• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

How Long Did It Take ?

Guest tori319

Guest tori319

I've been growing my hair from scratch for four months and only have 2 inches of hair and my goal is 23 inches , how long did it take for your hair to reach its goal?

Tori,

Hair grows at different rates for everyone, the seasons of the year and your general health also plays a part in it.

If you grew 2 inches in 4 months you would have around 6 inches in 12 months, in other words to get to 23" will take approximately 4 years.

I have been growing mine from scratch for 18 months an it still has not gotten much past the bottom of my ears, my right side grows faster than the left which makes my cut asymmetrical but my beautician says it is the style these days.

Paula

Guest CharlieRose

Yeah, two inches in four months, or half an inch a month, is pretty much standard. Unfortunately, you just gotta wait sometimes.

Guest kelise

lol, my hair almost seemed to resapond to my desire.

My job requires men to cut their hair short. When I lived as a guy I HATED getting my hair cut (for obvious reasons) so I would "will" it to stay short to minimize the number of haircuts I'd have to endure. And it worked! Because of the work requirement, I was afraid I'd have to wear a wig once I went full time until it grew out (I could never pass with short hair) Then a really nice gay hairsytlist friend offered to put in extentions for cheap. So the day before i went full-time I spent 6 hours getting hair put in. They looked ok, but i really wanted my own long hair, so as of that day I started "willing" it to grow. The extentions lasted 6 months, by the time I took them out, my hair had grown 6 inches! Another year later and my hair was as long as you see in my pic.