• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Most Of My Flowers Are Gone-

Guest Donna Jean

Guest Donna Jean

Some here may know that I grow lots of beautiful flowers each year...

As I do every year, my bulbs and flowers are all in the ground and growing...

Well, yesterday Ohio had awful storms and we got more than 2" of rain in a very short period of time...

We live in a valley and have a small creek that runs the length of the property (600')..

Yesterday it went from 2' wide to 60-80ft wide and a raging torrent...

Washed away a large part of my flowers...

I guess that I can start over....*sigh*

Donna Jean

Guest Opal

Oh Dear Dee Jay! I'm terribly sorry to hear of this. I know you have been hard at work in your garden, and now this on top of everything else. My thoughts are with you.

Big Hugs,

Opal

• Admin

Oh, my! :( I'm so sorry, Dee Jay. Right at the beginning of the season too, so you didn't even get a chance to enjoy them.

Well, at least you are OK, and there wasn't any damage to your house. Flowers can be replanted. Hopefully this time there won't be

any downpours.

((HUGGSS))

Carolyn Marie

There is another way to look at this. Rather than it being a sad experience think of it as a moment you know that your flowers are doing the nature around you good. While they may have been swept away and it's sad they are feeding more life now. Perhaps they are helping more flowers bloom and you are personally responsible for another wonderful patch of flowers! You can also get to grow more, helping tend to life as you are obviously good at it!

Don't be so down =)

• Forum Moderator

Oh Donna Jean-I am so very sorry.

It's awful to lose something that means so much and that you have put so much of yourself into!

It seems so unfair when you give so much of yourself-I always look forward to your posts-they're wonderful-and I know everyone here is sending you love right now.

JJ

Donna Jean hon,

I know how much those flowers meant to you, at least you and Darcy are ok and you can start again.

The same storm system came through here, a large branch broke from my neighbors trees barely missing both our houses and, power went out for about 3 hours.

Paula

I am sorry this happened Dee Jay. I'm sure this isn't the first time this has happened. Still I'm betting you feel the time and effort are wasted and now you can't see the beautiful flowers in bloom.

I guess it's time to start over and plant more flowers.

Love Susan.

Guest BeckyTG

Dearest Sweet Girlfriend,

This must be some sort of test for you or something.... This is part of the life of having water flow through your property. It's very appealing and part of the time it lets know who's still in charge (uh, nature?).

Chin up, girl. If it took flowers, maybe it also took weeds.... At least you still have the house. Uh, right?

I am so sorry, Sweetheart. Close your eyes and I'll give you a warm, soft, long hug........

{{{{{{HHHuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg}}

}}}

I love you.

Becky

Guest Elizabeth K

Honey

Its soo sad - all that potential washed away! A freaky thing I guess - one more little joke from above!

You will replant I know! It takes much more than that to beat you!!!

HUGS HUGS HUGS

Lizzy

Guest i is Sam :-)

aww that sucks hun, i loves flowers. still you can redo it better than ever, you only let it win if you give up.

My dear Donna Jean,

The flood may have washed away a lot of the flowers but the loveliest one is still there just waiting to bloom.

That would be you - Sweetheart.

You can plant some more and remember that they are going to take root somewhere down stream and they will brighten up another area.

I Love You,

Sally

Guest NadineB
@@@

@@@@

@@@@@

\\ | //

\\|//

&&&

||

not the same but I hope it helps.

didn't work the way I planned but I hope you are able to get some new flowers and are able to rectify the distruction mother nature has distowed upon you.

Luv Nadine

Guest Emily Ray

Domna Jean,

That is some real bad luck. All that work planting amd weeding and no flowers. The life of a gardner. You do everything you can and mother nature foils your plans and ruins your work. I'm sorry dear.

Huggs,

Guest Donna Marta

Donna I grow flowers and enjoy them everyday. I hate when something happens to them. To lose so many of them at once is a painful thing. I cry for you. Hugs

Guest Donna Jean

Thank you, everyone...

I love you all.

The water is down, the sun is back out....

I've put on my "big girl panties" and started to plant flowers again....

I'm not totally defeated....just sidetracked...

There will be flowers this summer...later than I thought, but there!

LOVE!

Donna Jean

• 2 months later...
Guest Donna Marta

Thank you, everyone...

I love you all.

The water is down, the sun is back out....

I've put on my "big girl panties" and started to plant flowers again....

I'm not totally defeated....just sidetracked...

There will be flowers this summer...later than I thought, but there!

LOVE!

Donna Jean

Did your flowers ever come back? Was it the Big girl do the trick? LOL Hugs

Guest Donna Jean

Hey, Donna.....

Yep! I pulled up the "Big Girl" panties and got them re-planted so that I'd have some flowers for this year...

Thanks for asking, Hon!

100_1398.jpg

100_1400.jpg

Huggs

Donna Jean

• Forum Moderator

I saw this thread and not the date for a minute and my heart turned over while i thought "Oh no! Not again and she didn't tell me!

Whew! What a difference time makes:D

Love you

JJ

Guest Donna Jean

I saw this thread and not the date for a minute and my heart turned over while i thought "Oh no! Not again and she didn't tell me!

Love you

JJ

OMG, JJ......

Thank you for the concern.....

It happened 3 times before I got these flowers...

I don't honestly think that I could handle one more flood...

Dang...

LOVE

Donna Jean

Love you

JJ

Me too, JJ! Me too!

Huggs,

Opal

• Forum Moderator

Dee Jay love

I think you can handle anything! But I wouldn't want you to have to!

I wouldn't be surprised if your flowers didn't end up a little better each time. Instead of spending your time moaning about your fate you just went out and started again-and again.

You are such an example of courage and determination!! An inspiration to everyone on Laura's.

How can an Ohio girl be a steel magnolia?

Love

JJ