• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Like Real!

Guest Quinn

thank you for replying ever so quickly. I was quite excited about the product and i agree the website definitely sells it very well.

I've also e-mailed them 4... 5.. times about receiving a tracking number.. but they never replied back, so sad:( i ordered august 4th.. should i just wait 15 days? my goodness.

btw if youre having problems wearing it how do you do it then? if you dont mind that i ask.

also would you say you were wearing this product on daily basis? quite terrible to hear about all the tear.

I'm sorry you haven't exactly had a good experience with them. What made you choose this over the Tyron2? I am still leaning towards getting a Lola Jake because then I can have an STP, and P&P all in one... I've heard mixed things about the Lola Jake though so I just really gotta look into the different options before I make a decision, don't wanna spend hundreds of dollars on something that doesn't do what it's supposed to do... but if not Lola Jake, I will get the Tyron2 and use an STP separately. Unless of course Version 3.0 has the STP option.

I chose it over the Tyron2 just because for one, Tyron isn't planning on the phase 3 being out until October of 2011, and he's not taking orders now. Plus I'll have to actually save up a lot longer to invest in the Tyron, while the Like Real was a cheaper sort of "hold us over until Tyron Phase 3 is out" option. Just sort of an in-between option, because we had a little bit of money saved up...just not nearly enough to put towards the Tyron. Basically we were inpatient, is the long and the short of it. XD

Quinn, thanks for taking the time to give us a detailed account of your experiences. The LikeReal prosthetics look so good on the website that it's hard to imagine that they are so poorly made. Wow. Sorry you spent so much on something that isn't up to snuff. It sounds like they wouldn't be much better without the STP option either.

If it's cool with you, I'd like to link to this post in the pinned topic about packers. I wouldn't want all of this useful information to get buried! Thanks again for sharing.

Oh sure, go ahead and link it if you want. Bit easier to find all the information there. I think I may have linked to it in my review that I did there, but you might be able to make it a bit more visible, heh. But yeah, I mean...the product does look amazing for a while. It really does. It's just now that I'm bummed out cause I've used all the materials and advice given to me, but it's still fading and whatnot. :/

thank you for replying ever so quickly. I was quite excited about the product and i agree the website definitely sells it very well.

I've also e-mailed them 4... 5.. times about receiving a tracking number.. but they never replied back, so sad:( i ordered august 4th.. should i just wait 15 days? my goodness.

btw if youre having problems wearing it how do you do it then? if you dont mind that i ask.

also would you say you were wearing this product on daily basis? quite terrible to hear about all the tear.

Yeah, you might have to wait a while, I dunno. For me it took so long because even though my product was listed as in stock on the USA website, they actually had run out and needed to get it shipped all the way over from Germany. Well, the prosthetic anyways. The adhesive was in stock in the USA, and they were going to send it to me separately. All this they already knew when I emailed them, and didn't think to tell me at all, except for when I finally nagged them. So I could've just gotten the adhesive in the mail, with no prosthetic, and had absolutely no idea what was going on. :/ They take a while to get back when they do, and they list no phone number, so yeah...you're really just stuck waiting.

I wear it using a weeeeird homemade harness, haha. XD I decided that sports bras were pretty good at holding things in place...so I basically flipped a sports bra upside down, cut a hole in the front of it, and just sort of...put it on. And I wear boxers or boxer briefs over it. Kind of sucks because the testicles of the prosthetic have to be covered, but it does hold okay, as opposed to it pretty much always almost falling off when you just rely on the adhesive.

I do wear it on a daily basis though, yeah.

• 2 weeks later...

Quinn: do you know what they plan on doing for the making of the tyron 3?

i like the idea of the prosthetic being flaccid and than construct by pumping the testicles?? however i think... if its possibly a good idea... to have the prosthetic become construct upon strokes... that.. would be somewhat close to having a real one.. no??

Anyhoo did you get the chance to email LIKEREAL back? i e-mailed them several times.. i gave up.. im just going to wait for them to send me the package or a tracking number when they feel like it.... I know theres a contact number... however i'd have to call at 11pm eastern time in order to reach them over there... and judging by the voice message they have (language)... i dont think they have someone understanding english...

I don't know anything about the phase 3 personally, no, just that it's due to be around Oct. of 2011. Your idea is an interesting one though...you could try emailing him about it, he seems to be open to any suggestions. Just go to tyron2.net (link NSFW on some pages) and look for contact info.

Haven't emailed likereal though, no. I honestly don't think I'd get anything out of it seeing as they didn't even bother to respond to my email asking about the failing medical adhesive. And yeah they didn't even seem to give me the correct tracking info when they /did/ give it to me. And as for their language skills...xD yeah even when I sent my email to their USA email address, the response was in broken English at best. And the site I had to use the tracking number in at first was all German, had to use an online translator.

Honestly, I'm starting to think they only responded at all because my girlfriend and I were suggesting taking legal action against them (mostly just for dramatic flair) because we hadn't received the product and service we paid for.

Quinn: do you know what they plan on doing for the making of the tyron 3?

i like the idea of the prosthetic being flaccid and than construct by pumping the testicles?? however i think... if its possibly a good idea... to have the prosthetic become construct upon strokes... that.. would be somewhat close to having a real one.. no??

Anyhoo did you get the chance to email LIKEREAL back? i e-mailed them several times.. i gave up.. im just going to wait for them to send me the package or a tracking number when they feel like it.... I know theres a contact number... however i'd have to call at 11pm eastern time in order to reach them over there... and judging by the voice message they have (language)... i dont think they have someone understanding english...

Oh man.. when I order packers I know how excited I get for them to arrive.. I can only imagine how frustrating that was for you! I'm glad you finally got it!

I have to ask..

I'm really big into the squeeze factor. I have no idea what a real one feels like, but I'm pretty certain it feels NOTHING like the Lola Jake model I bought. Does the Like Real packer you got squeeze real (as far as you know)? LOL!