• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Yay, I Have My Srs Scheduled

Paula ult

Yesterday i had my consult for srs with Dr. Christine Mcginn in New Hope Pa. the name of the town is quite appropriate i think.

This is major surgery, about 5 hours worth, she has stricter standards than most srs surgeons to reduce complications, i need to lose 50 - 60 pounds to get under her cut off bmi of 28, quite doable if i stay focused on the prize, because of my medical history i have a higher risk factor for complications, she will preform the surgery if i get to a bmi below 28, my blood work is ok, as well as a chest x-ray and my cardiologist signs off on it.

Today i called Sara her office manager, she was off for a funeral when i was there, we checked on dates for next year, durn it my birthday was not available, it was a bit earlier than i wanted anyway but it would have been nice, so i picked May 9 2011, i paid the non refundable $1k deposit, i was told no driving for 3 weeks but that i can bowl again as early as 6 weeks from when i had surgery, but she doubted i would feel much like it, but i should be ready for when they startup next year in the fall, that will give me almost 4 months to recover.

This is such a huge step, srs is the icing on the cake everyone wants but in fact it is just the beginning, i kicked off those baby shoes late last year and am now running with Nike's.

Paula :)

Congrats Paula! This is a huge step. You've got plenty of time to achieve your goal weight (I assume you mean 9 May 2011), and I know you can do it -- go use those Nikes!

Pól :)

That is just wonderful news - it is about the best thing to happen and the last of all of the baby steps - a great big one!

I am so happy that you have gotten everything lined up - now just shed those pounds, I am too and you will be fine.

Love ya,

Sally

I'm really happy for you Paula. I know how important this step is and the excitement of becoming complete. I know you will do what you have to do. :)

Love Susan

Guest ~Brenda~

i kicked off those baby shoes late last year and am now running with Nike's.

Honey, you have been such an inspiration.

What a tremendous day that will be for you. I am guessing that you meant May 9, 2011.

I will wait for that day with anticipation.

Love

Brenda

• Admin

Fantastic news, Paula! Congrats, hon.

Your are a very special woman, and I could not be happier for you.

All the best.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest doodle

Oops yes i ment May 9 2011. i corrected it.

Paula

/Wow good for you. My therapist and I were talking about the topic of SRS and where I would go. She suggested the doctor you are going to. i want some one close by in case of problems. i wish you luck and a happy voyage to your final goal

Kelly

Guest BeckyTG

Sweet Girlfriend Paula,

I am soooo happy for you. You have spent so much effort to make others happy, I'm very glad that you are focusing some effort on yourself.

You have been a real inspiration for me, too. I've read your baby steps and followed your story with great interest. Meeting you and spending time with you was a warm experience and very motivational for me.

I wish you the very best and now you have a vision to help you exercise and meet your physical goal, too.

Love and hugs,

Becky