• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Surgery...

Guest HashBrown

Guest Lee-Asher Geo-James

I have decided that I don't want it. None of it. I got dysphoria once for the top and well that was it. It's not like I need it. So, I have decided to just stick with it.

This doesn't make me any less of a man. Hell, there are some guys that can't even get the surgery for many reasons. I am one guy choosing to NOT get them :)

I hope that *all* can respect this :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sally

• Carolyn Marie

Guest karl636

Everyone is different so if you are happy with what you have then all power to you! I think its great you have been able to come to this decision and that you are able to have that much comfort in your own body whilst maintaining a male identity. I find that level of stableness admirable. *salutes* :)

Everyone is different so if you are happy with what you have then all power to you! I think its great you have been able to come to this decision and that you are able to have that much comfort in your own body whilst maintaining a male identity. I find that level of stableness admirable. *salutes* :)

Thank you!

I have been struggling with it for the longest time and I am glad that I have figured it all out now :) I will be getting a Hysto though :) (after I have a kiddo)

Guest AlexMichel

I agree that it is pretty fantastic that you have already made your decision. It is admirable (and much, much less expensive/painful/time consuming).

I bet it's also a relief that you don't have to think about it anymore. I get anxious when I think about having surgery, but I'm not quite at the point where I can make a decision about it. XD

I agree that it is pretty fantastic that you have already made your decision. It is admirable (and much, much less expensive/painful/time consuming).

I bet it's also a relief that you don't have to think about it anymore. I get anxious when I think about having surgery, but I'm not quite at the point where I can make a decision about it. XD

I have been struggling with it for some time now. And well I don't think that there is a point in it anymore. I won't ever get bottom because I have a phobia of uh ya knows and well why get one otherwise????

Top well what if I want to drag? I want to look hot for it :P

• Admin

Lee, there are many reasons that TS folks don't opt for surgery, and that includes MtF's as well as FtM's. Surgery is great for those who want it, but it certainly doesn't prove anything. You desrve praise for making a decision that is right for you.

Good for you!

Carolyn Marie

Lee, there are many reasons that TS folks don't opt for surgery, and that includes MtF's as well as FtM's. Surgery is great for those who want it, but it certainly doesn't prove anything. You desrve praise for making a decision that is right for you.

Good for you!

Carolyn Marie

:) Thank you :)

Guest Donna Jean

Gender spectrum......

We all stop at the point that is comfortable for us...

We're individuals...we all want somnething a little different from everyone else...

I'm glad that you made your decision and are not influenced by what others think...that shows real maturity...

Huggs

Donna Jean

Gender spectrum......

We all stop at the point that is comfortable for us...

We're individuals...we all want somnething a little different from everyone else...

I'm glad that you made your decision and are not influenced by what others think...that shows real maturity...

Huggs

Donna Jean

Thank you!

I actually thought that there may be people here that would say why are you doing that...

Maybe people are thinking it and won't say anything because it's rude :lol:

Thank you once again. *hugs*

Guest Elizabeth K

Sorry Geo - didn't see this earlier!

GOOD FOR YOU! Decisions are great, and the best part? They belong to YOU!

No one will criticise here I think, would REALLY be surprised if they do. And I doubt this lack of criticism is because they are trying to be polite, its just that such a thing as you wrote is exactly what we are here for, to explain, to explore possibilies, to say what it takes be ourselves.

So BRAVO my Geo! Such a good topic! Such a strong stand on such a personal matter! GOOD FOR YOU!

Lizzy

all i have to say is.....

love ya babe :)

:blush: I love ya too :D

Sorry Geo - didn't see this earlier!

GOOD FOR YOU! Decisions are great, and the best part? They belong to YOU!

No one will criticise here I think, would REALLY be surprised if they do. And I doubt this lack of criticism is because they are trying to be polite, its just that such a thing as you wrote is exactly what we are here for, to explain, to explore possibilies, to say what it takes be ourselves.

So BRAVO my Geo! Such a good topic! Such a strong stand on such a personal matter! GOOD FOR YOU!

Lizzy

That's okay :D My posts tend to get lost ;)

This was very very hard to make. But I made and I am glad. Who knows maybe a few years down the road I will decide later on that I do want it. But not right now and that's fine with me :)

Guest My_Genesis

Thank you!

I actually thought that there may be people here that would say why are you doing that...

Maybe people are thinking it and won't say anything because it's rude :lol:

Thank you once again. *hugs*

Well, I'm not one to judge what decisions you make. No one is. The only one who has a right to judge you is you. just because I don't understand something doesn't mean I can criticize it. I've always had a lot of chest dysphoria even when I was little - i wanted to be able to run around without a shirt like the boys did and it bugged me that I couldn't. Now, every time I see a guy shirtless, it makes me green as grass with envy. I almost hate them for it. So I definitely want chest surgery, and while I can't understand why anyone would want breasts (even cis girls, lol cuz to me they just seem like a nuisance), I am not going to go tell someone they should chop em off. :P

Well, I'm not one to judge what decisions you make. No one is. The only one who has a right to judge you is you. just because I don't understand something doesn't mean I can criticize it. I've always had a lot of chest dysphoria even when I was little - i wanted to be able to run around without a shirt like the boys did and it bugged me that I couldn't. Now, every time I see a guy shirtless, it makes me green as grass with envy. I almost hate them for it. So I definitely want chest surgery, and while I can't understand why anyone would want breasts (even cis girls, lol cuz to me they just seem like a nuisance), I am not going to go tell someone they should chop em off. :P

:lol:

I can get full of envy too. But either way, even if I did have a flat chest it's not like I could go shirtless anyways... So there's really no point in surgery.

Who are you going to go see when you get it? Or have you even thought that far yet? ;)

Guest My_Genesis

I can get full of envy too. But either way, even if I did have a flat chest it's not like I could go shirtless anyways... So there's really no point in surgery.

Who are you going to go see when you get it? Or have you even thought that far yet? ;)

lol I have thought that far :P Probably peri with Dr. Fischer. I've heard she's the best for peri (from a transguy on YouTube who had peri with Medalie and I spoke to him a bit about it because his results are awesome.)

lol I have thought that far :P Probably peri with Dr. Fischer. I've heard she's the best for peri (from a transguy on YouTube who had peri with Medalie and I spoke to him a bit about it because his results are awesome.)

Nice!

How much will it cost?

Guest AndrewK

This might sound like a contradiction or something, but it's true.

I never really had top dysphoria, but I do have a lot of bottom dysphoria. However, I still decided to have top surgery (I got it last week). Even though I was never really dysphoric, having my breasts removed makes me feel 91238491823074028734102304173041093840192384091230481209348109238409128349018 times better about myself, lol.

I never really had top dysphoria, but I do have a lot of bottom dysphoria. However, I still decided to have top surgery (I got it last week). Even though I was never really dysphoric, having my breasts removed makes me feel 91238491823074028734102304173041093840192384091230481209348109238409128349018 times better about myself, lol.

Congrats on getting Top from me and the Chat mod Chad Micheals :)

Guest My_Genesis

... wait, I meant to ask this before - why wouldn't you be able to go shirtless? ... I think I might know but I'm not sure.. :huh:

Nice!

How much will it cost?

I think it's about 7K. HOWEVER I am thinking about asking my doc to get referred for a prophylactic mastectomy, which basically means getting it as a preventative measure. My second cousin who is about my dad's age (they are cousins) is on chemo and has been fighting breast cancer. There is a history of it in my family. She suggested I look into doing it that way, cuz then insurance might cover it, because girls get it done too (according to her.) If I can't do that, I will probably use one of those month-to-month credit payment type deals where you commit to paying in full within a certain amount of time and so long as you do, it's interest free. :)

Cool! Congrats on surgery! Which one did you get? I never had a lot of chest dysphoria either... well, I mean other than what I said above about being really envious of guys when they were shirtless... that bugs me. But compared to my lower dysphoria it's nothing. It feels like something's missing down there :(... lol...

... wait, I meant to ask this before - why wouldn't you be able to go shirtless? ... I think I might know but I'm not sure.. :huh:

I think it's about 7K. HOWEVER I am thinking about asking my doc to get referred for a prophylactic mastectomy, which basically means getting it as a preventative measure. My second cousin who is about my dad's age (they are cousins) is on chemo and has been fighting breast cancer. There is a history of it in my family. She suggested I look into doing it that way, cuz then insurance might cover it, because girls get it done too (according to her.) If I can't do that, I will probably use one of those month-to-month credit payment type deals where you commit to paying in full within a certain amount of time and so long as you do, it's interest free. :)

Cool! Congrats on surgery! Which one did you get? I never had a lot of chest dysphoria either... well, I mean other than what I said above about being really envious of guys when they were shirtless... that bugs me. But compared to my lower dysphoria it's nothing. It feels like something's missing down there :(... lol...

Because too many scars (I am sure that's what you were thinking).

But would they even be able to adjust the nipples to look like a ""male's"" chest? It seems as though it wouldn't. :huh:

Guest Zolrek

Its your body and if that's what you think is the right way for you then I respect you for it. I'm happy you know what you want.

Its your body and if that's what you think is the right way for you then I respect you for it. I'm happy you know what you want.

:D

Thank you.

Now you get a famous Geo hug :P

*hugs*

Guest My_Genesis

Because too many scars (I am sure that's what you were thinking).

But would they even be able to adjust the nipples to look like a ""male's"" chest? It seems as though it wouldn't. :huh:

yeah that's what i was thinking. Have you ever thought about using scar cream like Mederma or something to help the scars fade?

yeah they would be able to do that, if I am getting peri they do adjust the nipples. I need lots of resizing though; hopefully that isn't a problem with making it look like a male chest. I have to talk to a dr. about it.