• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Subconsiously My Art Has Revealed My Sexuality. O.0

Guest Flistan

Guest Flistan

It's REALLY weird, like how I feel like my dreams from childhood prove my orientation is not as simple as it seems. It's all innate and everything, and it's like "WOAH I DIDN'T NOTICE THAT BEFORE IT'S SO COOL!!!" like a Salvidor Dali painting- one of the eye-spy-like ones he did.

So, there's been a lot of stuff I've done here and there, too many to name, but one in particular has been striking me lately.

I've been working on this story to prepare a layout for it in comic-form and my main character's name is Shift (yes... like my username... but not really like me as much as it seems). I started writing this story like early last fall and I learned about the subject of transgender topics in January.

MY CHARACTER IS TOTALLY FTM AND IT WAS COMPLETELY UNINTENTIONAL I SWEAR!!!

It's really weird how your characters can develop out of your control. XD Well, more of the control was about her attractions, not identity. Since my mom is against the idea of if I were a lesbian, I was sort of freaky about giving Shift a girlfriend, but it's just right. It fits, it's who she is. ^.^ Maybe it reflects development in my own life? o.0 hmmm...

Anywho- I hope my story will get popular so that there can be an awesome transgendered hero in the world people can look up to as a person, not because of their sexuality. ^.^

I haven't done a lot of physical work as of yet, but I'm working on it. If you're interested, I have an excerpt ( http://luna-cast.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2iaqvc ) and a quick doodle I did ( http://luna-cast.deviantart.com/#/d2rddfw ). I must give you a little warning if you read the intro though... it's like nothing I've ever written. I'm always so formal and magical and here comes super-duper-extra-ADHD-vernacular language that can lay out 100 panels of comic pages for you in a paragraph. ><! Basically, it's like 1984, Slumdog Millionaire, Xmen, and Trigun, haha. The world has nearly become completely communist and... well I have info there, lol.

But yeah- have you ever discovered your artwork was more revealing to your sexual subconscious? o.0

This is one I did on my other account and it's a really bad photo but yeah. I actually almost did another one of these... these... androdroids... androgynoids... lol. I was seriuosly going to do an epic one too... http://datenshigami.deviantart.com/art/Sha...15028&qo=13

Actually this one sucks compared to the one I was going to do... ><!! merg... Maybe I should make it a summer project... Lol I made people try and figure out if it was a guy or a girl. Go read the comments. XD

Guest Evan_J
It's REALLY weird, like how I feel like my dreams from childhood prove my orientation is not as simple as it seems. It's all innate and everything, and it's like "WOAH I DIDN'T NOTICE THAT BEFORE IT'S SO COOL!!!" like a Salvidor Dali painting- one of the eye-spy-like ones he did.

So, there's been a lot of stuff I've done here and there, too many to name, but one in particular has been striking me lately.

I've been working on this story to prepare a layout for it in comic-form and my main character's name is Shift (yes... like my username... but not really like me as much as it seems). I started writing this story like early last fall and I learned about the subject of transgender topics in January.

It's really weird how your characters can develop out of your control. XD Well, more of the control was about her attractions, not identity. Since my mom is against the idea of if I were a lesbian, I was sort of freaky about giving Shift a girlfriend, but it's just right. It fits, it's who she is. ^.^ Maybe it reflects development in my own life? o.0 hmmm...

Anywho- I hope my story will get popular so that there can be an awesome transgendered hero in the world people can look up to as a person, not because of their sexuality. ^.^

I haven't done a lot of physical work as of yet, but I'm working on it. If you're interested, I have an excerpt ( http://luna-cast.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2iaqvc ) and a quick doodle I did ( http://luna-cast.deviantart.com/#/d2rddfw ). I must give you a little warning if you read the intro though... it's like nothing I've ever written. I'm always so formal and magical and here comes super-duper-extra-ADHD-vernacular language that can lay out 100 panels of comic pages for you in a paragraph. ><! Basically, it's like 1984, Slumdog Millionaire, Xmen, and Trigun, haha. The world has nearly become completely communist and... well I have info there, lol.

But yeah- have you ever discovered your artwork was more revealing to your sexual subconscious? o.0

This is one I did on my other account and it's a really bad photo but yeah. I actually almost did another one of these... these... androdroids... androgynoids... lol. I was seriuosly going to do an epic one too... http://datenshigami.deviantart.com/art/Sha...15028&qo=13

Actually this one sucks compared to the one I was going to do... ><!! merg... Maybe I should make it a summer project... Lol I made people try and figure out if it was a guy or a girl. Go read the comments. XD

I know y'all artists get excited but slow down lol. ADHD is lapping over onto your post not just your comic. First , if you're sure this character is FtM they wouldn't be a she then. You have to re-look at the character, maybe you're misidentifying them as FtM just because of sexuality/girlfriend. Also, take care that you don't read sexuality as identity for YOURSELF.

Guest Flistan

Yeah, I still struggle with calling Shift a "he" just because I'm not used to it yet. >< The subject doesn't really come up in the story; it's just what it is. Due to their lack of education they may not even know the simple science behind the miracle of life let alone the confusions of sexuality. o.0 They just do what they do. lol.

But he/she's definitely FTM as where I am not, as well as has attractions for women which I have neither. Shift is sort of a foil of myself... on steroids. XD

Guest Evan_J
Yeah, I still struggle with calling Shift a "he" just because I'm not used to it yet. >< The subject doesn't really come up in the story; it's just what it is. Due to their lack of education they may not even know the simple science behind the miracle of life let alone the confusions of sexuality. o.0 They just do what they do. lol.

But he/she's definitely FTM as where I am not, as well as has attractions for women which I have neither. Shift is sort of a foil of myself... on steroids. XD

got it ;)

• 2 months later...
Guest miss kindheart

Hi Shift,

<< hug >>>

I think they are quite a bit more that doodling :lol:

I really love The Dragon of Twisted Vines :wub:

Thank you for sharing all of them -_-

:wub: vanna

• 1 month later...
Guest Cynthia Of Creation

Actually, in a way ya, Although I do like giraffes and tutrles, but um ya I always draw women though, long hair,

but further that thought even selecting a character in a video game; When I thought about it, i rarely ever pic a male character.

Ive heard that really generaly people pic characters they feel more in line with. I pic cammy (SSF4)most

my name is Omega_Queen on Gunz, I have like 30fem to 5m charcters made on SC4,

and than even in socal bacgrounds, I always hanged out with girls more,

So ya I could definatly see how the art can reveal that. I still cant believe I was actually chatting wit ya before, forums and live chats such a different feeling wierd, lol.