• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Online Gender Therapists

Guest Miss Rachel

Guest Miss Rachel

Where I live there are no Gender Therapists. I read that it would be better to have a GT as opposed to just a regular Therapist since they might misdiagnose you. So Instead of driving to the next province for 20 some hours I was wondering if any of you had experience with Online Gender Therapists?

Are they pretty much the same?

Can I still get "The Magic Letter" from them?

Is there any you would recommend?

Thx

Guest ~Lily~

Hey honey, you might be interested in this!

http://gendercounseling.org/

It's legit, it's been confirmed by people here on Laura's. :)

I plan to go this route when I get a job. x3

You can email him for pricing and all the other info, or I could just show you what he sent me. (it's gotta be pre-written, I'm sure, so it's the same thing he sends to everyone asking for info)

Google Docs - gendercounseling.org info

He asks you to email him the Bio Form back if you're interested, I included that in the Google Doc, too.

Let me know if you go through with it, I'm anxious to see what it's like! ^^

Love, Valerie

Guest Miss Rachel

Hey honey, you might be interested in this!

It's legit, it's been confirmed by people here on Laura's. :)

I plan to go this route when I get a job. x3

You can email him for pricing and all the other info, or I could just show you what he sent me. (it's gotta be pre-written, I'm sure, so it's the same thing he sends to everyone asking for info)

He asks you to email him the Bio Form back if you're interested, I included that in the Google Doc, too.

Let me know if you go through with it, I'm anxious to see what it's like! ^^

Love, Valerie

That would be awesome if you could post what he said :) I'm not quite ready to do anything yet, financially anyway. But I would like to have some numbers in my head.

Thx everyone else for the replies. I knew I could count on you all. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • Admin

How long did it take for them to reply? I emailed them weeks ago and still nothing back

I don't think it should have take anywhere near that long. If there is a phone number for you therapist I would call and inquire. If not, I would send another e-mail ASAP. You should have at least received some acknowledgement.

Carolyn Marie

Guest Donna Jean

How long did it take for them to reply? I emailed them weeks ago and still nothing back

Honey....

Re-email......

Something went wrong...you shouldn't have to wait for more than 72 hours for a reply....

Can you set your email to notify you that someone received it? If so ...do that!

Huggs

Donna Jean

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Cowboy

Stumbled across this topic but glad i did.

the closest GT to my area is in ATL, or up in nothern Georgia.

My family cant afford to make trips up there all the time

but when things get straightened out money wise this link will come in handy. smile.gif

Cowboy

Guest Lady.Violette

You girls saved me :D

I went to

and in 3 days (yesterday) I had my first session. Im so happy I can finally afford therapy. My old therapist would charge me in a week, what Dr. Graham charges me in a month :D

Im uber, super exited. And I cant want to start hormones :D

TYVM for the info XD

I am personally very skeptical as to the usefulness of this as "therapy". Even telephone "therapy" is very limited compared to in person. Now if its over the internet with voice, well that be as good as telephone.

On the other hand, if one has some pre-determined conclusion and wants "therapy" mostly for the all important referral letters and some general transition guidence, I see no problem with it. There are plenty of in person gender therapists who will take your money and listen, give some letters without pulling one into dealing with their issues. Seems to me the online alternative may be cheaper.

One wanting to really dig into issues, to really work on the things that many blame on not being transitioned, there is no substitute to in-person therapy in my opinion.

Guest Lady.Violette

I am personally very skeptical as to the usefulness of this as "therapy". Even telephone "therapy" is very limited compared to in person. Now if its over the internet with voice, well that be as good as telephone.

On the other hand, if one has some pre-determined conclusion and wants "therapy" mostly for the all important referral letters and some general transition guidence, I see no problem with it. There are plenty of in person gender therapists who will take your money and listen, give some letters without pulling one into dealing with their issues. Seems to me the online alternative may be cheaper.

One wanting to really dig into issues, to really work on the things that many blame on not being transitioned, there is no substitute to in-person therapy in my opinion.

But its sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo expensive :(

There is no way in Hell that I can afford in person therapy. Paying 500 bucks a month is WAY over my budget. For now this is the only thing I can get. And it does help too. Especially when I KNOW in my heart what I want.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest barton

Thanks much for posting that. I'm definitely going to have to look into this guy. I can't afford the therapists that are in my area. Plus, I'm on a night schedule so it's hard finding day-time appointments that work for me. But in this case, the time zone difference works perfectly for me. :)

Guest Donna Jean

Drea...

Exactly!

There are many people that feel thet have no real issues and want to go the "correct" route to get hormones...

This makes it happen...

It satisifies the SOC and gets the letters!

No, I do agree that for more complex problems ...nothing beats eye to eye...

Huggs

Donna Jean

• 1 month later...

I think this may be the best solution allowing funds to be best allocated bring about the tangible results we are all trying to achieve. Hopefully I can find some local support and social circles to share suggestions, recommendations and experiences. I am getting more excited that things will be achievable.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CrazyChristy

Hey everybody my name is Christy and this is my first post. I was wanting to know more about how yalls online sessions are going because I'm thinking of taking this route. I haven't ever been to a therapist so I'm really nervous about going to one face to face and plus I'm a college student and I work but I don't really have a lot of money to spend on therapy right now.

• Admin

Hi, Christy. Glad to meet you.

I hope you get some replies from folks who have had experience with online therapists. I can tell you from other posts I've read that it seems to work pretty well. There are a number of links in the early posts in this thread if you want to get a list together for yourself.

Please do post in the Introductions Forum when you have a chance, so that everyone gets a chance to meet you and say hello. There might even be some cookies in it for ya! :D

Carolyn Marie

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Donna Jean

Do they help you find a doctor for the blood tests and rx?

Honey.....the online therapis can be hundreds of miles away....

You'll probably have to do that locally....

HUGGS

Donna Jean

• 2 months later...
Guest barton

I have a question for anyone who has used or knows anyone who has used the services at http://gendercounseling.org/

About how long did it take for your letter to arrive in the mail? Its been a few weeks now and I'm getting a bit anxious. Would it be too soon to email them or should I just give it more time?