and before the end of the year every single person including the house mother had experienced the frightening, seemingly impossible things that happened. One devout non-believer ended up fleeing the house and withdrawing from school after incidents with many witnesses. And I lived in another haunted house as an adult.

I can't rationally explain the incidents-such as a bathroom light shade flying out of the bathroom, making a 90 degree right turn and smashing on the wall. There were lots of other things that could possibly be imagination-although several years later I talked to other people who had lived in the 130 year old house and their experiences with sounds and sights was the same as mine-but I can't explain the light shade.

It is comforting to my rational mind that Albert Einstein accepted the possibility of ghosts.

Anyone else have stories to share?

Jj

Guest Opal

Hi JJ !

Well, I don't know if this really qualifies or not, but last year my brother and sister and their spouses came by to visit and to take my father to his 90th birthday celebration. Everyone but myself had gone outside to their cars and I was closing up the house. In the next room, I suddenly heard a single 'bong' from our grandfather clock. We have not used this clock in about 20 years, and I checked, the pendulum was at a dead center stop, as it has been all those years.

Opal

Guest NatashaJade

My wife and I had our honeymoon in New England and we ended up in Salem, MA for Halloween. It was pretty cheesey, but a great party. What was spooky was that all of our pictures from Salem had this weird green glow in them and our pictures of the graveyard there were almost entirely covered in this green curtain of light. There was a lot of palpable energy in that town.

luv

Gin

Guest Donna Jean

Weird....

I always feel someone lightly touch me when there is no one there...

And only here at home....

I live in a mobile home and I once dreamed that in the middle of the night I got up to use the bathroom...As I walked through the house in the dark, a ghost was standing there and said (spookily) "I'm the ghost of the trailer..."

I said..."Don't be silly, trailers don't have ghosts, houses have ghosts..."

He said "Really?" and vanished.....

Anymore, I'm not so sure....

Donna Jean

Guest chngnwnd

Like my grandmother, and I suspect my youngest son, I'm what you might call "sensitive."

There is no doubt in my mind that there is an unseen world. My grandmother even visited me right after she passed away since I could not go to her funeral.

I have seen and felt many things - my favorite, though, is when my ex-wife, my sister-in-law, and I shared the same dream. That was really cool and has only ever happened once.

Bobbie

• Forum Moderator

Thank you everyone for sharing!

I really love to hear about other people's experiences with the paranormal.

The strange thing here right now is that things I haven't seen in years keep turning up on my floor or in my bed. Dumb useless stuff. I keep telling whoever is doing it to please leave cash or jewelry but so far it's still stuff like a piece that fell off something I threw away 10 years and a move ago.

Oh well

JJ

• Forum Moderator
Like my grandmother, and I suspect my youngest son, I'm what you might call "sensitive."

There is no doubt in my mind that there is an unseen world. My grandmother even visited me right after she passed away since I could not go to her funeral.

I have seen and felt many things - my favorite, though, is when my ex-wife, my sister-in-law, and I shared the same dream. That was really cool and has only ever happened once.

Bobbie

My granddaughter is a sensitive too. When she was 3 we were renting a house on the beach in Galveston for vacation and she kept telling us about the old lady who talked to her and visited with er. She insisted on showing us were she always was-it was beside a bedroom door that repeatedly opened when latched or slammed when left open. We had the AC on-not a breeze. Lots of strange stuff happened in that house. When I searched for it after the hurricane I was shocked to see it was the only one still standing and intact in sight on that stretch of beach.. It had been in the middle of dozens of other houses which were obliterated

What always gets me is those people who work so hard to debunk any kind of paranormal experience. Their logic and explanations usually become more convoluted and improbable than anything they're trying to disprove.

The dream thing is really cool. I've had numerous precog dreams but never shared one with anybody.

My mother appeared very briefly the day she died-just to tell me se was happy-but the amazing thing was that she was young and old and everything she had been all at the same time. I can't describe it but I was surprised. It was beautiful.

JJ

Guest Hoslers_wife

When I was 16 my dad and I went to the movie store and he made a hand genture at a biker. That biker had a "one life, one way" sticker on his helmet. I asked my dad what that meant. He said it was an old Hell's Angels saying about living life on the open road. When my dad passed away last month I was driving to work and I started crying, (hysterically I might add) I had to pull over. I was crying because I was scared he was in hell. I was raised baptist and some of their more hardcore beliefs are hard to let go of because of fear. My dad wasn't a baptist. He was a biker hippy and one of the nicest guys in the world. As I'm sitting on the side of the freeway crying all I can think is "where is he now? Is he happy? Is he ok?" And a biker pulls over to see if I need help. He had that same sticker on his helmet. It may be coincidence but I don't think so. I know that was him saying he is ok.

Maybe not what your looking for but i dunno....

• Forum Moderator

Exactly what I am looking for.

I don't understand how it works or why but I KNOW the people we love can drop in to reassure us from time to time.

And I've seen proof others seem to be able to drop in too. I don't feel like most are always around but can sort of visit.

I was raised Church of Christ and then Southern Baptist but could never accept the hellfire and brimstone stuff. The God I know in the core of my being just isn't like that. I pretty much believe it's who you really are and not what concept you were taught to believe as a child that really counts. Everything else just seems like an unfair accident of birth to me.

Thank you for sharing about your father. He sounds like a great guy!

JJ

Guest Elizabeth K

Well - a series of things in my life.

My grandfather died, had worked his dairy for over 48 years. Soon after I awoke and he was standing at the foot of the bed - by the time I awoke enought o react, he was gone. I was staying with my grandmother at the time, but in the guest bedroom.

About two months later I was up early in the morning walking the dairy property. It was medium foggy and I saw him walking the fence line - I ran to see him better but he had disappeared. The dairy hands said that happened all the time.

My wife Carol died in 1976 in childbirth. I kept trying to reach her, but she never came to me. One night in 1982 I dreamed she came through the window and told me she was fine and had come to tell me so. It was the most incredible sense of peace and love. I asked her what was real, this or the life I was living. She said both are real. Then she left me again, promising to be back. She came back in 1992, about the same way. She hasn't been back since then. Unlike other who have died, I don't feel her presence that often.

My dad died in 1992. I had this guardian angel that kept looking after me - one time telling me to stop and not go through a light that was green, only to have a car speed through from the other way - which would have destroyed my car and maybe killed me. In 2004 I had my father appear to me in a dream. I asked about my mother, my Aunt B and my grandmother - why I never felt them anymore. He explained they moved on but he had stayed to watch over me. I asked about that car thing, he said it was him.

I had a friend RJ who died suddenly distressing his two boys and his wife horribly! The day before his funeral he came to me in a dream. I asked him why he was smiling if he knew his family was in such a terrible shape about his death. He said because it is so peaceful after death, that your family is with you again instantly as there was no real time for him anymore. I asked about Jesus the Christ - he said you want to see him? The Christ came to me and He was laughing! As happy as anyone ever could be! I too felt so much elevated that I began to laugh. I asked for my father again. Jesus never spoke - He didn't have too. My dad asked how I was doing and promised my mother would come back to see me. I talked to RJs wife - she said he had come to her too - through a window.

My mom came to me about two years ago. She said she needed to tell me everything was fine, then she left.

I saw a ghost in the house I bought in 1975 - it was a young girl about age 5 - long hair, standing by the closet door - I was looking to buy that house and took that as a sign. Ten years later I realized it was my daughter - I had seen into the future.

That same house had a ghost of the most mischevious kind. There was a veranda around two sides that had been enclosed in with casement windows. They had the turnbuckle type closure like you see on old cabinets. There were a pair of windows WE COUND NOT KEEP LOCKED, on that veranda. They would never unfasten if you watched. But if you left for 30 minutes and came back, they would be unlatched. We would tell this to house guests at parties. They would laugh - and so we ould demonstrate. It NEVER failed! People would get really spooked out.

My grandmother had been strangely absent. She is probably the person I loved the most (outside my parents I guess) - and it was a special bond. I once asked for her in a dream? She said she lives inside me.

All that? Our minds reconciling the inequities in the world - or real events. It really doesn't matter either way. We just need to listen watch... and dream.

Elizabeth

Guest Hoslers_wife

He was an amazing guy! Thank you! :-)

Wow Lizzy....

Exactly what I am looking for.

I don't understand how it works or why but I KNOW the people we love can drop in to reassure us from time to time.

And I've seen proof others seem to be able to drop in too. I don't feel like most are always around but can sort of visit.

I was raised Church of Christ and then Southern Baptist but could never accept the hellfire and brimstone stuff. The God I know in the core of my being just isn't like that. I pretty much believe it's who you really are and not what concept you were taught to believe as a child that really counts. Everything else just seems like an unfair accident of birth to me.

Thank you for sharing about your father. He sounds like a great guy!

JJ

Guest Jessie05

The only paranormal activity that I experienced and can remember with ease is while vacationing in St. Augustine with my family I was up late one of the nights and the sound of foot steps all of a sudden came. Well I quickly turned of my laptop and tried going to sleep then the sound of a door opening and then I heard an Old man saying "Welcome Miss Johnson". I was really frightened that night and when I woke up my older sister's boyfriend claimed he heard footsteps without me even mentioning it.

• Forum Moderator
Well - a series of things in my life.

My grandfather died, had worked his dairy for over 48 years. Soon after I awoke and he was standing at the foot of the bed - by the time I awoke enought o react, he was gone. I was staying with my grandmother at the time, but in the guest bedroom.

About two months later I was up early in the morning walking the dairy property. It was medium foggy and I saw him walking the fence line - I ran to see him better but he had disappeared. The dairy hands said that happened all the time.

My wife Carol died in 1976 in childbirth. I kept trying to reach her, but she never came to me. One night in 1982 I dreamed she came through the window and told me she was fine and had come to tell me so. It was the most incredible sense of peace and love. I asked her what was real, this or the life I was living. She said both are real. Then she left me again, promising to be back. She came back in 1992, about the same way. She hasn't been back since then. Unlike other who have died, I don't feel her presence that often.

My dad died in 1992. I had this guardian angel that kept looking after me - one time telling me to stop and not go through a light that was green, only to have a car speed through from the other way - which would have destroyed my car and maybe killed me. In 2004 I had my father appear to me in a dream. I asked about my mother, my Aunt B and my grandmother - why I never felt them anymore. He explained they moved on but he had stayed to watch over me. I asked about that car thing, he said it was him.

I had a friend RJ who died suddenly distressing his two boys and his wife horribly! The day before his funeral he came to me in a dream. I asked him why he was smiling if he knew his family was in such a terrible shape about his death. He said because it is so peaceful after death, that your family is with you again instantly as there was no real time for him anymore. I asked about Jesus the Christ - he said you want to see him? The Christ came to me and He was laughing! As happy as anyone ever could be! I too felt so much elevated that I began to laugh. I asked for my father again. Jesus never spoke - He didn't have too. My dad asked how I was doing and promised my mother would come back to see me. I talked to RJs wife - she said he had come to her too - through a window.

My mom came to me about two years ago. She said she needed to tell me everything was fine, then she left.

I saw a ghost in the house I bought in 1975 - it was a young girl about age 5 - long hair, standing by the closet door - I was looking to buy that house and took that as a sign. Ten years later I realized it was my daughter - I had seen into the future.

That same house had a ghost of the most mischevious kind. There was a veranda around two sides that had been enclosed in with casement windows. They had the turnbuckle type closure like you see on old cabinets. There were a pair of windows WE COUND NOT KEEP LOCKED, on that veranda. They would never unfasten if you watched. But if you left for 30 minutes and came back, they would be unlatched. We would tell this to house guests at parties. They would laugh - and so we ould demonstrate. It NEVER failed! People would get really spooked out.

My grandmother had been strangely absent. She is probably the person I loved the most (outside my parents I guess) - and it was a special bond. I once asked for her in a dream? She said she lives inside me.

All that? Our minds reconciling the inequities in the world - or real events. It really doesn't matter either way. We just need to listen watch... and dream.

Elizabeth

Wonderful and amazing experiences!

My grandmother that I was so close to has never appeared to me although she came to tell my aunt goodbye. But something has saved my life-several times. I like to think it is her and she doesn't visit because she is always here.

I also once saw Christ in a dream-but can't describe him-there really are no words. I was 10. He basically bought me a message that the war and strife in my life would end some day and I would walk in peace. A vision I clung to often during the roughest patches. It didn't really feel like a dream and is as vivid now as it was then.

I started this thinking that I just wanted to share other people's experiences and because this is such an accepting place. I don't tell other people about my paranormal experiences but I now realize I need to open up to that part of myself and listen and let myself dream again too.

JJ