• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I Think The Jumping Through Hoops Is Over

Guest My_Genesis

Guest My_Genesis

Glad things are going in a better direction now! Getting hormones is such a pain :(

I know!!!

And

Dude you will grt yours. relax. and once it happens it won't stopp!

thank you bronx!

Thanks Lizzy. :)

So I got 7 vials of blood drawn. lol. Don't mind cuz needles and I are cool haha. He basically is measuring my entire endocrine system I think. He realizes I have high T levels and thinks I may have PCOS. He wants me to go to a gyno who he refers a lot of ftm's to. Not so thrilled about the idea of that but at least it's a female one and not a male one cuz if I'm gonna go to that kind of a dr. I'd prefer a female doing that stuff :huh: And he said that with the bloods and a sonogram we'd be able to figure out whether I have PCOS. Also he is testing adrenal gland stuff cuz that's another possibility for high T levels. I go back to school July 12th and at first he said come back in about 3 wks but I told him about school so I'm seeing him again on the 8th - so 2 weeks from today, and he'll have blood results by then. I am hoping I can get an appt. with the gyno before then because then I have a better chance of getting on T sooner... otherwise, I have to come home from school at some point to see the gyno, then come home again to follow up with the endo. Because I am in school til August 20th then I am only home for a wk, and move in for the fall on the 27th. So I might as well get as much as I can worked out before returning to school, right? He said after I see the gyno we can set up a more "concrete strategy" of what we're going to do. I am fine with starting T right before school or even if I have to come home on a wkend from school to start (I told him this because he's available on some Saturdays) but I just wanna get things moving as best I can.

I think I'd completely blocked that gyno visit out of my memory, but now that you bring it up, I do remember having to do that. If that's who I'm thinking of, she's fine. She seemed very nice, but I was also fairly hung over when I went to go see her because I think I had attempted to get completely langered the night before (not because of this), and failed. Granted going to a gyno office was very awkward (the paperwork -- I think it must be mostly for women who want to get pregnant or something) , but I think that's true for any transman ever. If I made it through hung over, you'll be fine.

I'm glad this seems to be working for you. :)

Guest My_Genesis

I think I'd completely blocked that gyno visit out of my memory, but now that you bring it up, I do remember having to do that. If that's who I'm thinking of, she's fine. She seemed very nice, but I was also fairly hung over when I went to go see her because I think I had attempted to get completely langered the night before (not because of this), and failed. Granted going to a gyno office was very awkward (the paperwork -- I think it must be mostly for women who want to get pregnant or something) , but I think that's true for any transman ever. If I made it through hung over, you'll be fine.

I'm glad this seems to be working for you. :)

lol, thanks. Yeah I wouldn't blame you for blocking it out of your memory. I am just concerned about the timing now because I am going back to school in less than 3 wks and it would be better to start T before or during the time I'm there for the summer and not after... feel like I'm cramming. Cuz once I'm back in school theres only another week I'll be home then I'm gone for a semester.

That gyno doesn't take any insurance, he told me.. hope it won't be too expensive! Would like to get an appointment ASAP. Just gets it over with too lol.

Guest ramoneskid

Oh man that's great dude. I've been searching for endos and gender counselors in the area I'm moving to, with not much luck thus far (anybody know places in Portland OR?) but I'm determined to find one and get the ball rolling. I'm stoked for you about your 'scrip. Best of luck mate :)

Oh man that's great dude. I've been searching for endos and gender counselors in the area I'm moving to, with not much luck thus far (anybody know places in Portland OR?) but I'm determined to find one and get the ball rolling. I'm stoked for you about your 'scrip. Best of luck mate :)

As far as doctors who will prescribe hormones to trans people, Dr. Sara Becker is in Milwaukie, OR, just barely south of Portland. I'm hopefully going to see her in August or September (need to make an appointment first!). She's worked with a lot of trans people, and is trans herself. I'm hoping to see her under informed consent, but her website has a list of some therapists in the area, as well as some other doctors that you can go see as well. Here is the link to her website: http://www.sarabecker.com/t/index.html, and here is the link to the clinic she works at: http://www.nwpc.com/Location%20MFP.asp

Guest My_Genesis

Erm... so today I found out that a visit to this gyno he told me about who takes no insurance is going to cost over $600 up front :blink: and that's just the visit, not incl. anything else like an ultrasound or whatever. The earliest they can give me was July 14th but I am going back to school on the 12th so I wasn't able to make an appointment until August. I am probably going to cancel because it's way too expensive anyways. I left a message with my endo asking if he has any other recommendations because this doesn't seem to be feasible financially and I can't get an appointment for awhile anyway. He seems like he wants me to go to one before starting me on T. So as much as I'd love to not have to go to one at all, it seems I'm going to have to and I'd prefer to do it sooner rather than later, not only to get it over with but also because I'm going to be in school and want to start T before then, or at least during and not when I get back in August... :/ I dunno, I am seeing the endo on the 8th and if I can find a trans-friendly gyno that I can see before then, I might actually have a chance of starting T before I go to school...

:huh:

• Forum Moderator

Is it always like this around here on Friday afternoon?

And do I have to stand in the middle and pass it along since there's a girl and guy's side??:P

JJ

Guest My_Genesis

Is it always like this around here on Friday afternoon?

And do I have to stand in the middle and pass it along since there's a girl and guy's side??:P

JJ

lol what?

• Forum Moderator

Well-it's like this.I missed a page..so it wasn't even Friday afternoon:blush:

I was talking about the red, white and blue thing.......but since I'm here (having made a bit of a fool of myself.Now frantically searching for excuses..Oh I know I've been working on my computer all day..deleting and moving stuff and it has affected my brain. If that doesn't work as an excuse let me know-I have a couple in reserve)......sorry to hear about your medical runaround. Frustrating, but you strike me as someone who

will find your way through it in the most sensible way and very likely find a way to make your timetable too.

Good luck with it all.

Is it a full moon tonight,,,,,,anyone want to join me for a good howl at the moon??

As long as no one "transitions" into a big hairy shape under the moon.....

I'm getting off now. I think I'm getting worse!!

JJ

I was talking about the red, white and blue thing.......but since I'm here (having made a bit of a fool of myself.Now frantically searching for excuses..Oh I know I've been working on my computer all day..deleting and moving stuff and it has affected my brain. If that doesn't work as an excuse let me know-I have a couple in reserve)......sorry to hear about your medical runaround. Frustrating, but you strike me as someone who

will find your way through it in the most sensible way and very likely find a way to make your timetable too.

Good luck with it all.

Is it a full moon tonight,,,,,,anyone want to join me for a good howl at the moon??

JJ

I'm ALWAYS howling at the moon!

*howls*

Guest My_Genesis

Good luck with it all.

JJ

lol thanks JJ. Yeah so turns out my GT was a step ahead of me. Had my appointment with him a few hours after that post. He already had spoken to my endo earlier when I came in and they discussed the issue with the gyno. So my GT found someone else who takes my insurance and who he sent another of his ftm patients to. This patient apparently was adamant about not going to a gyno and did fine with this dr (actually she's a nurse, dunno how that works lol), said she was really nice about it. So I guess I found a trans-friendly gyno and can try to make an appointment :D (never thought I'd be happy about making a gyno appt. LOL)

Guest Lee-Asher Geo-James

Kinda funny to come back to this thread of yours and already know what all of it says :lol:

I want to say again, congrats.

And good luck at that appointment. Remember to relax and be calm. :) DON'T freak out. Trust me on that.

Make sure you call later today. After your doctors appointment (leave a message if able to if no one is there) call them like you said you would. Don't forget. I'll pester you until you do :P

I still have my fingers crossed that you'll get it before you go back to school. :)

*hugs*

Geo

Guest My_Genesis

Kinda funny to come back to this thread of yours and already know what all of it says :lol:

I want to say again, congrats.

And good luck at that appointment. Remember to relax and be calm. :) DON'T freak out. Trust me on that.

Make sure you call later today. After your doctors appointment (leave a message if able to if no one is there) call them like you said you would. Don't forget. I'll pester you until you do :P

I still have my fingers crossed that you'll get it before you go back to school. :)

*hugs*

Geo

I called them, someone answered but she said call back on Monday to make an appointment, because they only do that M-F. So I will call back on Monday and hopefully make an appointment.

Thanks, I am keeping my fingers crossed too! :)

I called them, someone answered but she said call back on Monday to make an appointment, because they only do that M-F. So I will call back on Monday and hopefully make an appointment.

Thanks, I am keeping my fingers crossed too! :)

I'll pester you on Monday then :P I have to be up early anyways so I can pester you :lol:

You're welcome :)

Yes, hope that tomorrow (Monday), things really start moving ahead for you. You have really paid your dues, time for some rewards!

Hugs,

Opal

Guest My_Genesis

I'll pester you on Monday then :P I have to be up early anyways so I can pester you :lol:

You're welcome :)

You can pester me all you want, just not before noon :rolleyes:

Yes, hope that tomorrow (Monday), things really start moving ahead for you. You have really paid your dues, time for some rewards!

Hugs,

Opal

Thanks!

You can pester me all you want, just not before noon :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Oh too bad!! I will so pester you before noon :P